• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times! (747)

I'm loving all these comments about we've missed her dub voice. I remember Dawn getting a lot of hate for her voice, but seeing these comments make me really happy. She's got such a distinct voice and Emily Beaur is a very talented voice actress who deserves a lot of credit. Dawn's dub voice is very soothing for me as its a voice I heard a lot when I went through bad times and hearing it once again after so long, well.......I'm over the moon!

Emily Bauer has always been top-notch for TPCi's dub...literally the only reason I did not quit the show is because of her VA work for Dawn. It sounds natural and it fits the character. That's something most of TPCi's voice actors sadly don't pull off for me, but Bauer is one of the exceptions.

Emily Bauer has always been top-notch for TPCi's dub...literally the only reason I did not quit the show is because of her VA work for Dawn. It sounds natural and it fits the character. That's something most of TPCi's voice actors sadly don't pull off for me, but Bauer is one of the exceptions.

It can't be just her. Stop your bias with TPCI since you never bring them up.

matt0044

Emily's a neat VA. She does a nice Shinobu from Ninja Nonsense as well.

It can't be just her. Stop your bias with TPCI since you never bring them up.

Well it's just my opinion lol. It's fine. Not like I said anyone was bad or anything, I just feel that way about the current dub, and that's all I wanted to say lol.

Nothing I say is fact about the VA switch when it comes to voice acting quality. It's all completely subjective on both ends, whether one favors 4Kids or favors TPCi. :)

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
I loved mamoswine's reaction. He was always the best non piplup member of dawns team.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm loving all these comments about we've missed her dub voice. I remember Dawn getting a lot of hate for her voice, but seeing these comments make me really happy. She's got such a distinct voice and Emily Beaur is a very talented voice actress who deserves a lot of credit. Dawn's dub voice is very soothing for me as its a voice I heard a lot when I went through bad times and hearing it once again after so long, well.......I'm over the moon!

I don't recall people complaining about Dawn's dub voice when DP was airing, and I was here throughout the entire run of its dub.

In fact when DP first started I remember everyone agreeing that both Dawn and Paul got very good voices that suited their characters. Paul especially has one of my favorite dub voices under the PUSA dub.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I don't recall people complaining about Dawn's dub voice when DP was airing, and I was here throughout the entire run of its dub.

In fact when DP first started I remember everyone agreeing that both Dawn and Paul got very good voices that suited their characters. Paul especially has one of my favorite dub voices under the PUSA dub.
Really, I wasn't on the forum at the start of DP. But on youtube, that's all I used to see was Dawn getting hate for her voice. But it really suits her!

Why change a normal name as Jeremy in the first place?

You follow this show, names get changed 80% of the time. Not that big of a deal.

cg19293

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Especially all the references such as Piplup's counter shield and Ash noticing that cyndaquil evolved. Also I liked how Iris told Ash to dex Piplup

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Why change a normal name as Jeremy in the first place?

Most likely due to legal issues they may have for some silly reason

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Especially all the references such as Piplup's counter shield and Ash noticing that cyndaquil evolved. Also I liked how Iris told Ash to dex Piplup

That was the smartest thing Ash have done in this series. Instead of him doing it, if a character wants to know about a Pokemon, they can use Ash's pokedex temporarily to get information istead of him doing it when he knows about it. Makes him look less dumb.

P.S. Hero, before you go all DBZ on me, I was just making an observation. I'm done discussing it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Really, I wasn't on the forum at the start of DP. But on youtube, that's all I used to see was Dawn getting hate for her voice. But it really suits her!

Remember, youtube is usually filled with nostalgic fanboys who hate anything from what they consider the, "newer" seasons.

Those are people who probably haven't watched much of the show since the middle of Johto and just base everything they know from later seasons based on a few clips or random eps they saw.

matt0044

Most likely due to legal issues they may have for some silly reason

Jeremy Jervis would've been nice.

Also this episode makes me question Ash's reset even further. How could he have never remembered the counter shield until Dawn did it here?

Last edited:
Jeremy Jervis would've been nice.

Also this episode makes me question Ash's reset even further. How could he have never remembered the counter shield until Dawn did it here?

There has and never been a reset. Just another one of those stupid theories people crop up, like the coma one.