• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms

Blue Astra

Icy blue
You know what? You're right! I'll spice that scene up.

I have another proposal… I don’t want to push you or thrust on you my opinion, but I thought that maybe your writing needs more spice overall. I don’t imply it’s bad, but maybe your straightforwardness needs either more description or emotional charged words. I think it’s a bit “concentrated” and needs “dilution” (with a positive meaning). But that’s my personal opinion.

Thanks very much for helping me proofread so I can fix my mistakes. Obviously I'm not too good at catching them lol.

You don’t have too many mistakes! And about the small ones…

Don’t worry about that, I know from my own writing experience that it’s not very easy to catch your own mistakes. Especially plot holes. When you’re the author (and I’m talking general here), you have the whole idea of the fic in your mind and know what happens or what will happen. You know all the secrets. And you see your work as a movie: it’s vivid before your eyes. So, the only thing you have to do, is to write down this image. But it often happens that you might do it in a way that, while you understand what happens, the readers don’t, because, what for you might be obvious, for the others might not be. And the eternal problem is that the readers don’t have access to your mind to see what you really meant. So, it’s difficult to fix such mistakes without another mind “at hand”, a mind that will represent the “readers”.

And I have to confess that some plot holes of mine had become “jokes” of the day for my mother (my beta :)) and remained so for a week or two ;P

So don’t worry. Your writing is good. And I’m always glad to help as much as I can.

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
Wait! I'm here! I'm here! Don't leave!

Chapter reivew time!

Finally we see what Phantom and Kabutops are up to, and Groudon is mentioned! Finally I'm right about something!

I never played the original Pokemon games (my first was FireRed) so I never actually saw the MissingNo. glitch, but a marooned Captain MissingNo. and his treasure of Rare Candies sounds way cooler. Good job with that.

Too bad about no one getting a Pokemon this chapter, but I agree that the captures need to be spread out.

Now we know just how Barbossa got that rowboat, I almost feel bad for the guy, swimming with one leg.

I give you props on working an submarine into the plot, I can't wait to see what our favorite one-legged captain who just doesn't die does with it. :)

The first thought I had when I saw that two soldiers were guarding the secret dock was the ones from the 1st and 3rd movies, but then I remembered that they became pirates. Will they show up here any time soon?

This chapter was helpful, we need to keep an eye on both of these guys and their respective pet/pokemon.

This weekend allowed me no chance to get this up any sooner, but rest assured that I'm still watching this fic like a hungry seagull watches a guy fries.

Sorry for the lateness of it all,

Knightfall signing off...;005;

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Finally! I thought this would be discontinued or something!

I at first thought Elder was a Tangrowth, oopies my bad...why was he green? It seems a bit hard for me to imagine...miscolored Pokemon always seem to drive me bananas...

Hiya Groudon, long time no sea! (get it?) I was wondering when we would delve into that. Is Phantom the ancient "people" who try and control Kyogre and Groudon with the Red and Blue Orbs? God...and i was kind of hoping for some Zorua and Scyther refernces here, like how Scyther and Kabutops met if Kabutops wants to hack Scyther into pieces all the time...

I would put this stuff on a Word Document, so you can catch the spelling errors and such. I started a fanfic and it utterly flopped, so I'm going to restart it. So if you see a fanfiction by me, don't read, its crappyness right now!

Barbossa...sneaky fellow...and jack is a trained monkey! Yay!

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
I have another proposal… I don’t want to push you or thrust on you my opinion, but I thought that maybe your writing needs more spice overall. I don’t imply it’s bad, but maybe your straightforwardness needs either more description or emotional charged words. I think it’s a bit “concentrated” and needs “dilution” (with a positive meaning). But that’s my personal opinion.

I see what you're saying. That's always kind of been my writing style because the story just flows from my mind to my fingers and I start typing like a mad scientist lol. I think you are right and I can always go over my chapters again and see where I can add in more description or better words.

Don’t worry about that, I know from my own writing experience that it’s not very easy to catch your own mistakes. Especially plot holes. When you’re the author (and I’m talking general here), you have the whole idea of the fic in your mind and know what happens or what will happen. You know all the secrets. And you see your work as a movie: it’s vivid before your eyes. So, the only thing you have to do, is to write down this image. But it often happens that you might do it in a way that, while you understand what happens, the readers don’t, because, what for you might be obvious, for the others might not be. And the eternal problem is that the readers don’t have access to your mind to see what you really meant. So, it’s difficult to fix such mistakes without another mind “at hand”, a mind that will represent the “readers”.

That's great advice. I know exactly what you mean. Thank you!

Finally we see what Phantom and Kabutops are up to, and Groudon is mentioned! Finally I'm right about something!

I never played the original Pokemon games (my first was FireRed) so I never actually saw the MissingNo. glitch, but a marooned Captain MissingNo. and his treasure of Rare Candies sounds way cooler. Good job with that.

Too bad about no one getting a Pokemon this chapter, but I agree that the captures need to be spread out.

Now we know just how Barbossa got that rowboat, I almost feel bad for the guy, swimming with one leg.

I give you props on working an submarine into the plot, I can't wait to see what our favorite one-legged captain who just doesn't die does with it.

The first thought I had when I saw that two soldiers were guarding the secret dock was the ones from the 1st and 3rd movies, but then I remembered that they became pirates. Will they show up here any time soon?

This chapter was helpful, we need to keep an eye on both of these guys and their respective pet/pokemon.

This weekend allowed me no chance to get this up any sooner, but rest assured that I'm still watching this fic like a hungry seagull watches a guy fries.

Sorry for the lateness of it all,

Thanks for the review! And don't worry, you're not late. The guards in the last chapter are not the same ones from the movies, they are more of a tribute to them. Seagulls and fries, huh? Awesome analogy!

Finally! I thought this would be discontinued or something!

I at first thought Elder was a Tangrowth, oopies my bad...why was he green? It seems a bit hard for me to imagine...miscolored Pokemon always seem to drive me bananas...

Hiya Groudon, long time no sea! (get it?) I was wondering when we would delve into that. Is Phantom the ancient "people" who try and control Kyogre and Groudon with the Red and Blue Orbs? God...and i was kind of hoping for some Zorua and Scyther refernces here, like how Scyther and Kabutops met if Kabutops wants to hack Scyther into pieces all the time...

I would put this stuff on a Word Document, so you can catch the spelling errors and such. I started a fanfic and it utterly flopped, so I'm going to restart it. So if you see a fanfiction by me, don't read, its crappyness right now!

Nope! It won't be discontinued. I'm in this till the story ends! To answer your question, the Red and Blue Orbs aren't in this story. I'm going a different route in this story from the games and anime when it comes to Kyogre and Groudon. I will add more history about Scyther and Kabutops, as well. Writing on Word would be a good idea, I've been doing that recently. Thanks for the comments!

P.S. I apologize that I don't have Chapter 12 up yet but I assure you all it is in progress. I'm actually working on it as I type this now.

Last edited:

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Chapter 12

“I got five shillings!”

“Put me down for ten!”

“Alright everyone, alright, wagers off!”

The tavern was full of excitement and anticipation as tables were moved to form a battlefield. Jack stood on one side with Zorua in front of him while his grossly overweight challenger stood on the other side. He released an equally obese Pokemon in Snorlax. “Alright, little man,” the challenger said. “You come to me braggin’ and now I’ll show ya what a real Pokemon trainer is like.”

Tajiri went next to Jack’s ear. “You probably shouldn’t have boasted to that man the way you did,” he whispered. “This is only your first battle. Insulting the man’s mother probably didn’t help, either.”

Jack gave a waving motion with his hand and shrugged. “Relax, mate. My new partner and I can easily take care of these rotund fellows.”

“You do know Zorua’s moves, correct?”

“Yes, you went over this with me already. Agility, Fury Swipes, Taunt, and Night Blaze.”

Tajiri rolled his eyes. “Night Daze.”

Jack smiled. “Right. I’m ready then, eh?”

Tajiri stepped back and joined the rest of the crew. “Sure,” he said, humoring Jack.

Jack’s opponent wasted no time. “Let’s wrap this up quick, mate!” he yelled to his Snorlax. “Let him taste your Body Slam!”

Snorlax charged at Zorua surprisingly quickly and jumped in the air above it. Jack began thinking about which attack to use as Snorlax descended. “Jack, say something already!” Angelica barked.

Luckily, Zorua quickly darted out of the way as Snorlax fell hard face first into the ground. It groaned in pain as Zorua snickered. “Looks like it doesn’t even need its scurvy, yellow-bellied trainer to battle! Hahaha!” teased Jack’s opponent.

“Really?” Jack said as he cocked his head. “How about a Fury Swipes, then?” Just as Snorlax got up, Zorua jumped in the air and swatted at its face repeatedly with its sharp claws. Snorlax tried desperately to pull Zorua off using its short, stubby arms. It was eventually able to grab Zorua with its right hand and throw it to the ground. Zorua landed on its back but dusted itself off and got right back up. “Tough little one, you are. I like that!” Jack said. “Now let’s use Night Blaze!”

“Daze!” Tajiri bellowed from behind him.

“Right. Night Daze!” Jack corrected.

Zorua’s eyes began glowing and it slammed its front paws on the ground with great force. A dark wave of energy pulsed from its body and headed right at Snorlax’s face. It connected and sent Snorlax to the ground rubbing its eyes. “No! Now it can’t see!” Snorlax’s trainer gasped.

“I reckon Jack’s doing pretty well for his first time,” Gibbs said.

Angelica rolled her eyes. “Oh, please. It’s Zorua pequeño doing all the work,” she said.

“I’ll say this much,” Tajiri said. “Zorua does seem to listen to and trust Jack. I’ll give him that.”

Before Snorlax could try to get up again, Jack ordered another Fury Swipes. Zorua bounced off of Snorlax’s enormous belly and straight onto its face, clawing at it some more. Snorlax’s head finally hit the floor as it fell unconscious. Zorua leaped back next to Jack and gave its trademark smirk. Everyone in the bar was either going crazy cheering or throwing bottles and punches in anger over the money they just lost. “Well done, mate!” Jack said to Zorua. “Now that you’ve won, show Snorlax and its trainer your Taunt!”

Zorua nodded its head and made itself look like Snorlax. It then put its hand on its chest and dramatically fell over, imitating the defeat of its opponent. Snorlax’s trainer sighed and returned his Pokemon. He hung his head down and walked away sulking.

Jack grinned at how amazing his Zorua was as it changed back into its normal self. He patted his shoulder and this time Zorua obliged. It leaped on Jack’s shoulder and gave the best victory howl it could muster. Jack and Zorua were greeted and congratulated by the Black Pearl crew. “Well done, Captain!” Gibbs said.

“Yeah, not bad at all,” Tajiri said. “I’m surprised.”

Pintel, Ragetti, and Scyther also congratulated Jack and Zorua. “Impressive,” Scyther said as he looked at Zorua. “Little guy can fight. I wouldn’t want to mess with it.”

Ragetti released his Magikarp and held it in his hands. “Battle me now, will you Captain?” he pleaded.

“No way, mate,” Jack responded. “It would be a massacre and I won’t have that.”

“Well, I want a Pokemon!” Pintel whined. “Jack and Tajiri have cool ones and even though Ragetti’s is lame, at least he has one!”

Tajiri put his hand on Pintel’s shoulder. “You really want one that bad, mate?” He slipped a Pokeball into Pintel’s hand. “Let’s go find ya one. I know the perfect spot.”

Pintel grinned, revealing his rotted, yellow teeth. His anxious eyes increased greatly in size. “Yeah, let’s go then!”

Pintel, Ragetti, Tajiri, and Scyther all walked outside where it was getting darker but still visible. They headed out towards the sea and strolled along the beach for a while until they reached a large pile of sticks and logs. They all scaled the pile and a revolting smell attacked their nostrils. Everyone covered their noses with their hands immediately as they witnessed an area of the beach that was covered in garbage. The color of the water was a mixture of green and purple. “This area is a notorious dumping site where a lot of Pokemon hang out,” Tajiri explained, uncovering his nose. “They give off a bad smell, but some of ‘em are pretty strong.”

They all scanned the area for a little while until a large, floating object appeared on the shore. It was a two-headed beast that almost resembled a purple meteorite. The larger head had a skull and crossbones on its body and a gaping mouth with sharp teeth. It also had a threatening and unfriendly scowl. The smaller head looked exactly like the larger one, only in miniature form. The being was surrounded by clouds of smog and gas coursing from the holes in its body. “Whoa!” Pintel said. “If that ain’t a perfect Pokemon for a pirate then I don’t know what is!”

“What is it?” Ragetti asked.

“It’s called Weezing,” Tajiri said. “It’s a poison type. It’s got some nasty sludge and smog attacks.”

Scyther gave a salute. “Alright, then,” he said with great confidence to Pintel. “I’ll weaken this guy for you and you can catch it. Get your Pokeball ready.”

The two headed cautiously over to Weezing, who had its back turned and didn’t see them. Scyther then released a great battle cry as it flew up to Weezing and struck it down with his blade for an arm. Weezing quickly turned around and sprayed a foul black sludge from its mouth. Scyther dodged the first blow but got hit in the face by the second one, getting sludge in his eyes. He hit the ground and began trying to rub his eyes. “I’m blind!” he cried.

“Weezing!” Weezing groaned in anger as it’s body began to glow red.

“Oh bugger!” Tajiri warned. “It’s Self-Destruct! Everyone duck! And Scyther, you need to use your Protect!”

Scyther, who still couldn’t see, nodded his head at Tajiri’s advice and surrounded himself with a protective veil. Weezing’s body let off a great explosion just as everyone hit the deck. Once the smoke and flying sand cleared up, an injured Weezing coughed up smoke and hit the ground unconscious. Everyone got up and dusted themselves off. “That was scary!” Scyther said as he let down his veil.

“Where’s me eye?!” Ragetti said as he began digging through the sand trying to find his glass eye.

Pintel took out his Pokeball and stood in front of Weezing. “Looks like now’s as good a time as ever!” he said as he hurled the ball at Weezing’s face. The Pokemon disappeared inside the ball and it shook for a bit before stopping. Pintel smiled and pumped his fist as he picked up the ball. “Look at this, Ragetti!” he proclaimed as Ragetti was just finding his eye. “I got me a better one than you now! Mine explodes like a cannon!” A small explosion suddenly came from inside the ball, shocking Pintel and knocking him over. This caused laughter among everyone in the group except for Pintel, who grumbled as he stood back up.

-----

The morning sun shone brightly over the land as Jack and his crew headed back towards the Pearl. They began making preparations to set sail and were making repairs on certain parts of the ship such as the sails that were damaged during the battle against the Queen Anne’s Revenge and Kyogre. The crew was full of energy despite how early it was. Jack had to constantly get Pintel and Ragetti back to work as they kept comparing their Pokemon (with Scyther chiming in and comparing himself to them, as well).

Scrum gripped his guitar and ran his fingers along the rusty, worn out strings. He found Tajiri and approached him. “I need to find some new strings,” he said. “Do you know of a place where I can get some?”

Tajiri rubbed the beard on his chin. “Well, I know my cousin has a string shop in town. I’ll take you to her and she can get your guitar fixed up.”

