• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times! (747)

NPT

Just a member
Whoa, this thread is supposed to be about "Piplup, Pansage and a Meeting of Times"..... and people were discussing about TPCI and 4kids voice actors here....*faceplam*.

Anyways, Ash, Cilan, Iris and Cynthia finally arrived at Undela Town. It's cool that Ash knows what a Staryu and Rattata is, it would be stupid if dexed them. Meloetta joining Ash was nice too, they sure has a good bond. I liked the part where Dawn was playing around with Ash, it funny when Ash said "Who's that?" and turned around.....only to be get surprised after seeing Dawn. It's great to see them High fiving after so long.
I'm glad that the writers rememberd about Buneary's crush on Pikachu, Oshawott's reaction to Buneary and Pikachu was funny. Both Oshawott and Piplup were crushing on Meloetta, I liked how they were started a rivalry and Oshawott hurt Piplup in anger.
It's the first time when Ash actually scolded Oshawott for his behaviour, I guess Ash was doing it for the sake of his reunion with Dawn.
Dawn and Cilan's battle was cool, I liked how Dawn used her contest tatics in the battle.
It's good that TPCI kept Meloetta's original song is this episode, the dub vesion of Melotta's song is bad.
Overall, this was a great episode....I enjoyed watching it.

Last edited:
That one look Piplup gave Oshawott was just priceless! :)
Pardon the phrase, but Oshawott is like a horny teenager.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Dawn was waiting at Cynthia's villa, plus Oshawott liking Buneary was cute ha ha. Piplup and Oshawott fighting over Meloetta was amusing too and I liked how Team Rocket was spying the whole time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm still not sure why Hikari was needed here. I liked her as much as anyone, but her coming to Isshu made little sense since Isshu didn't even have Pokemon Contests. I liked when we saw Hikari's Pokemon meeting Satoshi's new Pokemon however, as well as when we saw Pochama and Mijumaru's new rivalry.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, I loved seeing Dawn interact with Iris and especially Cilan, as well as Cynthia and Ash once again. And I'm glad the Counter Shield made a return: it's such an awesome combination technique. I've missed Contest battles so much and seeing that glimpse of them again was fabulous.~

Alloutℯ

Banned
Good episode to showcase Meloetta, but I find it odd that neither Ash nor Dawn looked up Meloetta in the Dex in this episode, but I suppose due to it's mythical status it might not even have an entry.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Shirona's new outfit made her look too plain in my view, although I suppose that the mere fact that she appeared in Isshu was a good thing since she could've just been forgotten.

Daizy

I call you honey
It wasn't exactly the most thrilling episode, but all the Pokemon interactions were quite funny. Loved the Ash/Dawn antics, Pikachu and Buneary reunited, even Piplup and Pachirisu screwing around with Oshawott amused me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I'm somewhat bothered that Hikari's Mimirol's crush on Satoshi's Pikachu was still shown here given that their time apart should've ended that silly gag.

Didn't Meloetta's Song play during the Kiss?
Edit: It did! The dazzling version of the relic one! ❤️

Last edited:
YAY DAWN!!!!
MAMMOSWINE!!!!!!
THAT PIPLUP AND OSHAWOTT SCENE HAD ME DIEING

RafaSceptile

I'm still not sure why Hikari was needed here. I liked her as much as anyone, but her coming to Isshu made little sense since Isshu didn't even have Pokemon Contests. I liked when we saw Hikari's Pokemon meeting Satoshi's new Pokemon however, as well as when we saw Pochama and Mijumaru's new rivalry.
Sorry for answering this more than 2 years later, but this is the reason why I like May's return more than Misty or Dawn's return, because she at least had a reason to travel to the current region, and don't feel so random.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Thinking back at it. I’m so happy Dawn got a full eight episodes of return episodes. She got to battle the three of them, compete in a tournament, vibe with group, build individual dynamics with the group, compete in a tournament and offer advice to her predecessor like May did.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Thinking back at it. I’m so happy Dawn got a full eight episodes of return episodes. She got to battle the three of them, compete in a tournament, vibe with group, build individual dynamics with the group, compete in a tournament and offer advice to her predecessor like May did.
I'm not, her return could have been handled way better.