• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times! (747)

matt0044

There has and never been a reset. Just another one of those stupid theories people crop up, like the coma one.

By reset, I mean how Ash's battle smarts are radically different. I don't mean there really was one but it seems like Ash doesn't know this or that or is significantly dumber because, say it with me, the plot says so.

By reset, I mean how Ash's battle smarts are radically different. I don't mean there really was one but it seems like Ash doesn't know this or that or is significantly dumber because, say it with me, the plot says so.

Why does it matter? Don't let it get to you how he acts.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
And so ends the advertising of only Unova Pokemon... (Finally) And as I mentioned earlier... Piplup and Oshawatt will be like to pees in a pod! :D

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A very nice meet and greet and I thoroughly enjoyed Dawn's re-introduction it just reminds me how much I enjoyed the DP series. This episode has some great comedy moments and I hope they continue. I'm looking forward to see Dawn's non-unova pokemon being used and being introduced to even more in the wild. Dawn and Cilan's battle was great to see as Dawn was battling like a contest as Cilan was just battling, it was wonderful.

Anyway, looking forward to see how Dawn is used. So on to the next one!

I don't recall people complaining about Dawn's dub voice when DP was airing, and I was here throughout the entire run of its dub.

In fact when DP first started I remember everyone agreeing that both Dawn and Paul got very good voices that suited their characters. Paul especially has one of my favorite dub voices under the PUSA dub.

TPCi does relatively good for most voices for newer characters, with a few exceptions. Some I don't like they have are Iris (who I initially thought was good but then Eileen started overacting 24/7 and it's become obnoxious), Stephan (I swear I except so much more from Darren "Maximillion Pegasus" Dunstan- what a weak performance from him here), and Georgia (god I hate this dub voice-- it couldn't have been worse for Langley). It's all opinion, though.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I love how Dawn stomps in and uses counter-shield, and Ash recognizes it. Why don't use keep using it, dude?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I love how Dawn stomps in and uses counter-shield, and Ash recognizes it. Why don't use keep using it, dude?

That is Dawn's signature move that she created. I rather have Ash come up with his own technics instead of using other trainers.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
That is Dawn's signature move that she created. I rather have Ash come up with his own technics instead of using other trainers.

Technically Ash made it an "official move" just like Buizel's Ice Aqua Jet. It took his touch to get it working.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Only good part of this episode was Ash remembering Counter Shield even though he's too stupid to actually use it lol.

Only good part of this episode was Ash remembering Counter Shield even though he's too stupid to actually use it lol.

Ash is not stupid just because he didn't do what he did in Sinnoh. Man that saga made people worse.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was quite good. Very nice to see Dawn again and I was entertained by Oshowott and Piplup fighting over Meloetta.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I agree that he won't be successful because he's dumb. :snowlax:

That's not true. Just because he doesn't use an old technic doesn't mean he'll become master. He'll probably will think of some other move so that people can shut up about things that not a big deal.

Battra

Decent reintroduction for Dawn, thoroughly enjoyed seeing her and her Pokemon again. Disappointing that we're no longer going to be seeing just Unova Pokemon, would've liked a better explanation then what we were given as to why other region Pokemon appear in Eastern Unova & not Western Unova, but I guess the writers and the animation team got tired of Unova Pokemon & we've got a new game to promote.

halloweenghost

Glad to see dawn return,.. theydid a good job with it. Wish she woudl have asked about Brock,..but oh well :p

Man I love Oshawott LOL I love seeing him getting into fights.. and now with piplup is awesome. I also love hearing Meloetta sing...

ChrisTheRed

This might have been mentioned already but can someone please explain how the voice actors messed up rattata? Ra-tata? the hell is wrong with them? Is 4kids still destroying everything we love?

This might have been mentioned already but can someone please explain how the voice actors messed up rattata? Ra-tata? the hell is wrong with them? Is 4kids still destroying everything we love?

It'd be TPCi "destroying everything people love for this anime." They've had the anime since Season 9 way back in September 2006, and to date it is still looked upon as worse than the 4Kids dub by most fans of the English version. So yeah, if you dislike the current voice actors, pronunciations, dialogue, etc. you'd be saying TPCi is to blame. Most would agree with you on this one, actually, including myself. But some also disagree and feel the dubbing is better off with TPCi than it was with 4Kids. I prefer 4Kids for this anime, personally.

Last edited: