• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pirates, Ninjas, Vampires, Werewolves, etc..

Recently in the film industry and tv networks, there has been a lot of things made about Pirates, Ninjas, Vampires, Werewolves and all that sutff. I have never been into any of these to be honest but I think that with the exception of Pirates (maybe) that these should be given a rest for a good few years.

With the Twilight franchise becoming hyped, I have to say never found Vampires or Werewolves kool or terribly interesting. I always thought that they should be reserved for horror stories and such, and I understand that it is up to creators and writers, etc to make stories about whatever they want but to be honest I'm sick of hearing about friggin Vampires and Werewolves. They just aren't that kool (to me, anyway. Everyone is different).

There is also the whole debate about how awesome Ninjas are (that they can't be killed and all this other crap) and how Pirates are kool, this again to me has gotten a little out of hand. I think Pirates are okay but like I said, some things need to be left alone for a while.

Note: This is just my opinion, I have as much right to say as anyone else, I just love to rant :) You can agree or disagree with me but just remember that neither I or you are right about anything. For example: I say Vampires and Werewolves should be left alone for half a decade but someone else says I'm wrong - no proof.

In short: Just state your opinion.

Fantasyfan45

Professional Pirate
Yeah, I totally agree. I'm REALLY tired of the whole Vampire/Werewolf thing. They are really everywhere and I agree to the fact that they should really only be in horror movies where they belong. I mean seriously... Vampires don't sparkle! They are scary and are suppose to suck your blood! Not be in romantic love books... I really dislake the attention Twilights getting. So yes, I would LOVE if all this whole hype would die already.
As for ninjas there ok, they are really random though and don't really catch my interest at all.
But I have to say, I LOVE pirates. Ever since I started to get hooked on Pirates of the Caribbean I really have started to like pirates. The history of them have really started to catch my eye. And in my opinon Pirates don't have never really gotten the lime light that these Vampires are getting now. Out of all of them Pirates are the best.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
not a fan of twilight, but they woman who wrote it did good. but i like those kind of movies(not twilight-like) so im glad stuff focusses on them

hevver

Heart of Darkness
The globe is moving onto a more "fantasy" filled-type of entertainment.
I try to deter away from those popular franchises because they can get
really tiring if you see them everywhere.

granbull guy

Vasoline
I like Vampires but hate werewolves and ninja's pirates are okay.

granbull guy

Vasoline
Samaries are cool but ninja are starting to annoye me.

megacool8

ZOMG A COOKIE!!
lol what if?? they made a romantic comedy about a ninja pirate vampire fighting off an empire of werewolfs

granbull guy

Vasoline
Id probably rent that movie on paperveiw XD

megacool8

ZOMG A COOKIE!!
lol if that isnt made in the next 20 years im gonna make it

granbull guy

Vasoline
And I would say-I knew the guy who made that movie i met him on Serebii!

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
Good Pirate Shows/ Movies/ Books/ etc.: Pirates of the Carribean, the RPG I'm in right now...
Vampires: I try to watch Rosario+Vampire as much as I can, but I hate tWHYlight.
Ninjas: Naruto is pretty much the only thing that got me into them, but that has died down.
Werewolves: Don't see many of those today...

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Let the Right One In got a Vampire/Human Romance right. To bad it's overshadowed by that POS. I like Fantasy being but they are Really screwing them up lately.

If a Movie/book about Pirate Krakkens which beat eachother up with flaming Gituars and fighting off a band of evil Ninja&Pirate Amazons who are being controlled By a Vampire&Gargoyle Werewolf and the last battle with said evil is fought with Lightning Butterknifes hasn't been created in the next 5 years then I'll be damned. If It is then my life will be complete.

Also. VG Cats has mad a brilliant comic about girls and vampires. If my interent BB data wasn't use up to the max I would of linked it.