1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Piplup Becomes Separated! (632)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Feb 18, 2010.

1. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

Piplup was a brat in DP sometimes but I sided with him here since he had taken so much abuse from Gible's Draco Meteor and it was no longer funny. 7/10

2. It truly wasn't funny. Also whose idea was it to write an entire episode with a plot that stems from a gag that never made any sense to begin with? Bland episode and annoying overall.

3. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Aww Piplup's dream and fantasy scenes were so cute, plus Gible biting his head was funny as well. I felt bad for Piplup's dilemma with Gible's Draco Meteor, but I liked Rhyperior's rampage scenes ha ha.

4. Moonstardust

Moonstardust Banned

It was good to see Piplup get feed up with Gible's Draco Meteor since the gag wasn't even funny at this point. Team Rocket's drawings were kawaii. :)

5. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

This episode was pretty funny and Piplup's vivid dream made me giggle. Him getting rekt by Draco Meteor was messed up and it's a bummer that Gible still didn't master Draco Meteor.

6. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

Piplup sure is prideful. This episode gave him more development other then the usual one-sided prideful jerk of a penguin. Anyone else got the romantic vibe from his fantasies?

7. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

As decent and well thought-out as this episode was, I had a problem with it. All those dramatic events and Team Rocket's profound talk would have had a bigger impact if it hadn't been Piplup who ran away, but another one of the twerps' Pokemon. And some might argue that it is Gible who's meant to be the comic relief Pokemon, but I strongly disagree. In fact, it's Piplup who's been supposed to be the comic relief element in the Sinnoh journey from the beginning.

8. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

From Piplup's fantasies of Dawn? Lol, they weren't shippy to me. I don't even want to imagine that. :p

9. DarkLeviathan

DarkLeviathan Banned

I wonder why Piplup's issues with Gible were ignored by Ash and friends. They acted as if Piplup wasn't suffering.

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Fukamaru's whole Draco Meteor training regimen had always irked me since Satoshi was too devoted to it, and this episode showed us just how unfair it was since Pochama was being hurt, yet no one cared. The fact that Fukamaru's gag was left with no consequences was always a flaw.

MockingJ likes this.
  11. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Team Rocket was funny, Dawn's Piplup was even more hilarious, and everything just seemed to work. If only they did more episodes like this. Gible being scolded by Dawn and Ash in Piplup's fantasy was funny.

MockingJ likes this.
  12. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Frankly, I now find it somewhat puzzling that Pochama learned Hydro Pump here since Shinou was close to wrapping up, meaning that Pochama hardly got a chance to make good use of his new attack.

MockingJ likes this.
  13. Scorbunnie

Scorbunnie Well-Known Member

Ash, Brock and Dawn were so dim about why Piplup fled. It was clear that he was sick of Gible's Draco Meteor but the trainers acted like they didn't know why he ran away.