• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Piplup Becomes Separated! (632)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Piplup Becomes Separated!

On their way to Sunyshore City, while training, Gible's Draco Meteor once again hits Piplup. Piplup, angered by this, runs off. However, while gone, it meets up with Team Rocket in disguise and they have questionable plans. Will Ash & Co. get to Piplup in time?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
- Piplup has a dream about getting hit by Gible's Draco Meteor.
- It also dreams about everyone being angry on Gible because of its failed DM but the reverse happen.
- While searching for Piplup, Gible bites the tail of a Rhyperior (i think its the same Rhyperior Piplup faced a few moments ago)
- Piplup has really turned into a homing system for Gible's failed DM because Gible seemed to have used it to locate Piplup (and Pikachu who was tricked into capture by TR)
- Also the attack which Piplup learned is really Hydro Pump.
- It seems that the Rhyperior is the episode belonged to a trainer

Edit:- This is how Piplup dreams of Dawn would react to him and the last one is of Piplup just before it uses Hydro Pump.
[IMG139]http://i48.*******.com/24gt8xj.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i47.*******.com/2qdpe10.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i45.*******.com/f3asz5.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i48.*******.com/xqj9tf.jpg[/IMG139]

Edit-2 :- A collection of pics of Piplup's daydreams about Dawn in better quality than the above ones (by an anonymous person)
http://i49.*******.com/2rrm78o.jpg

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode, finaly Piplup learns anoter move. Hydro Pump can be very useful later in the GF.

I loved also two things:

-Ash's Grotle appeared again
-Piplup's dream on Dawn was very emotional

Dark Dranzer

The pictures of Dawn in Piplup's dream scare me a little. But it's good that he learns a powerful move, I'm looking forward to how Dawn uses it in her GF contest :)

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Man lots of ppl said that but i would never expect such a stupid thing to happen...anyway episode was cool but the homing draco meteors were a total overkill.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
I love the first scene with the Grand Festival dream. This is the Piplup that I love.

Gible is so dumb. I’ve never seen so much stupidity in a pokemon. .___. It was interesting that Gible’s facial expression didn’t change while Piplup was hitting it but I loved when Piplup had the dream of everyone scolding it. There it changed expressions.

I gotta admit, this penguin is awesome this episode. I have so many screencaps to make. XD Very hilarious dreams. Loved the Rhyperior that came out of nowhere to attack it.

The Raichu trainer looks like someone. Can’t remember who…

I know it’s completely weird but I can’t help if I squeal everytime Staraptor is on the screen.:(

Lol @ Gible biting the random tree while Ash gives Staraptor orders.

Why are they scanning Rhyperior? I thought they used the Pokedex on it when Palmer appeared.

Those crying scenes were perfect. Great animation. That was hilarious. I love how everyone kept sobbing in the scene. XD

Why is Staraptor so big again? One episode is smaller than Ash and now it’s humongous. Make up your mind. >_>

OMAHGAWSH Rhyperior is back and so is Gible biting the tree. I have a feeling that if Gible battles Torterra at the league it’s just going to bite it’s tree. :(

Piplup’s face was hilarious when it found out it was Team Rocket all the time.

That’s a nice way to find Piplup… a very nice way.

LOL @ the music when Dawn reunited with Piplup. Such a dramatic scene.

It’s Seviper… and now it’s gone again. >_>

Evil Pochama is back.. with Hydro Pump. I starting to think those eyes should have been Pochama’s original eyes. Looks cool.

That was one amazing way to animate Hydro Pump. I’m impressed.

This was a better episode than I expected. So wacky. I dare to say I liked it better than last week's. *hides*

TicoPokemonMaster

This episode became more than I expected. Does anyone know who was the animation director for this ep. Piplup's expressions were gold. One of my favorite scenes was when piplup was confronting gible on attacking it only to get his head biten by gible. Great episode altogether

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
After watching this wacky episode I actually feel bad that I almost didn't watch it because it sounded dumb. It was very entertaining and funny, Probably Piplup's best episode yet. Between Gible biting random things, Piplup's daydreams of Dawn jumping out of bushes with her sparkly eyes (Is this how Piplup really views her?), and Rhyperior trying to kill everyone for no reason at all I was seriously enjoying the episode. It totally redeemed Piplup and Gible for me as both were on my neutral list but both were awesome today. Team Rocket were in good form too, though Seviper and Carnivine were back to there usual easy to KO selves. The animation for Hydro Pump's opening was nice too. All in all a very funny and comical episode after serious Contest and powerful evolutions. It's nice to have break time episode like these as long as they are enjoyable.
Edit: Also I don't mind Dawn using her Pokedex on Rhyperior since it adds to her Pokedex entry. Ash and Dawn have two separate Pokedex's after all.

Last edited:

BlueVapor

^ ^_^
I gotta give this episode credit, because I expected it to be completely boring, but it was actually very entertaining and fun.

I loved Piplup's dream.

Great way to find Piplup ;)

And Piplup learning Hydro Pump is pretty awesome. Can't wait to see that used in the Grand Festival.

jefferies

a really good episode. Altough I thought Rhyperior's appearance was a bit superflous, with piplup learning a new move and a lengthy team rocket experience he wasn't needed. Having said that the animation was the best pokemon anime i've seen in a while and for the first time for as long as i can remember I watch a piplup-based episode and didn't come away feeling disgusted at the intolerable little thing but actually enjoyed his contribution.

jefferies

a really good episode. Altough I thought Rhyperior's appearance was a bit superflous, with piplup learning a new move and a lengthy team rocket experience he wasn't needed. Having said that the animation was the best pokemon anime i've seen in a while and for the first time for as long as i can remember I watch a piplup-based episode and didn't come away feeling disgusted at the intolerable little thing but actually enjoyed his contribution.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Not my favorite DP episode. Didn't like Gible and DM's role in this episode, it was just overkill. I liked that Piplup got some decent amount of attention, this time, even going as far as learning a new move instead of it just being a burden on the anime. I really think Hydro Pump will play a big role in Dawn's future appeal rounds at Pokemon Contests. I can see Buneary freezing those large jets of water easily to make the perfect appeal. Glad there was something to distract from Piplup if only temporarily (Rhyperior). Grotle was seen again, about time son! Anyway, a decent episode to say the least. 7/10.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Call me mean but I did not feel bad for Piplup at all after it got hit by all those Draco Meteors and no one cared. He would have never gotten hit if he remained inside his pokeball to begin with. At least the little munchkin learned a new move. The only combinations I see it working with is Mamo's Ice Shard, Buneary's Ice Beam, and possibly Cynda's Swift.

Gible on the other hand was hilarious. Now when someone says that the show has no funny stupidity just show them a pic of Gible. Due to this episode I think Gible is as young if not younger than Happiny, Cynda and Pachirisu. (Happiny & Pachirisu were the youngest at Jumping Rocket Ship) I think he is young because he is always trying to bite something so in a way it resembles a baby teething also a Gible is not suppose to know Draco Meteor until it is a Garchomp so that's a probability why he keeps failing.

Pikachu was great here, specially his reaction when Piplup was rubbing up against him crying. 8D.

Why do we keep seeing young and unimportant CotD's with such powerful pokemon. We all remember the kid with a Tyranitar in a Faux Oak Finish?

Someone should seriously get slapped for not recognizing TR in the costums. If I'm not mistaking they used those same costumes when they were Gym Decorators for the Pewter Gym andthey battled against Ash & Brock. In a way the group does see a bunch of similar faces like Nurse Joys, Officer Jennys, and the like.... so I guess the world of pokemon is filled with clones.

rocky505

Anyone notice Ash and Dawn blushing at each other in the daydream xD

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Can this AD please animate every episode of Pokemon please??!? This episode was pretty good. I liked that for once, Piplup got ****** off and retaliates. The scene where it learned Hydro Pump...damn it was possessed or something!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I love the first scene with the Grand Festival dream. This is the Piplup that I love.

Gible is so dumb. I’ve never seen so much stupidity in a pokemon. .___. It was interesting that Gible’s facial expression didn’t change while Piplup was hitting it but I loved when Piplup had the dream of everyone scolding it. There it changed expressions.

I gotta admit, this penguin is awesome this episode. I have so many screencaps to make. XD Very hilarious dreams. Loved the Rhyperior that came out of nowhere to attack it.

The Raichu trainer looks like someone. Can’t remember who…

I know it’s completely weird but I can’t help if I squeal everytime Staraptor is on the screen.:(

Lol @ Gible biting the random tree while Ash gives Staraptor orders.

Why are they scanning Rhyperior? I thought they used the Pokedex on it when Palmer appeared.

Those crying scenes were perfect. Great animation. That was hilarious. I love how everyone kept sobbing in the scene. XD

Why is Staraptor so big again? One episode is smaller than Ash and now it’s humongous. Make up your mind. >_>

OMAHGAWSH Rhyperior is back and so is Gible biting the tree. I have a feeling that if Gible battles Torterra at the league it’s just going to bite it’s tree. :(

Piplup’s face was hilarious when it found out it was Team Rocket all the time.

That’s a nice way to find Piplup… a very nice way.

LOL @ the music when Dawn reunited with Piplup. Such a dramatic scene.

It’s Seviper… and now it’s gone again. >_>

Evil Pochama is back.. with Hydro Pump. I starting to think those eyes should have been Pochama’s original eyes. Looks cool.

That was one amazing way to animate Hydro Pump. I’m impressed.

This was a better episode than I expected. So wacky. I dare to say I liked it better than last week's. *hides*

Raichu trainer looked like Gon from Hunter x Hunter or that girl wich i didnt bother remembering the name from Trainer school and from the Lickylicky episode.