• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pinsir Evo Typing

Jade the Necromancer

If in the next generation Pinsir got an evolution (face it: he's not quite up to par with Heracross as of now), what would his typing be? I was wondering this, and narrowed it down to 3 possibilities:

Pure Bug (no change, to keep it as the only fully evolved Pure Bug type)
Bug/Steel (its jaws are pretty fearsome and Steel would compliment this)
Bug/Fighting (gives STAB to Pinsir/Evo's many Fighting moves but becomes a bit too much like Heracross)

What does Serebii.net Forum think about this possible fifth gen Pokemon?

Shiny_Gible

Darth Giblius
yeah i agree, heracross outmatches pinsir still
I think that a pinsir evo would probably be bug/fight(but yeah, it would be like a hera copy) but i think that bug/dark also might be pretty fitting to pinsir's image, and they could give it pursuit and other moves to supplement the secondary dark type.

Probably Bug/Steel.

If Nintendo were dumb enough to make a Pinsir evo that is.

Zinimi

Yes, I like Snubbull
Just to be unique, let's try a Bug/Dark type. It really only adds on to its weaknesses, yes, but... imagine a Pinsir with purple stripes, the spikes on its jaw black, and shadowy wings that give it the Levitate ability, thus allowing it to get around Spikes, while still losing 25% rather than 50% to Stealth Rock.

Or another idea to make it more competitive would be the Bug/Steel idea suggested, but that makes it more like Scizor.

So... unique and competitive... I'm going to go with Bug/Ground. Give it some STAB with Earthquake, and we could have sand pouring out of its back (Gaara?) that acts like a rocket that gives it levitate. Normal Stealth Rock, no Spikes/TSpikes, Sandstorm worthy... I think it'd work out to surpass Heracross.

PsychicPsycho

Given Pinsir's current movepool, composed of more fighting then bug moves, it seems the most likely that an evo would be Bug/Fighting.

However, Bug/Steel and Bug/Dark seem possible also, just less so. Personnally, I think Bug/Dark would be interesting, since it hasn't been done yet. Plus, it would look pretty cool.

cloudk

hates you.
Bug/ground would be cool, with EQ as it's main STAB move and it's ability mold breaker enabling it to hit levitating opponents. Maybe it'll get megahorn too.

Horns made of sand, anyone?

Kor'vodisth

Pinsir in my opinion doesn't need an evolution (thro then again I said the same thing about Scyther as well in the past)

If It did, I would think that most likely an evolution would be Bug/Ground or Bug/Fighting

.Cubone.

Bug/Steel would just be like Scyther -> Scizor.

Want somethin new! Perhaps a Bug/Ice and such.

thunderblade12

Anything could get an evolution based on the 4th generation. Who expected Magmar, electabuzz, Porygon-2, Rhydon, Dusclops and Togetic to get an evolution?

Jade the Necromancer

Anything could get an evolution based on the 4th generation. Who expected Magmar, electabuzz, Porygon-2, Rhydon, Dusclops and Togetic to get an evolution?
This was my logic when I made the topic. Some of the fourth gen evolutions seemed completely unnecessary, so the topic's more of a "in the unlikely event that Pinsir gets an evolution what typing would be the best?"

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Pinsir won't get an evo becuz it's already quite powerful.

We need new & original pkmn in the next gen,besides,the pkmn that scream for an evo are Absol,Sharpedo,Dunsparce,Spinda & Banette & probably other pkmn with low stats.

Pinsir won't get an evo becuz it's already quite powerful.

We need new & original pkmn in the next gen,besides,the pkmn that scream for an evo are Absol,Sharpedo,Dunsparce,Spinda & Banette & probably other pkmn with low stats.

Absol and Sharpedo don't have low stats when it comes to Attack (and Special Attack and Speed for Sharpedo). They're more powerful than a Pinsir.

I'd keep it pure Bug. It'd make things more interesting since most Bugs are either Flying or Poison typed as well.

Last edited:

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Absol and Sharpedo don't have low stats when it comes to Attack (and Special Attack and Speed for Sharpedo). They're more powerful than a Pinsir.
ya,but they have really poor defences

dark rift

I would say bug/fighting

although I think Pinser would benefit by being fighting/bug without an evo from the number of fighting moves it can learn + STAB

ya,but they have really poor defences
That makes them good sweepers. Low defenses never was a factor for making evos.

Alakazam has poor defenses, but that doesn't mean we'll see the first Fourth evo for the Abra family.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
That makes them good sweepers. Low defenses never was a factor for making evos.

Alakazam has poor defenses, but that doesn't mean we'll see the first Fourth evo for the Abra family.
Ya,but Absol,Sharpedo & Banette are too cool & Gamefreak might want to make evos for them so that they can be in OU

PokeFreak001

Queen of Ice
I see an evo for it but it would be cool to see it as a Bug/Rock type so it can still have its move set and get help on it with its fire weakness but would gain a Steel/Water weakness but with all its Fighting type moves and and Earthquake (For Steel Types) Steel/Rock type weaknesses isn't a big issue really so only the Water types will be an issue so with a speed increase and the new Rock type add on it would be a pretty good pokemon plus it would look cool as a Rock type look at it now its kinda Rock-ish looking now the way it's pincher is designed and the armor looking body it has.