Scrum tried in vain to play a few chords. “That would be great. Thanks!”

The two climbed down the ship and headed towards town. They passed numerous people coming back from the churches and headed to the markets. There were also numerous Pokemon roaming the area. Some were wild while others were like pets that walked alongside their trainers. Tajiri pointed to a tiny building near the marketplace. “Right there,” he said. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen her.”

“What’s she like?” Scrum asked.

“She loves music, of course. She’s very sweet and kind. Let me tell you this, if there’s anyone who knows more about Pokemon than me, it’s her.”

As the two walked in the shop, nobody was in there except for a cute Japanese girl with shiny, dark hair that went all the way down to her elbows. She looked to be in her mid-twenties. Her face lit up when she saw Tajiri walk in. “Cousin!” She ran up and embraced Tajiri tightly. He responded by smiling and warmly returning her hug. “I’m so happy you are okay! I learned of your brother’ s passing and I am so sorry to hear about that. I didn’t know if you made it or not.”

“Thank you, Komiko,” Tajiri responded. “It’s great to see you.”

“It has been so long since I’ve seen you! What brings you back in town?” she asked with great excitement.

“I am traveling with some new friends,” he said. “Let me introduce you to one of them here. His name is Scrum.”

She smiled and extended her hand. “Pleasure to meet you.”

Scrum took a while before he could speak. His breathing tempo was slowly increasing as he removed his hat. “P-pleasure to meet you, Miss Komiko,” he said as he stared into her eyes.

After a small, awkward silence, Komiko giggled. “So is there anything I can do for you today? I see you have a nice guitar there.”

“Thanks, t-thank you,” Scrum replied as he cleared his throat and tried standing up more straight as he had a tendency to hunch over. “It’s nice but it needs new strings.”

“I just made some new ones so you’re in luck. Coming right up!” Komiko walked to the back of the shop and brought out five brand new strings. She set Scrum’s guitar on a table and began replacing the old strings with new ones.

“So Komiko,” Tajiri asked. “I was wondering what you knew about Kyogre and Groudon. After what has happened recently, I really want to see what I can do about either destroying or capturing that sea beast. I’ve heard that Groudon might be one of the keys to getting it more easily.”

Komiko quickly shook her head as she kept stringing the guitar. She was about halfway finished. “No, no, no. Never let those two even come close to each other. The results could be disastrous. And what’s all this talk of revenge? My cousin is better than that.”

“How would it be disastrous if Kyogre and Groudon met?” Scrum asked.

“There are many stories of a previous battle the two have had with one another written in the scrolls of Kanto History. Many accounts say that cities were destroyed and thousands killed due to the cruel, intense nature of their battle,” Komiko explained.

“So how did the battle cease?” Tajiri asked. “Obviously they are both still alive so nobody was victorious in the battle.”

“The Peacemaker,” Komiko said. “It was written that when the blood of the aggressor spills on both land and sea, the Peacemaker comes to eliminate whoever the aggressor is, thus making peace in the battle. It was Groudon who was the aggressor in the last battle. It was written that Kyogre struck it close to the shore and its blood ran through the water and onto the beach. The Peacemaker then destroyed Groudon with one attack. The Groudon that is alive today is actually one that was hatched from an egg that was in the volcano. It is the offspring of the Groudon that was killed.”

“That’s a very interesting story,” Tajiri said. “Then again they are stories. They are apt to be changed over time.”

“I know what I am talking about,” Komiko said as she finished the last string. She pointed at Tajiri and wagged her finger the same way a mother would. “I do not want either of you to have anything to do with those two Pokemon.” Tajiri obviously struck a nerve in his cousin.

Scrum, wanting to change the subject, picked up his completed guitar and ran his hand along the strings. They made a sharper, more harmonic sound than usual and they felt better and more comfortable on his fingers. “These are perfect!” he said. “You did a great job! And in such a short amount of time!”

Komiko smiled. “Thank you. Now let me hear something.”

Scrum’s hands began shaking a little. This was the most nervous he had ever been while playing music. Usually it relaxed him more than anything else. He began playing small parts of a few of the songs he knew. Komiko leaned forward and looked genuinely interested. Scrum finished after a couple of minutes of playing and Komiko clapped her hands. “You are very good!” she said. “Better than almost everyone who comes into my shop each week!”

Scrum blushed. “Heh heh. Really? Thanks!”

Tajiri looked out the door and noticed that the crew was finished repairing the sail on the Pearl.

“Komiko, it was great seeing you but we really must be going. I will visit you again sometime soon!”

Scrum frowned. “Oh wait, I just…” Tajiri began walking out the door and he reluctantly started heading out as well. “So what do I owe you?”

Komiko smiled. “Nothing. I’m happy to help you out. Listening to your music was enough currency for me. Nice meeting you!”

“Me too, I mean nice m-meeting you too, Miss! Thank you!” Scrum said as he began walking out. He narrowly missed tripping and falling on his face on his way out.

