• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Excellent chapter. I swear I could hear Pirates of the Caribbean music playing during that fight scene.

"Captain, if I'm correct, that volcano indicates that we are in the Cinnabar area. I've heard tales of a secret Rare Candy stash. Enough to boost a Pokemon's strength threefold or more! What say we give it a look?" He began rubbing his sickles together. "I can just feel that extra power coursing through me now."

Cinnabar Island? A secret known for producing ultra-strong Pokémon? Does... does this refer to what I think it refers to? ;000;

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
Well, well, well. I seems the tables have turned in Jack's favor, for now at least.

Wonderful fight scene, its about time Jack and the others got a break.

Now we know what happened to Phantom, but what of Barbossa and Jack the monkey? I don't want my favorite villain to drown.

Cinnabar island, hmmmmm. Volcanos, lava... If Kyogre is somehow in the Kanto area, then wouldn't it's rival be there too?
Will Cinnabar reveal more secrets then rare candy hoards? CoughGroudonCough...

Anyways, great chapter. Great cliffhanger. Your writing skill astounds me.

'Til next time,

Knightfall signing off...;005;

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
I noticed quite a few typos here, especially in “Tajiri”. I understand, there are three similar looking letters there, so it’s easy to misspell it.

Yeaaaah not my best chapter when it comes to spelling lol. That was likely a result of me using a different keyboard than I'm used to. I'll be back to my old one next chapter and I'll hopefully proof read better. Thanks for catching the mistakes, I edited and fixed them.

Nice cliffhanger.

I’m very curious to see what will follow.

Thank you!

Excellent chapter. I swear I could hear Pirates of the Caribbean music playing during that fight scene.

Next to Star Wars and Indiana Jones it is my favorite movie theme so I consider that a high compliment. Thanks!

Cinnabar Island? A secret known for producing ultra-strong Pokémon? Does... does this refer to what I think it refers to?

Maaaaaybe... lol ;)

Wonderful fight scene, its about time Jack and the others got a break.

It sure is. They've been through a lot lately.

Now we know what happened to Phantom, but what of Barbossa and Jack the monkey? I don't want my favorite villain to drown.

With or without the stolen medallion from the first movie, it seems impossible to kill Barbossa. He's my favorite villain too so I would never let that happen.

Cinnabar island, hmmmmm. Volcanos, lava... If Kyogre is somehow in the Kanto area, then wouldn't it's rival be there too?
Will Cinnabar reveal more secrets then rare candy hoards? CoughGroudonCough...

You guys are good at catching and predicting my foreshadowing!

Anyways, great chapter. Great cliffhanger. Your writing skill astounds me.

Thank you very much!

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Wow, awesome! Sorry I haven't been on in a while- I tried using my IPod but it kept on failing on me. '-_-
Jack has his wonderful Pearl back and the Phantom is after Rare Candies. That's weird for a practically immortal pirate captain who is friends with a shellfish to want sweets. Or is that just me?
About Jack catching a Pokemon, I vote Zorua. I think you know why.

Last edited:

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Wow, awesome! Sorry I haven't been on in a while- I tried using my IPod but it kept on failing on me. '-_-

That's quite alright!

Jack has his wonderful Pearl back and the Phantom is after Rare Candies. That's weird for a practically immortal pirate captain who is friends with a shellfish to want sweets. Or is that just me?

These sweets are kind of like the Pokemon-world version of steroids though lol.

About Jack catching a Pokemon, I vote Zorua. I think you know why

Lol cause you like darkies? I'm still trying to figure out whether to give Jack a Pokemon or not.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Enjoy Chapter 10! Moonlight Absol, I have a feeling you will especially enjoy this one ;)

Chapter 10

Gibbs as well as many of the other crew members on the Black Pearl embraced their captain and Angelica. The two were in a fantastic mood but one would never know it just by looking at how dirty and beat up they were. “I must know. How did you two escape?” Gibbs inquired.

“We were able to swim to an island that was unfortunately deserted,” Angelica explained.

“You have a knack for ending up in that situation, don’t you, Captain?” Gibbs commented.

Angelica rolled her eyes. “And he’s not the only one. Anyway, we searched through the forest for hours until we came across this gigantic monster. We threw the Pokeball at it and almost captured it but it came out and tried to kill us.”

“What did this beast look like?” Tajiri asked.

“Twelve feet tall, trees on its back, dots on its face, if one could call it a face, and a very bad temper,” Jack described.

Tajiri rubbed his chin for a moment as he scanned the list in his head of Pokemon he knew. He then snapped his fingers. “Regigigas. That’s what it had to be. There’s only known to be about one or two in existence! How in the world did you find such a rare Pokemon?!”

Jack shrugged his shoulders. “We just stumbled upon it. Literally stumbled upon it as a matter of fact.”

“You guys tried catching it? Did you at least try to weaken it at first?” Tajiri asked.

“No because someone had to rush into things,” Angelica said as she glanced at Jack. “We were able to escape it by wrapping vines around its legs and tripping it up. Jack used his compass to get us out of the forest.”

“And that’s when daddy came to the rescue!” Jack concluded. “That’s who is following us in his ship at the moment.”

“Fascinating story,” Gibbs said.

“The story gets better” Jack said. “As it turns out, Angelica and I are expecting to…” He was interrupted by Angelica stepping on his foot. “What?” he asked.

“Don’t tell them yet,” she subtly mouthed to Jack.

Jack looked back at Gibbs and Tajiri, who were curiously waiting for him to finish his sentence. Jack then smiled as he thought of something to say. “We were expecting the fight to get the Pearl back to be a lot more difficult. But it wasn’t! Huzzah!”

Gibbs gave Jack a strange look. “Oookay, then. We’re just glad you two are safe. Welcome back.”

“Thank you, Mr. Gibbs,” Angelica said. She began walking to one of the main rooms on the top floor of the ship. “I need to get myself into a new outfit. This one is far too filthy for my liking. No bueno.”

Jack sniffed the sleeves of his outfit which was equally dirty. “I don’t see the problem. My outfit’s fine,” he said. “Go on ahead, then.”

In the lower floor of the ship, Pintel, Ragetti, and Scyther were all sitting in their hammocks. Scyther had his head down and was rubbing the side of it. He had a headache and was very confused. “Don’t know what now? Say please it again?” he asked.

“Alright,” Ragetti said as his glass eye rolled around in his eye socket. “You can do this, mate. Repeat after me: Hello, my name is Scyther.”

Scyther looked up and was concentrating hard. “Hello, name of mine Scyther.”