-----

Because the crew was still working and also waiting on Scrum and Tajiri, Angelica had gone off on her own into town. She needed to go to the marketplace to stock up on fruit and bread. On her way back, she passed by the church where many people were exiting. She thought of her father and her desperate attempts to save his soul before he died. She stopped walking and looked inside. Something deep in her was guiding and telling her to go in the building despite the fact that service was already over.

She walked into an empty building with the exception of one person. It was someone she recognized. “Philip?”

The young missionary in the front of the church stood up from his kneeling prayer position and began approaching Angelica. He was a tall, handsome man who wasn’t more than twenty-five years of age. “Angelica,” he responded. “It is good to see you.”

“It is good to see you are healed from your wounds,” she responded.

“Yes,” Philip said. “Syrena was able to heal them for me. In fact, I am going to see her once I am through here. I was sorry to hear about the news of your father. I know you wanted me to do my best to guide him in the path of righteousness. I’ll admit he was a hard egg to crack but the Lord loves everyone and is willing to show mercy to those who ask.”

“I appreciate you saying that,” Angelica said. She stopped for a moment. “I don’t know why but felt like I was led to come in here and talk to you. I have had a lot on my mind.”

“Like what?” Philip inquired.

“First of all, Jack,” she answered. Philip couldn’t help but smile at the mention of his name. “I feel like I am in love with him and want to be committed to him. I am not sure if he feels the same. I have been lying to him about something for a while now and the guilt is starting to creep in.”

“I understand that is personal,” Philip said. “I will not pry in your business. What I will say is that a relationship built on honesty is stronger than one built around a lie.” He chuckled. “Jack is a very interesting character and, while he seems to be out for himself a lot, I see a great side of kindness and generosity in him.”

“Thank you, Philip,” Angelica said. “Just one more thing I need to talk to you about. There has been an evil pirate Captain named Phantom who has tried killing us on many occasions. It appears as though we defeated him in battle recently but I can’t shake the feeling that he is still alive. It is the same kind of feeling that led me to come in here and speak with you. The man is seemingly invincible. The stories I’ve heard of him said he was the offspring of demonic beings. It just seemed as though there was no way of beating him. Sticking a sword in his chest didn’t even kill him.”

Philip, who was listening intently and nodding his head through the whole explanation, pondered Angelica’s statements for a bit before finally speaking. “That feeling you get that leads you to do and believe certain things is the Lord speaking to you through the Holy Spirit. The Lord is in fact telling me right now that this man you speak of is still alive. Goliath from the Bible sounds very similar to this Phantom man. He was born of demons and was a giant who could not be defeated by the swords of even the strongest warriors.”

“Until David defeated him,” Angelica said.

“Correct,” Philip responded. “The key to defeating Phantom lies in the story of David and Goliath. David used not the sword of man but the sword of the spirit.”

“I thought he used a sling and a stone?”

“He did, but the sword of the spirit is a metaphor for the word of God. When demonic beings hear the word of God, they run screaming. It is their greatest weakness. It makes them vulnerable. If you have a Bible, look up Ephesians Chapter 6. It explains the sword of the spirit.”

Angelica nodded her head. “Thank you very much, Philip. It has been very productive talking to you.”

“Happy to help,” Philip responded. “If you ever come across Phantom again, just know that no matter how invincible he may seem, he does in fact have vulnerability.”

-----

After a day of tedious trekking through the forest, Phantom and Kabutops finally completed what seemed like was going to be an eternal journey as they reached the base of the volcano. They looked directly up and saw that it towered over them by over five hundred feet. “Doesn’t seem to be active,” Kabutops commented.

“Who cares?” Phantom barked impatiently. “We need to find those Rare Candies now! I’m tired of waiting!”

“Yes, Captain,” Kabutops said. “If I may though, we must not let our patience run out yet. There’s a vast amount of space around the volcano and we still have to find where the chest is before it becomes active.”

Phantom pushed Kabutops out of the way as he began combing the area around the base of the volcano. “Don’t remind me. Can’t believe yer old man didn’t know where it was buried. He seemed to know everything else.” Phantom and Kabutops wandered around the volcano for what seemed like another eternity. Kabutops was using his sickles and Water Gun to dig into the ground in search for the chest. Phantom was able to use his gigantic, meaty hands as a digging tool. They worked until the sun was directly above their heads. Phantom had to take his hat off and wipe the sweat from his brow. “Why haven’t we found anything yet?!” he roared. “I’m tired of this! Kabutops, I want ya to shoot your Hyper Beam around the volcano to dig. It’ll be faster that way.”

“Captain,” Kabutops said. “Won’t we possibly destroy the chest if I do that?”

“We’ll die of old age before finding the chest at this rate! Just do it!”

Kabutops took a deep breath and his body began glowing as he fired his Hyper Beam around the surface and the base of the volcano. Grass and dirt flew in the air from the ground and the dried magma began to crack. He kept this up for a while as the two steadily began walking a circle around the volcano. The beam suddenly weakened and Kabutops’ chest was heaving up and down as he had to take a break. He collapsed to the ground. Phantom walked over to the cracked dry magma and whacked it with his sword to see if anything would come out. He barely saw what appeared to be the corner of a box sticking out of the next layer.

Phantom spat on the corner and wiped it with his sleeve. It was made of fine steel. He rubbed it with his hand and grinned. “This is it. I can feel it. Looks like there were a couple of eruptions after the chest was planted here. Hence the two layers of dried magma over it. Let me just break this layer with my sword and…”

“No!” Kabutops interrupted, surprising Phantom. He used all of his energy to stand up. He had a different look in his eye that he didn’t have earlier in the trip. His glaring eyes targeted what seemed to be the corner of the chest. His facial expression was nothing short of malicious and ferocious. “I’m tired of getting defeated and pushed around,” he said. “I’m ready to feel the power of being the strongest Pokemon in the world. Even stronger than Kyogre. I’m ready to do this. I’m not waiting any longer. Stand out of the way, Captain.”

Phantom quickly stepped out of the way as Kabutops fired his Hyper Beam at full force, causing a great explosion on the surface of the volcano. The large, steel box rolled down to the ground. The Hyper Beam caused a hole in the top of the chest and Phantom was able to pry it open with his sword. Kabutops was still breathing heavy from his adrenaline rush as he and Phantom kneeled down to stare at the treasure. The Rare Candies were stacked in the box and they were a glowing blue color. Phantom sifted his hand over the top of the pile. The candies were smooth and soft. The substances could dissolve in one’s mouth easily.

Just as Kabutops was about to say something, the two heard a deafening roar from the inside of the volcano. It began trembling and hot lava began oozing out the sides. The vibration from the shaking echoed through the trees, causing many flying Pokemon to flee in terror. “An eruption?” Kabutops asked.

“I’ve heard eruptions before and that doesn’t sound like one,” Phantom said. He looked deep into the eyes of Kabutops. “If that’s who I think it is, you better scarf down these Rare Candies.”

Kabutops looked at the volcano, where the tremors continued. Another loud grumble came from inside. “Groooooo!”

Kabutops pulled a pile of Candies out of the chest for his father and set them aside. He then snarled as he revealed his sharp teeth. “Time to pump up,” he said before dumping his face inside of the remaining pile of Rare Candies. He gnashed viciously with his fangs at the candies, downing them as if he was starving to death. Phantom watched with great intrigue as the pile of Rare Candies was quickly lowering. He was amazed at what he was seeing his first mate do at the moment. Without taking any time to resurface from the inside of the box, Kabutops consumed every last Rare Candy before standing back up.

“How do ya feel?” Phantom asked the exhausted Kabutops.

Kabutops suddenly felt very dizzy and his eyes rolled back. “Unngh,” he groaned as he held his head. He took a couple of steps forward but fell flat on his face.

“Ya gotta be kidding me,” Phantom said. “Fella can’t handle anything like a man.” He looked at the top of the volcano and saw a creature that was only slightly smaller than Kyogre. He glanced over at Kabutops on the ground and back at the creature. It was a bipedal lizard that was covered in spikes. It had ruby-colored, scaly skin that was also covered in markings similar to the ones Kyogre had. The monster stomped on the top of the volcano and lava splashed from the top, covering the creature completely. The beast slid gracefully down the side of the volcano with the lava until it reached the ground in front of Phantom. “Okay Groudon,” Phantom said as he held his sword out in front of him. “If my Pokemon can’t fight you, then I will.”

Groudon gritted its razor sharp fangs and stared down Phantom with its yellow eyes. The heat and brightness of the sun intensified greatly. Phantom’s skin was suddenly feeling very dry and chapped. He didn’t pay attention to that, however, as he charged at Groudon. He gave his sword a mighty swipe at the creature's neck. Groudon used its colossal claws to quickly strike Phantom and send him flying into a nearby tree.The man checked his chest and noticed the claw marks on him. He ran his hand over the scars. It stung, but the pain didn't seem to affect him that much while his adrenaline was going. He gripped his sword tight as he looked at Groudon, who was ready to charge. “Alright, then. Come on!” he challenged as he stood up.

Before Groudon could make a move, it stopped as a metallic clanking noise interrupted. Phantom looked over and saw that Kabutops had shoved his sickles into the ground with great force. He opened his eyes, which were now glowing gold. His muscles all over his body began expanding and his height began increasing, as well. His sickles grew larger and sharper and a new layer of armor rapidly grew over him. He released a furious cry in a voice louder than he ever mustered in his entire life. He repeatedly banged his sickles together like a maniac. The sound caused both Groudon and Phantom to flinch each time his sickles connected with each other. A light veil surrounded Kabutops as he stood up to face Groudon. The two Pokemon were standing right in front of each other and took the next minute to silently size each other up. Kabutops cracked his neck and menacingly rubbed his sickles together. “Prepare for battle, Groudon!” he declared.

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Hmm. Let me think. Was this a good chapter?

Jack in his first battle? Check.
Pintel catching a Pokémon? Check.
Said Pokémon happening to be Weezing, my all-time favorite Pokémon and the picture of epic awesomeness? Check.
Perfect setup for an epic showdown between Groudon and an insanely powered up Kabutops? Check.

Yep, good chapter is good. :) Can't wait for the next one, whether it focuses on Pintel's Weezing or the epic Groudon fight. Either way, there will be awesomeness. Well, more than usual, anyway.

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
A little late yes I admit, but it's better then never right?