Pintel smacked Ragetti’s shoulder. “Ya gotta go a little bit slower for him. Try saying it in parts. Hello.”

“Hello,” Scyther repeated.

“My name.”

“My name.”

“Is Scyther.”

“Is Scyther.”

Pintel and Ragetti smiled. “There ya go, mate. Now put it together,” Ragetti encouraged.

“Hello, my name is Scyther,” Scyther said.

“There it is!” Pintel and Ragetti said in unison. Ragetti reached out for a high five and Scyther obliged. Unfortunately, his sharp hand cut Ragetti. “Yow!”

“Sorry!” Scyther said. “So sorry!”

Ragetti licked his hand, which didn’t look as bad as he originally thought. “It’s alright,” he said.

“I guess we need to find a new way to celebrate,” Pintel said. “Anyway, we’ve worked on greetings. Next we should work on declarations. Something like: ‘Watch out before I slice you up ya landlubbin’ scallywag!’”

Scyther looked even more confused. “What?”

“Gibbs knows the King’s English a bit better than we do,” Ragetti said as he popped his glass eye out and began cleaning it. “Maybe he should work with him.”

“Maybe he should work with anyone but you two,” a random crew member said as he passed by.

“Aw, come on!” Pintel said as he threw his hands in the air. “We ain’t been that bad at teachin’, have we Scyther?”

Scyther shook his head. “No. Appreciate help of you. Hello, my name is Scyther!”

-----

The Black Pearl went ashore near the largest area of civilization in Cinnabar Island. Hundreds of ships and workers were on the shores and docks as many of the richer folk went off to the taverns to enjoy themselves. Cinnabar Island had more buildings than any city Jack had ever seen including Port Royal and Spain. The crew went into the closest tavern they could find. Captain Teague and his men followed close behind.

Jack sat with Angelica, Teague, Tajiri and Gibbs sat together while the rest of the crew was separated into different tables. Scrum went off with his guitar to many different women hoping he could impress at least one of them with his songs.

“So Jackie, I saw you dueling against Barbossa and was quite impressed,” Teague commented before taking a gulp of his drink.

Jack adjusted his hat and smiled. “Thanks, Dad. It felt good being able to know he was watching me sail away with the Pearl. He’s made me do that to him thrice now. I’m just glad I have my superior sword-fighting ability.”

Teague chuckled. “You were great son, but don’t get ahead of yourself. You were still a bit sloppy. Especially your footwork. Why, even at my old age I could’ve wasted that one-legged man in half the time you did.” This comment drew smirks from Angelica, Gibbs, and Tajiri.

“Is that so?” Jack raised his eyebrows with interest and motioned towards one of the vacant storage rooms inside the tavern. “What say I prove my old man wrong? I’ll be the one teaching you a lesson. You’ll be surprised.”

Teague smiled as he banged his glass against Jack’s and they simultaneously took a long drink. “Yer on!”

Jack and Teague grabbed their swords and went off, leaving the three remaining at the table.

“So Tajiri,” Angelica said. “You know a lot about Pokemon, correct? Was that the infamous Kyogre that we just finished battling?”

Tajiri stiffened a bit at the question but realized that he never told her the story about his brother. He only told Jack. “Yes, that was Kyogre. Many say whoever catches it can rule the seas. That is Phantom’s goal.”

“Does that make it the most powerful Pokemon in the world?” Gibbs asked.

Tajri shook his head. “I don’t know but I wouldn't place a wager on it. I have heard many tales of a Pokemon that possesses power equal to and possibly greater than Kyogre’s. I have never seen it with my own eyes. I know from the stories I have heard that there is one that it rules over land the same way Kyogre rules over the sea.

“Pokemon ruling over the land and sea,” Angelica repeated as she tried imagining another being that could possibly have as much power as Kyogre.

“I wish I could tell you more but that’s all I know,” Tajiri said.

The group looked over when they heard a loud smacking noise. Scrum was rubbing his right cheek as a young woman stood up and quickly walked away from him. He shook his head as he walked over and sat at the table with them. “All I tried to do was play a song for her,” he moped. “She didn’t have to go and slap me.”

“It’s all right, mate,” Gibbs said. “You know how many women have slapped Captain Jack?”

“Or punched in the nose?” Angelica added.

“I know, I know, but Jack still finds a way to smooth talk women and I just can’t seem to,” Scrum said. He looked at Angelica. “Would you mind helping me out? I need a woman’s perspective.”

Gibbs stood up and began moving to another table. “Think I’ll just stay out of this one,” he said.

“Me too,” Tajiri said as he followed Gibbs close behind.

Angelica gave the two a look that said, “Please don’t leave me alone!” and then looked into Scrum’s pleading eyes. “So, what do you want to know?” she reluctantly asked.

“Well, what can I do to make myself a more desirable man?” Scrum asked.

Angelica tapped her fingers on the tables. She was trying desperately to think of something to say. “Well… I’d say just to act the way you normally would. You want a woman to like you for yourself, not because you act like someone different.”

“Yeah, but that ain’t been working,” Scrum responded.

“So? Don’t worry about it. You’ll find a woman eventually. Be patient.”

“But you didn’t answer my question. How can I get more women to like me?”

Angelica planted her forehead into her hands. “Ay, ay, ay. I’m getting nowhere with you.”

-----

“Try not to cross your legs too much when you parry,” Teague said.

“I’m just fine,” Jack responded. His dad swung at him with his sword from the right side and he twisted his body and blocked it. Jack then thrusted his sword forward. Soft enough not to risk hurting anyone but hard enough to try and impress his dad.

“That was better,” Teague said. “Let’s spar for real now.”

The two dreadlocked pirates crossed blades in a friendly sparring match. While the two were enjoying the father-son time, they were also trying to outdo one another. Jack twirled his sword around in a circle as a distraction before coming in towards the hands to try and knock the weapon out of his father’s hand. Teague took a step back and stuck his blade into the ground. He then stepped one foot onto the handle that was sticking up and used the leverage to flip over Jack’s head. Jack stood confused for a moment as Teague kicked Jack’s sword upward from out of his hand. Teague caught the sword and held it up at a defenseless Jack.

Jack’s eyes widened and he held his hands out. “Uhh, how old are you again?”

Teague laughed as he straightened his back. “Maybe that wasn’t too good for my body. Hope I didn’t hurt any muscles. Told ya there was still somethin’ you could learn from your old man. Just try working on that move, alright?”

“You got it,” Jack confirmed.

“Me and my men gotta head out now but it was nice seein’ you, Jackie. Until next time,” Teague said as he patted Jack on the shoulder and left the room.

Jack picked his sword up and waved it around in the air. While he would never admit it out loud, his sword fighting could use more practice and his father did know a lot more than him. “Crafty move, that is,” Jack said as he was still thinking about the flip technique that Teague showed him. He stuck his sword in the ground and took a running start. He stepped one foot on the handle of the sword and started doing a front flip. He didn’t put enough into it, however, as he landed on his back. “Bugger!” he said as he sat up and rubbed his back.

After more practice by himself, Jack decided to take a break. He brought a bottle of rum and a bowl of fruit into the room with him. He wanted to eat by himself for now as he wasn’t in the mood for all the noise in the other room at the moment. He went to grab an apple but it seemingly disappeared in front of his eyes. All he grabbed was air. He stood back curiously. “Hm?” Jack reached his hand for another piece of fruit but that one disappeared before he could take it as well. This time Jack swore he could see something swipe it and run. “Are there rats in here?” He stood up and looked around the room for the culprit. “Where are you, you little git? Nevermind, I’ll just go for some rum.”

Jack heard a slurping noise behind him and realized his rum was being stolen. “Hey!” He quickly ran to the bottle and it fell over with the remains spilling onto the ground. “Alright, who’s doing this? Come on out, don’t be a coward!” Suddenly, Gibbs walked into the center of the room. He couldn’t walk straight and he looked sleepy. “Gibbs, what gives you the right to get drunk on my rum!” Jack scolded. Gibbs didn’t respond. Instead, he transformed into Tajiri and then into Angelica within a matter of ten seconds. Jack stepped backward and put his hand on his head. “Perhaps I’m the one who’s bloody drunk.”

Angelica then transformed into a petite fox with black and red fur. It weakly howled, “Zooor!”

“Are you one of those Pokemon?” Jack wondered aloud. He took out another one of the Pokeballs that Tajiri gave him. “I’ll teach you to steal my rum!” he said as he flung the ball at the fox. A red light engulfed it as it was transported inside. The ball shook on the ground for a few seconds before stopping. Jack was still mad at the creature, but he couldn’t help smiling when he picked up the Pokeball. “Finally got me one!”

Jack walked back into the tavern towards his crew as he proudly held his new prize in the air. “I am the very best!” he declared. “Caught me a Pokemon all by myself!”

Tajiri and the rest of the crew gathered around. “Really?” asked a genuinely surprised Tajiri. “Let’s see it!” Jack released his new Pokemon. The fox was still feeling the effects of the rum as it was having trouble staying on its feet. “That’s a Zorua!” Tajiri said enthusiastically. “I must say I’m very jealous at how you keep coming across these rare Pokemon, Jack.”

Jack shrugged his shoulders. “Sure,” he said. He couldn’t tell which ones were rare and which weren’t.

“So what status effect did you use on it to capture it?” Tajiri inquired. “Paralysis? Confusion? Sleep?”

Jack shook his head. “Drunkenness,” he answered. “A creature so small wasn’t meant to drink an entire bottle of rum.”

“So what does it do?” Angelica said, happy that there was a distraction to her awkward conversation with Scrum.

Jack lifted his finger in the air like he was going to say something intelligent but then stopped. “Hmm…” he said as he thought. “Well it did make itself look like you. Gibbs and Tajiri, as well.”

“That’s right,” Tajiri said. “Zorua’s power is illusion. It can make itself look like whatever it wants. Can be very useful for battle and trickery.”

Jack pointed at Tajiri. “Yes, what he said! What would we do without you, Tajiri?”

“Are you gonna call it Zorua or give it a nickname?” Tajiri asked.

“I’m quite fond of the name Penelope,” Angelica offered.

“No, no,” Jack said. “I’m not quite sure the gender so I think I’ll just stick with Zorua. I like the sound of that name, anyway.” Zorua walked over to Raichu, who hopped on the ground to size itself up. Zorua’s body flashed a dark color and it morphed into an exact replica of Raichu. The rodent Pokemon jumped back in shock and quickly climbed back on its master’s shoulder. Zorua snickered as it changed back into its original form. “I think I’m gonna like this little fellow,” Jack said. He patted himself on the shoulder. “Alright Zorua, up here!” he ordered.

Zorua turned its head and it walked around a little more as its legs wobbled. “Perhaps you should give it some time to sober up,” Gibbs said.

“Aye, don’t feel bad,” Tajiri said. “It usually takes a while for a Pokemon to warm up to its new master.”

Jack nodded his head and held his Pokeball up towards Zorua, transporting it back into the ball. He then stuck Zorua’s ball into his pocket. “Well, since my new Pokemon stole my first drink I’d better go get another!” he said as he walked towards where they were serving the drinks.

Pintel, Ragetti, and Scyther all sat at a table and watched the crowd gather around Jack. “Look at him,” Pintel said. “Jack got his fox, you got your dumb fish. When do I get a Pokemon?”

“What do you think I am?” Scyther asked.

“Well, you’re different, my friend,” Pintel explained. “You’re like one of us. Your speaking sounds a lot better. Me, Ragetti, and Mr. Gibbs done good for you, eh?”

“You should say: ‘Ragetti, Mr. Gibbs, and I did well,’” Scyther corrected.

Ragetti laughed. “Looks like he’s the one who should be teaching you!”

Pintel grunted and took a sip of rum. “Eh, who cares about all that grammar nonsense anyway?”

-----

Barbossa was drenched, beat up, and exhausted. In one day he went from being the captain of the grandest ship in the sea to the captain of a small rowboat. His only crew member was Jack the monkey. He felt his aching arms pulsating as they did everything they could to keep the boat rowing. Barbossa’s only consolation came from Jack the monkey and from humming his favorite tune. “Dundundundun and really bad eggs…” He tried remembering the words. “Drink up me hearties, yo ho,” he finished as he removed his pegleg bottle and took the last sip of rum that it contained.

Jack was perched on Barbossa’s shoulder, desperately looking for any sign of land. All the two saw for miles was water. “Not to worry, Jack,” Barbossa said, sensing the primate’s concern. “When Jack shot me at Isle de Muerta I was still able to come back and captain the Pearl once more. We’ve been through worse than this. We’ll be at the helm of the Pearl soon enough.”

Last edited:

Blue Astra

Icy blue
Nice chapter, I really enjoyed it. The scene with Scyther learning how to speak and the one with Zorua were quite funny. I wonder if Teague will appear again… And I’m really curious to see how they will meet Kyogre once more. And all this *cough*random*cough* references about Groudon… I feel an epic battle is on the way. And wonder where will Barbossa end up and what the other villain duo is doing… No repetitions (yay!), but:

“You guys tried catching it? Did you at least try to weaken it at first?” Tajri asked.

Tajri shook his head.
Yeah, Tajiri again.

Now to other quotes…

“Twelve feet tall, trees on its back, dots on its face, if one could call it a face, and a very bad temper,” Jack described.
Should be in the Pokedex entry

Jack and Teague grabbed their swords and went off, leaving (the) three remaining at the table.
I think it’s better with “the” there…

Gibbs stood up and began moving to another table. “Think I’ll just stay out of this one,” he said.

“Me too,” Tajiri said as he followed Gibbs close behind.

Angelica gave the two a look that said, “Please don’t leave me alone!” and then looked into Scrum’s pleading eyes. “So, what do you want to know?” she reluctantly asked.
Poor Scrum

Angelica then transformed into a petite fox with black and red fur. It weakly howled, “Zooor!”
Yay, Zorua! Hurray to Moonlight Absol for the idea! I love the little creature. :570:

Scyther shook his head. “No. Appreciate help of you. Hello, my name is Scyther!”

“You should say: ‘Ragetti, Mr. Gibbs, and I did well,’” Scyther corrected.

The transformation of Scyther

Again, nice cliffhanger. Man, I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Keep it up.

~Truthfully yours~

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
EDIT: 100th post here on Serebii! Also, RANNNNK UP!

Back again!

Liked this chapter a lot. Quite a bit happening, in such a short space of time.

I agree with Blue Astra: Hurrary for Moonlight Absol!

I'm thinking that I'm going to like Zoura, and it's a perfect fit for Jack.

It seems like we got the Groudon reference in the chapter, wonder what they'll do with the information, because if I know the laws of the workings of this fic as well as I think I do, then Captain Phantom has somehow overheard that bit of information reguarding the master of the land.

I may have to go and read the last chapter again, but where did Barbossa get the row boat? I thought he was knocked off into the sea. Either way I'm glad he's still alive and evil as ever,

Anyways liked the fact that things are looking up for Scyther, can't wait to see him in action aganist Phantom's Pokemon.

So Cinnabar is like a Eastern Pacific version of Tortuga, except maybe not as wild. Gotta love that place.

Anyways I bet that its Barbossa that gets the next Pokemon, it has to be.
Its either him or Captain Teague.

And in regards to Groudon if it is not on Cinnabar then the nearest volcano would be Mt Ember on one island, I think.

Great chapter as always.

'Til next time,

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Loved the new chapter!

First, it's great to see that Jack finally caught a Pokémon. Zorua seems perfect for him.

Second, I look forward to when Ragetti's Magikarp evolves and Jack demands it back.

Third, loving the interactions between Pintel and Ragetti and Scyther.

Fourth, I'm guessing the next capture will be by Pintel, though what he'd catch I don't know. Though I'd love to see someone catch a Koffing or Weezing.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Oh. My. God. You didn't have too! I'm overjoyed now, THANK YOU!!!! I feel so proud that someone has actually appreciated and used my ideas! Zorua and Jack are going to have fun I know it...maybe Zorua will spy on Barbossa as Jack the monkey! Scyther and his wonderful English...God he's so funny!!!
If Zorua evolves into Zoroark, Jack would freak wouldn't he? That would be an eventful chapter! And what of Magikarp? Zorua vs Magikarp...I can see it now, Jack's first Pokemon battle!
Personally, I'm looking forward to some violence next...I started watching this anime called Umineko yesterday night...I couldn't sleep...very violent. I won't watch this stuff at night anymore...
Drunk Zorua-fantastic. I hope Magikarp doesn't evolve and find a few rum bottles...oh God...

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Oh. My. God. You didn't have too! I'm overjoyed now, THANK YOU!!!! I feel so proud that someone has actually appreciated and used my ideas!

And thank you for the idea! Once you mentioned it I did see Jack and Zorua as a perfect combo. Very good suggestion!

First, it's great to see that Jack finally caught a Pokémon. Zorua seems perfect for him.

Second, I look forward to when Ragetti's Magikarp evolves and Jack demands it back.

Third, loving the interactions between Pintel and Ragetti and Scyther.

Fourth, I'm guessing the next capture will be by Pintel, though what he'd catch I don't know. Though I'd love to see someone catch a Koffing or Weezing.

Thanks! There will definitely be some interesting things happening! A Koffing or Weezing could be a good idea especially since they have a skull and crossbones on them lol.

100th post here on Serebii! Also, RANNNNK UP!

*high fives* nice!

It seems like we got the Groudon reference in the chapter, wonder what they'll do with the information, because if I know the laws of the workings of this fic as well as I think I do, then Captain Phantom has somehow overheard that bit of information reguarding the master of the land.

Phantom doesn't know about Groudon but Groudon will play a factor in the story.

I may have to go and read the last chapter again, but where did Barbossa get the row boat? I thought he was knocked off into the sea. Either way I'm glad he's still alive and evil as ever,

I want to keep that a mystery for now but Barbossa is a proud man who will likely brag about how he escaped.

Great chapter as always.

Thanks!

Nice chapter, I really enjoyed it. The scene with Scyther learning how to speak and the one with Zorua were quite funny. I wonder if Teague will appear again… And I’m really curious to see how they will meet Kyogre once more. And all this *cough*random*cough* references about Groudon… I feel an epic battle is on the way. And wonder where will Barbossa end up and what the other villain duo is doing… No repetitions (yay!), but:

Thanks! And yes, plenty more epic battles to come.

Yeah, Tajiri again.

Ugh! When will I learn! lol. Thanks for catching that I fixed it.

I think it’s better with “the” there…

Gotcha. Fixed it.

I have a quick announcement. I would like to make this fic more interactive with my readers as a way to show my appreciation to everyone who is reading it. Moonlight Absol made a suggestion on who Jack should catch and I used it in the story. I am planning on giving the other main characters in the story their own Pokemon. Jack, Ragetti, Tajiri, and Phantom all have their Pokemon and I don't want to give a character more than one Pokemon. I would rather they stick with one. That leaves Pintel, Gibbs, Scrum, Barbossa, and Angelica who are without Pokemon. If you guys could make some suggestions on who you would like to see them have, go ahead and say them. I'm hoping to take at least one suggestion from every main reader. If two people suggest a Pokemon for the same character, I can always put up a poll to see who everyone else would rather see.

Let me know if you guys are up for doing this and making suggestions. If not, I can come up with the Pokemon.

Blue Astra

Icy blue
I have a quick announcement. I would like to make this fic more interactive with my readers as a way to show my appreciation to everyone who is reading it. Moonlight Absol made a suggestion on who Jack should catch and I used it in the story. I am planning on giving the other main characters in the story their own Pokemon. Jack, Ragetti, Tajiri, and Phantom all have their Pokemon and I don't want to give a character more than one Pokemon. I would rather they stick with one. That leaves Pintel, Gibbs, Scrum, Barbossa, and Angelica who are without Pokemon. If you guys could make some suggestions on who you would like to see them have, go ahead and say them. I'm hoping to take at least one suggestion from every main reader. If two people suggest a Pokemon for the same character, I can always put up a poll to see who everyone else would rather see.

Let me know if you guys are up for doing this and making suggestions. If not, I can come up with the Pokemon.

Nice idea. I’ll start then. I warn you that this is only my opinion and also that I’ll suggest many options… So beware. (Some will have – and other +)

Angelica – Delcatty-, Glameow, Purrloin, Liepard+. I think Liepard matches her character better.

Pintel – Koffing, Weezing, Buizel. (My fantasy decided to take a break with him, actually)

Gibbs – a serious talking Chatot, or a Carracosta.
(Maybe Lucario-, Mienfoo-)

Barbossa – I can’t picture Barbossa with a Pokémon without Jack the monkey getting jealous. I picture Barbossa either with a huge, strong Pokémon or a one that will serve as comic relief by “battling” for his attention with Jack.
Mankey-, Primeape-,
Feraligatr, Golem,
Aipom+ for humour (fighting with Jack),
Granbull, Ursaring,
Shiftry for looking mean,
Vigoroth, Wailord,
Rampardos, Skuntank, Weavile, Rhyperior,
Magmortar, Emboar, Boldore,
Eelektross, Mandibuzz.

Scrum – I picture him getting into a lot of trouble with his Pokémon…
Jigglypuff for singing,
Jynx,
Ludicolo for dancing,
drunken Spinda,
Gallade, Gardevoir if you want to picture him as a troubadour,
Froslass (just by the way she stands),
male Unfezant for the showing off feathers,
Scraggy, Scrafty (somehow they remind me of him, seeming a bit flabby),
Gothitelle (for some reason I thought she could have the same effect on him as a mermaid…)

So... yeah... That's it...

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

Cool!

Pintel: I second the idea that he should get a Weezing. Hell, I third, fourth, and fifth the idea!

Gibbs: I like Blue Astra's idea- a serious talking Chatot.

Scrum: EDIT: Changing my vote to Kricketune. I think Knightfall has the right idea on this one.

Barbossa: I could imagine him catching a female monkey Pokémon as a love interest for Jack (the monkey, of course). Something like Panpour or Aipom.

Angelica: Ekans springs readily to mind after seeing how she handled that one on the deserted island.

Last edited:

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith

Interesting, well let's see.

Blue Astra pretty much hit the nail on the head with most of her suggestions.

Angelica, yeah I definately see her with a Liepard, Luxray, or Perisan. They really fit her personality.

Gibbs, why mess with an already good idea. Talking Chatot sounds great.

Pintel: I see him with a Wingull, or maybe a Poochyena. Ya know for the prison dog...

Barbossa: This is a challange, because of Jack the monkey. Hmmm, I like the idea of a Panpour.

Scrum: Drunken Spinda for the win! But Kricketune would do nicely as well.

I don't know if Captain Teague will stick around enough to get one, but I'll suggest one for him anyway.

Charmander, I may be just a tad biased toward this one and his next evolution, but it's still a good choice in my opinion.

'Til later,

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Hello everyone, time for Chapter 11! Thanks to everyone who gave their suggestions, they were very good. I will do my best to determine which choices will be best based on general consensus. I would like for everyone who requested to at least get one of their requests granted. They will not all happen immediately, but will happen throughout the story as it progresses (none of them happen in this chapter). Thanks again for the support and enjoy Chapter 11!

Chapter 11

“Where are you taking us?” Phantom inquired.

Phantom and Kabutops walked through the beach in the middle of the night. They were both still exhausted and soaked from the shipwreck. Kabutops looked around the area. The stars and the moon were able to give him adequate light. “I know this place,” he said. He pointed towards the sea at a small plot of land in the distance. “Over there is where I grew up. My species is rare but there should still be a small village of Kabutops in that area. We must swim over there. It’s close enough, so we don’t need a boat or ship.”

“And how is going there going to give us the Rare Candies we need?” Phantom scoffed.

“Just trust me,” Kabutops said. He and Phantom dove into the water. “All you need to know is that the way to the village is under the island, not on it.”

Kabutops submerged into the sea and swam rapidly toward the island. Phantom dunked his body under as well and used his mighty arms to propel himself through the water. Although Kabutops was the faster swimmer due to his ability to glide, Phantom had enough sheer strength to keep up. The two quickly approached the bottom of the island, which was cached with barnacles and seaweed. Kabutops fired a Hyper Beam at the island and blasted a hole in it, creating a pathway.

Once the two were inside the island, they found a place to lift their heads above water and walk onto land. Phantom took a moment to catch his breath and let his lungs relax. “I can’t say I’ve ever been inside of an island before,” he said. “Is this village of yours much further?”

Kabutops looked around. “No,” he responded. “We need to find the Elder.”

Kabutops led Phantom through the dark pathway until they reached a lighter, more open area. They passed numerous nests and groups of Kabuto and Kabutops, who all stopped what they were doing to study the visitors. Many of them took one look at Phantom and retreated quickly into their homes. After passing through the village, they finally reached a secluded room. “The Elder lives through that doorway,” Kabutops said as he motioned towards the door.

Before they could take one more step forward, a large figure descended right in front of them with a mighty flap of the wings. Phantom pulled out his sword. “Who dares threaten me?!” he demanded.

The figure resembled a pterodactyl with skin made of stone. He had wings with razor sharp edges. He opened his gaping mouth and revealed its jagged teeth as it released an ear-shattering screech. The flying creature’s pointed tail swung back and forth as he landed on the ground with its talon-like feet. He shot his two opponents a menacing glare with his intense eyes. Phantom gripped his sword tight and prepared himself because it looked like the creature was ready to pounce on them at any moment. "I mean it!" he said. "Make one move and I'll stick this sword through you!"

"You don't scare me," the stone monster declared as he gritted his sharp teeth in order to show them off. He took a look at Kabutops and smirked. "Look who's back. It's the runt!"

Kabutops scowled. “I see you’re still running security in the village, Aerodactyl. I may have been the runt as a child but I’m one you shouldn’t underestimate. Move over, now. We need to see the Elder.”

Aerodactyl flapped his wings and began hovering in the air. “You haven’t been around here for a while, runt. How do I know I can trust you and your flesh bag friend over there?”

“The name’s Phantom!” Phantom erupted.

“Either way, I’m not letting you pass,” Aerodactyl said. “My job is to keep the Elder safe and that’s what I’m gonna do.” He let out another screech and dove headfirst at Phantom and Kabutops, who both rolled out of the way.

Aerodactyl curved towards the right at Phantom and opened his mouth wide as he quickly approached. Phantom grabbed Aerodactyl with his hands. His left hand grabbed the top of Aerodactyl’s mouth and his right hand grabbed the bottom. Phantom pushed himself forward and slammed the back of Aerodactyl onto the ground, who fired a Flamethrower from his mouth. Phantom fell backwards to dodge the attack just in time. As Aerodactyl got up to fly back in the air, Kabutops jumped on his back and soared in the air with him.

Kabutops then fired a Water Gun on the back of Aerodactyl’s head, causing him to thrash around and throw Kabutops off his back. Aerodactyl landed on the ground and laughed. “You haven’t changed a bit, you little runt!” He held up his wings. “I will slice your head off with my wings!” Aerodactyl zoomed towards Kabutops and aimed the sharp part of his left wing at his neck.

Kabutops looked back and saw Phantom with his sword still out. They both nodded simultaneously. Right before Aerodactyl was able to swing his wing at Kabutops, the shellfish Pokemon dropped to his back and sprayed Aerodactyl’s eyes with Water Gun. Aerodactyl screeched in pain and tried rubbing his eyes with his tiny arms. He didn’t see that he was headed in the direction of Phantom. Phantom gripped his enormous sword with both hands and shoved it into the shoulder of Aerodactyl. The sword stuck and Aerodactyl went crashing to the ground. Kabutops quickly stood and turned around to look. He still felt his heart pounding from the adrenaline rush he received during the fight. Aerodactyl was face first on the ground. His back was slowly raising up and down with the sword still in his shoulder. “Nice work, Captain,” Kabutops said. “Let’s go talk to the Elder, then.”

Phantom smirked as he looked down at his victim. “How is this possible?” Aerodactyl said. “How did you penetrate my skin?”

Phantom leaned down and pulled his sword out, drawing blood from Aerodactyl and causing him to flinch in pain. “Who’s the flesh bag now?” Phantom taunted right before following Kabutops through the Elder’s doorway.

Kabutops and Phantom walked into a dark, moist room where a very old Pokemon sat in the middle on a seat made from dried seaweed. The Pokemon was a Kabutops that was colored green. He was hunched over and was noticeably aging. He saw Kabutops and tried standing up, but his legs were shaking and Kabutops had to run over to him and help him sit back down. “Save your energy,” he said. “No need to stand.”

The Elder looked at Kabutops with astonishment. “Is it really you? It’s been years,” he said with a raspy voice. “What was all that noise outside? Is everything alright?”

“Your security guard tried killing us,” Phantom chimed in. “So I sent him into a world of pain.”

The Elder gasped. "You mean...you killed him?"

“Aerodactyl wouldn’t listen to us when we said we needed to talk to you,” Kabutops explained. “He is wounded but still alive. He will be fine.”

“We should check on him,” the Elder said. “He may be overbearing but he is our head of security."

“Please, this is very urgent," Kabutops said, getting the Elder's full attention after saying that. "I need to know about those tales you told me when I was a child,” Kabutops said. “You remember the stories about Captain Missingno?”

The Elder nodded his head. “Yes, I do. Why do you need to know of the stories? Why is this so urgent?”

Kabutops looked at Phantom and then back at the Elder. A grin crossed his face. “My Captain and I seek his treasure and I was hoping I could get information from you about how to go about finding it.”

“You seek the Rare Candy stash?” the Elder said. He sat back in his seat and pondered for a moment. He looked at Kabutops differently than he did when he entered the room. He looked at him with more respect. The Elder let out a chuckle. “You have certainly changed since you left, Kabutops. You realize this stash could make you one of the world’s most powerful Pokemon, right? What is your intention?”

Phantom stepped forward. “Kyogre. Ruling the seas. Kabutops got flattened by Kyogre the first time but the Rare Candy stash will allow him to defeat the creature.”

The Elder began standing up and his body was shaking as he struggled. Kabutops went to help him but the Elder signaled that he could do it on his own. The Elder slowly walked to Kabutops and put his hands on his shoulders. “You do realize what you are trying to do? You realize what you are up against, correct?”

Kabutops nodded. “I do. Do you have any idea where the stash is?”

The Elder sighed as he was recalling the story. “I knew Captain Missingno. He was my Captain much like he is your Captain,” he explained as he motioned to Phantom. The Elder began pacing. “His life’s mission was to gather as many Rare Candies as possible and use them on Pokemon in order to take over the seas with the strongest Pokemon on Earth. He was able to give me a substantial amount which is why I have been able to live decades longer than the average Kabutops. Missingno’s greedy crew planned a mutiny, however, and tried plundering the chest that contained all of his Rare Candies.”

“Did the chest survive?!” Phantom anxiously asked.

The Elder nodded his head. “Captain Missingno was killed in battle against his crew. They couldn’t find the chest so they marooned he and I on an island and went off on his ship looking for him. I was the only one who stayed loyal to the Captain. He was greatly wounded and I tried caring for him but nothing could be done to heal him. He could barely speak but before taking his last breath he uttered two words: ‘Chest’ and ‘Volcano.’” The Elder motioned outside. “The one place I can deduce the chest would be is near that volcano. It is too dangerous a trek for me. Every Kabutops I sent to try and find it was reported dead eventually.”

“We’re different,” Phantom said. “I’m not one who says ‘hello’ to Death very easily.”

“That’s what everyone says,” the Elder responded. “If it is Kyogre you seek then perhaps Groudon will be the prize you should search for by the volcano.”

“Groudon?” Kabutops asked.

“Yes. It is to land what Kyogre is to the sea. Obtaining Groudon will most certainly attract the Kyogre you seek. It may be the only Pokemon on Earth that can put up an equal fight against Kyogre.”

Phantom’s eyes lit up and he grinned with one side of his mouth. “Then I can rule sea AND land. I love yer advice, old man.”

“Be careful however,” the Elder explained. “For a battle between those two can be deadly for everyone around it. It might even threaten the existence of the Earth. Legend says that if the blood of the aggressor is spilled on both land and sea, then the Peacemaker will arrive and eliminate the problem. That is important to remember.”

Phantom laughed. “I’m not afraid of a legend. I’m a legend myself.”

The Elder looked at Phantom then at Kabutops. “With the threat of the volcano and of Groudon, do you believe you can handle this mission?”

Kabutops took in everything that was said. At length, he nodded his head. “We can handle it.”

The Elder smiled. “I am very proud of your bravery. I just need to ask one favor.”

“What’s that?” Kabutops asked.

“Bring some Rare Candies back for me. As you can see I am weak and need strengthening. The taste of the candy will bring back the great memories I had with my Captain.”

Kabutops and Phantom began walking out of the room. “Will do.”

“Thank you, Son.”

“You’re welcome, Dad.”

-----

Barbossa and Jack the monkey finally reached the edge of land as the morning sun began shining on them. His arms were exhausted from rowing all night and his garments were still soaked from the shipwreck. Swimming over five miles just to find the rowboat in the first place didn’t help, either. Not an easy thing to do with only one working leg. Barbossa was lucky enough to avoid Kyogre and the whirlpools. The rowboat had been drifting in the middle of the sea when he found it. It was detached from the Queen Anne’s Revenge before the ship was destroyed.

Jack leaped off Barbossa’s shoulder and quickly scaled a tree nearby in search for fruit. Barbossa sat under the same tree and leaned against it. He sighed deeply as he cracked his neck and let his muscles relax. Jack knocked an apple from the tree and it landed right in Barbossa’s lap. Barbossa looked up and grinned. “Thank ya, Jack,” he said before wiping it with his wet sleeve and taking a bite. He stared out at the sea and pondered the feeling of being at the helm of the Pearl once more. His thoughts became less pleasant, however, when Jack Sparrow entered them. The last he saw of Sparrow was his fist landing on his face as he toppled into the sea. The mere thought of that incident angered Barbossa. He was inadvertently squishing the apple he was holding with his hand.

Thoughts of vengeance filled Barbossa’s head and he immediately forgot about his pain and fatigue. He stood up and began walking towards the dock that was near a town followed by Jack. “I need to find the proper vessel,” he said to himself. “Sparrow has been a thorn in my side for too long. He needs to die by my hand.” After passing the docks, he looked for a ship he could steal, but they were all occupied by Royal Navy forces. He noticed a sign on a nearby building that said, “All Pirates Subjected to the Gallows.” He quickly hid from sight as the clothing he was wearing would certainly give him away. He looked around and quickly tried to find a way to blend in.

Behind the building was a secluded, private area. A man in a Royal Navy uniform walked out with a pipe in his hand. “My watch shift is over for the next half hour!” he shouted to a man in the front of the building.

“Just don’t be late!” the man in the front hollered back.

Barbossa grinned when he saw the man begin smoking his pipe. He whispered into Jack’s ear. The monkey rushed over to the man and got his attention so that his back was facing Barbossa. He snuck up behind the man and threw his elbow into the back of his head, immediately knocking the man out. “Looks like I just enlisted,” Barbossa commented as he put on the man’s wig and began removing his coat.

Barbossa went back to the docks in full uniform. He felt his long beard. He realized he was the only one wearing a Royal Navy uniform that had dirty, wrinkled skin and an elongated beard. Although he received a few strange looks, it was nothing that concerned him too much. Jack was hiding inside of his coat. Barbossa scanned all of the ships and was trying to think of excuses as to how he would be able to board one of them. Beyond the last ship in the dock he saw a dug out stairway that led underground. It was being guarded by two men. One was tall and thin while the other was short and very stocky.

“What business do you have here?” the taller guard said to Barbossa as he approached.

“Business down there that is none of yours,” Barbossa responded as he pointed down the stairway and headed forward. The guards stood in his way and stopped him.

“Secret stuff down there that we can’t let you see unless we recognize you,” the shorter one said. “This is my first time seeing you.”

“Yes, very secret stuff,” the taller one said. “So secret it’s said to change the face of the Royal Navy and even the world. We’re not even allowed to tell you what it is down there.”

“So secret that my idiot partner wasn’t even supposed to tell you that it’s so secret it could change the face of the Royal Navy and even the world.”

“Yes, so secret that even… hey, wait a second!”

Barbossa held his hands out. “Gentlemen, you have never seen me before because it was my promotion that transferred me here. I was ordered by the Admiral to check how things are going down there.”

“Hold it,” the taller one said. “So you know the secret of what’s down there?”

“About the submarine?” the shorter one said.

The taller one smacked his partner in the head. “Who’s the idiot now? You spilled the beans!”

“But he said he knew the secret!”

“I don’t think he was telling the truth! If he were telling the truth, he would have said what it was before you did.”

“If he wasn’t telling the truth, he wouldn’t be in uniform. He looks legitimate to me.”

The taller man rolled his eyes. “Fine. Since you already know the secret, we’ll let you through. Besides, if you are telling the truth and we disobeyed the Admiral, it would be our heads.”

Barbossa nodded his head and smiled as he began walking down the stairway. “Good day to you, gentlemen.”

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Excellent chapter. Referring to Missingno. made it automatic epic win, even if Missingno. is dead in this continuity. Only thing that disappointed me, though, was the lack of captures, and even then, that didn't bother me too much. And I'm guessing that was Murtogg and Mullroy at the end of the chapter? Though they've seen Barbossa before, though, and last anyone saw of them, they had defected to the pirates' side at the end of the third film, so it might not be them...

Blue Astra

Icy blue
Nice chapter. Finally we learned about the doings of the two villainous teams. The ending was epic. The reference of Captain Missingno made me think immediately of Missingno. Master. There were some things I wanted to show you though:

Phantom and Kabutops walked through the beach in the middle of the night. They were both still exhausted and soaked from the shipwreck. Kabutops looked around the area. The stars and the moon were able to give him adequate light. “I know this place,” he said. He pointed towards the sea at a small plot of land in the distance. “Over there is where I grew up. My species is rare but there should still be a small village of Kabutops in that area. We must swim over there. It’s close enough that we don’t need a boat or ship to make it there.”
I just thought about the last repetition. How about

“We must swim over there. But it’s close enough, so we won’t need a boat or ship.”

or

“We must swim over there. It’s close enough, so we don’t need a boat or ship.”

instead? Just to avoid using “there” too often.

The figure resembled a pterodactyl with skin made of stone. He had wings with razor sharp edges. He opened his gaping mouth and revealed its jagged teeth as it released an ear-shattering screech. The flying creature’s pointed tail swung back and forth. “You don’t scare me, flesh bag,” he said. He looked over at Kabutops and began laughing. “Look who’s back. It’s the runt!”
First you say that the creature released an ear-shattering screech and then, when I wait for something grand, the creature just says ‘ “You don’t scare me, flesh bag,” he said’. Well, I just thought that Aerodactyl deserved something better. It’s just too abrupt and feels awkward. Make a pause, describe the reaction of Phantom and Kabutops (ex. stiffening, cringing, etc). Put some water in the wine!

Kabutops and Phantom walked into a dark, moist room where a very old Pokemon sat in the middle on a seat made from dried seaweed. The Pokemon was a Kabutops that was colored green. He was hunched over and was noticeably aging. He saw Kabutops and tried standing up. His legs were shaking. Kabutops ran over to him and helped him sit back down. “Save your energy,” he said. “No need to stand.”
How about: "The Pokemon was a Kabutops that was colored green. He was hunched over and was noticeably aging. When he saw Kabutops, he tried to stand up, but his legs were shaking.” or even “The Pokemon was a Kabutops that was colored green. He was hunched over and was noticeably aging. When he saw Kabutops, he tried to stand up, but his shaking legs failed him.”
You’re security guard tried killing us,” Phantom chimed in. “So I sent him into a world of pain.”
"Your"?

“That’s what everyone says,” the Elder responded. “If it is Kyogre you seek perhaps then perhaps Groudon will be the prize you should search for by the volcano.”
“If it is Kyogre you seek then perhaps Groudon will be the prize you should search for by the volcano.”

The figure resembled a pterodactyl with skin made of stone. He had wings with razor sharp edges. He opened his gaping mouth and revealed its jagged teeth as it released an ear-shattering screech. The flying creature’s pointed tail swung back and forth. “You don’t scare me, flesh bag,” he said. He looked over at Kabutops and began laughing. “Look who’s back. It’s the runt!”

“I see,” the Elder said. “It is good seeing you again after so long, Kabutops. What is it you needed to see me about?”

“Thank you, Son.”

“You’re welcome, Dad.”
Okay, I understand why Aerodactyl attacks Kabutops: a) fear for the Elder (Kabutops hasn’t been there for years, who knows what’s on his mind), b) maybe he hates him in some way due to something that happened in the past. But then, the Elder lets Kabutops come in without doing anything even when he hears they hurt the guard.

Maybe it’s his age and weakness, or the good relationship (or them being relatives) they have (“Thank you, Son.” / “You’re welcome, Dad.”), but still it struck me as strange. All the fighting and then the simple discussion with the Elder as if nothing happened.

Oh, and about the “Dad/Son” thing. So they are relatives, no? If so, it explains why the Elder let him in (to some point ;p)

Jack leaped off Barbossa’s shoulder and quickly scaled a tree nearby in search for fruit. Barbossa sat under the same tree and leaned against it. He sighed deeply as he cracked his neck and let his muscles relax. Jack knocked an apple from the tree and it landed right in Barbossa’s lap. Barbossa looked up and grinned. “Thank ya, Jack,” he said before wiping it with his wet sleeve and taking a bite. He stared out at the sea and pondering the feeling of being at the helm of the Pearl once more. He thought about Jack Sparrow.
“pondered” or “He stared out at the sea and, pondering the feeling of being at the helm of the Pearl once more, he thought about Jack Sparrow” is maybe better?

Barbossa went back to the docks in full uniform. He received a few strange looks but nothing that concerned him too much.
Was the reason for the strange glares the uniform being too small on him? Dunno, I just thought that the guard’s clothes wouldn’t fit him :)

I liked the idea of them getting inside the island. And I sense Groudon trouble in the horizon. Interested to see what will Phantom and Kabutops achieve and what will Barbossa do with the submarine. Wait… what’s a submarine doing there? They were not supposed to have submarines back then. Or am I wrong?

Keep up the good work.

~Truthfully yours~

Oh, and Missingno. Master?
Excellent chapter. Referring to Missingno. made it automatic epic win, even if Missingno. is dead in this continuity.
I thought you would like it the moment I saw the referrence. :)

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Excellent chapter. Referring to Missingno. made it automatic epic win, even if Missingno. is dead in this continuity. Only thing that disappointed me, though, was the lack of captures, and even then, that didn't bother me too much. And I'm guessing that was Murtogg and Mullroy at the end of the chapter? Though they've seen Barbossa before, though, and last anyone saw of them, they had defected to the pirates' side at the end of the third film, so it might not be them...

Thanks! Next time you play RBY version on your GameBoy, it's not a glitch giving you Rare Candies, it's a pirate Captain's treasure! lol. And don't worry, the captures will come. Like in the Pokemon anime (where the characters catch Pokemon throughout the series in certain episodes), I want to kind of stretch out the captures instead of having a lot of them right away. As for Murtogg and Mullroy, they did become pirates in the third film. The two guards in the chapter are more like a wink at those two characters. I was hoping someone would catch that!

I just thought about the last repetition.

Aw not again!
First you say that the creature released an ear-shattering screech and then, when I wait for something grand, the creature just says ‘ “You don’t scare me, flesh bag,” he said’. Well, I just thought that Aerodactyl deserved something better. It’s just too abrupt and feels awkward. Make a pause, describe the reaction of Phantom and Kabutops (ex. stiffening, cringing, etc). Put some water in the wine!

You know what? You're right! I'll spice that scene up.

Maybe it’s his age and weakness, or the good relationship (or them being relatives) they have (“Thank you, Son.” / “You’re welcome, Dad.”), but still it struck me as strange. All the fighting and then the simple discussion with the Elder as if nothing happened.

Oh, and about the “Dad/Son” thing. So they are relatives, no? If so, it explains why the Elder let him in (to some point ;p)

Yes, they are relatives. It is a bit strange that a normal convo happens after a fight like that. I'll try to clarify that better.

Was the reason for the strange glares the uniform being too small on him? Dunno, I just thought that the guard’s clothes wouldn’t fit him

I liked the idea of them getting inside the island. And I sense Groudon trouble in the horizon. Interested to see what will Phantom and Kabutops achieve and what will Barbossa do with the submarine. Wait… what’s a submarine doing there? They were not supposed to have submarines back then. Or am I wrong?

The strange glares were due to his bad complexion and long beard which seemed out of place but I never clarified that. I'll explain that better in the story. And I actually researched submarines before finishing this chapter. The first one was invented in 1775 and the story takes place in 1773. I know it's two years off but since Pokemon exist in this world they can use their powers to help build better technology faster (I'll explain this in the next chapter). Plus, if movies like "300" are allowed to twist history a little bit, I figure I can too with my fic lol.

Thanks very much for helping me proofread so I can fix my mistakes. Obviously I'm not too good at catching them lol.