I'm likeing Zoura, I really am. Night Blaze, Night Daze, what's the difference?

'Bout time Pintel got a Pokemon of his own. Should be interesting to see what Wheezing can do in future chapters aganist Phantom.

In speaking of him, I knew as soon as he told Kabutops to use Hyper Beam that Groudon would awake. Should be an awesome battle next chapter.

I'm glad to see that Phillip is still alive, always wondered where he ended up.

I wonder if he'll make another appearence in both this fic and the next movie(?) or just a one-time character.

At least he gave some good advice on Phantom and on their relationship.

Great chapter as usual can't wait until the next one.

Blue Astra

Icy blue
A very good chapter! It was nice to see Zorua battling for the first time and Pintel finally catching a Pokémon! I liked Komiko’s appearance and the (possible) hints (I hope) you give there for the future. Hurray for Philip’s (and Syrena’s in some way) return (one of my favourite characters in the movie)! Wonder if this won’t be their last (hint, hint)? There were some typos and also quite a few repetitions. Your favourite word for this chapter was definitely “volcano” (duh, volcano power):

“Yes, you went over this with me already. Agility, Fury Swipes, Taunt, and Night Blaze.”

Tajiri rolled his eyes. “Night Daze.”

“Now let’s use Night Blaze!”

“Daze!” Tajiri bellowed from behind him.

“Right. Night Daze!” Jack corrected.
Hurray for Night Daze! Blaze? Daze? Am I dazed too?

Tajiri put his hand on Pintel’s shoulder. “You really want one that bad, mate?” He slipped a Pokeball into Pintel’s hand. “Let’s go find ya one. I know the perfect spot.”
I wondered which one you chose, until:

They all scanned the area for a little while until a large, floating object appeared on the shore. It was a two-headed beast that almost resembled a purple meteorite.
Yay Weezing! I knew Missingno. Master would be happy! (Am I reading his mind now?)

Pintel, Ragetti, Tajiri, and Scyther all walked outside where it was getting darker but still visible. They walked out towards the sea and walked along the beach for a while until they reached a large pile of sticks and logs.
Wow, you love walking, don’t you? Let’s comb it a bit: make the first one “went”, leave the second one as it is, and change the third one to “wandered”.

Scrum gripped his guitar and ran his fingers along the rusty, worn out strings. He found Tajiri and approached him. “I need to find a place where I get new strings,” he said. “Do you know of any place?”
“I need to find new strings,” he said. “Do you know of any place where I can get some?”

As the two walked in the shop, nobody was in there except for a cute Japanese girl with shiny, dark hair. Her hair went all the way down to her elbows.
Make it: “a cute Japanese girl with shiny, dark hair that went all the way down to her elbows”

“I’m so happy you are okay! I heard of your brother’ s passing and I am so sorry to hear about that. I didn’t know if you made it or not.”
Make the first one “learned”.

Komiko quickly shook her head as he kept stringing the guitar.
She

“I know what I am talking about,” Komiko said as he finished the last string.
She

They made a sharper, more harmonic sound then usual and they felt better and more comfortable on his fingers.
Than

Tajiri looked out the door and noticed that the crew was finished repairing the sail on the Pearl.
“Komiko,
it was great seeing you but we really must be going. I will visit you again sometime soon!”
Change paragraph there.

She stopped walking and looked inside. Something inside of her was guiding her and telling her to go inside despite the fact that service was already over.
She stopped walking and looked inside. Something deep in her was guiding her and telling her to enter the building despite the fact that service was already over.

“Doesn’t seem to be active,” Kabutops commented.

“Who cares?” Phantom barked impatiently. “We need to find those Rare Candies now! I’m tired of waiting!”

“Yes, Captain,” Kabutops said. “If I may though, we must not let our patience run out yet. There’s a vast amount of space around the volcano and we still have to find where the chest is before the volcano erupts.”
If it’s not active, how can it erupt (Dunno, it seemed a bit rush)? Also, volcano repetition, but I couldn’t think of a way to change it, without changing the meaning, so I let this for you to decide. Shame on me… And on the volcano for having no synonym… :(

Phantom and Kabutops wandered around the volcano four what seemed like another eternity.
For

Kabutops took a deep breath and his body began glowing as he fired his Hyper Beam around the surface and the base of the volcano. Grass and dirt flew in the air from the ground and the dried magma from the volcano began to crack. He kept this up for a while as the two steadily began walking a circle around the volcano. The beam suddenly weakened and Kabutops’s chest was heaving up and down as he had to take a break. He collapsed to the ground. Phantom walked over to the cracked dry magma in the volcano and whacked it with his sword to see if anything would come out. He wildly swung the gigantic sword into the volcano until a large chunk of the layer of magma broke off. He barely saw what appeared to be the corner of a box sticking out of the next layer of the volcano.
Kabutops took a deep breath and his body began glowing as he fired his Hyper Beam around the surface and the base of the volcano. Grass and dirt flew in the air from the ground and the dried magma began to crack. He kept this up for a while as the two steadily began walking a circle around the volcano. The beam suddenly weakened and Kabutops’ chest was heaving up and down as he had to take a break. He collapsed to the ground. Phantom walked over to the cracked dry magma and whacked it with his sword to see if anything would come out. He barely saw what appeared to be the corner of a box sticking out of the next layer.

Even stronger than Kyogre. I’m ready to do this. I’m not waiting any longer Stand out of the way, Captain.”
Put a full stop there.

Just as Kabutops was about to say something, the two heard a deafening roar from the inside of the volcano. The inside of the volano began trembling and hot lava began oozing out the sides.
Just as Kabutops was about to say something, the two heard a deafening roar from the inside of the volcano, which began trembling and hot lava began oozing out the sides.

“Ya gotta be kidding me,” Phantom said. “Fella can’t handle anything like a man.” He looked at the top of the volcano and saw a creature that was only slightly smaller than Kyogre. He glanced over at Kabutops on the ground and back at the creature. It was a bipedal lizard that was covered in spikes. It had ruby-colored, scaly skin that was also covered in markings similar to the ones Kyogre had. The monster stomped on the top of the volcano and lava splashed from the top, covering the creature completely. The creature slid gracefully down the side of the volcano with the lava until it reached the ground in front of Phantom. “Okay Groudon,” Phantom said as he held his sword out in front of him. “If my Pokemon can’t fight you, then I will.”
Make it “beast”.

Groudon gritted its razor sharp fangs and stared down Phantom with its yellow eyes. The heat and brightness of the sun intensified greatly. Phantom’s skin was suddenly feeling very dry and chapped. He didn’t pay attention to that, however, as he charged at Groudon. He gave his sword a mighty swipe at (Groudon’s) the creature’s neck. Groudon used its colossal claws to quickly strike Phantom and send him flying into a nearby tree. (Phantom) The man checked his chest and noticed the claw marks on him. He ran his hand over the scars. It stung, but the pain didn't seem to affect him that much while his adrenaline was going. He gripped his sword tight as he looked at Groudon, who was ready to charge. “Alright, then. Come on!” he challenged as he stood up.
Just to avoid repetition.

Before Groudon could make a move, it stopped as a metallic clanking noise interrupted. Phantom looked over and saw that Kabutops had shoved his sickles into the ground with great force. He opened his eyes, which were now glowing gold. His muscles all over his body began expanding and his height began increasing, as well. His sickles grew larger and sharper and a new layer of armor rapidly grew over (Kabutops) him. He released a furious cry in a voice louder than he ever mustered in his entire life. He repeatedly rammed his sickles into the ground like a maniac. The sound caused both Groudon and Phantom to flinch each time his sickles struck the ground. A light veil surrounded Kabutops as he stood up to face Groudon. The two Pokemon were standing right in front of each other and took the next minute to silently size each other up. Kabutops cracked his neck and menacingly rubbed his sickles together. “Listen up, Groudon!” he declared. “I will not rest until you are trapped inside my Captain’s Ultra Ball. Prepare yourself, for I am ready! Let us battle!”
Change only that. It’s obvious that it’s Kabutops there. And the last line of Kabutops’ answer could be, in my opinion, something like: “Prepare yourself for battle.” It’s short and says everything there is to be said.

I know I told you that before, but I really love your cliffhangers. Interested to see that mighty battle!

Keep it up.

~Truthfully yours~

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Lovely chapter!!! Zorua got his (her?) first battle...but I was hoping it would be against Ragetti's newly evolved Gyrados...oh well...

Religious refrences? Holy Ghost? God? Bible? I'm officially confused. David battled some Goliath person? This is what I get for not reading the Bible...

Angelica loves Jack. Scrum is hitting on a girl. Hurray for minor romance!

I found something that sort of bugs me, though...

Phantom looked over and saw that Kabutops had shoved his sickles into the ground with great force. He opened his eyes, which were now glowing gold. His muscles all over his body began expanding and his height began increasing, as well. His sickles grew larger and sharper and a new layer of armor rapidly grew over Kabutops. He released a furious cry in a voice louder than he ever mustered in his entire life. He repeatedly rammed his sickles into the ground like a maniac. The sound caused both Groudon and Phantom to flinch each time his sickles struck the ground.

A wee bit repeating yourself, are we? You can access the Thesaurus on Word; highlight the word (in this case, ground) and hit Shift then F7. You can then look at some other words for ground.

That's my only complaint, really. Keep it up!

P.S. My own fanfiction is doing rather well, now. I did a redo, so if you want to read it, go ahead. Just don't bash or steal, please.

Last edited:

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Yep, good chapter is good. Can't wait for the next one, whether it focuses on Pintel's Weezing or the epic Groudon fight. Either way, there will be awesomeness. Well, more than usual, anyway.

Thank you! And I will try to focus on both Weezing and Groudon next chapter. I want to make an attempt to kind of slow down the story and develop the characters and Pokemon more rather than just speeding through the plot. And I agree there will be awesomeness! Hopefully as much awesomeness that there is in The Awesome of Awesomeness!

A very good chapter! It was nice to see Zorua battling for the first time and Pintel finally catching a Pokémon! I liked Komiko’s appearance and the (possible) hints (I hope) you give there for the future. Hurray for Philip’s (and Syrena’s in some way) return (one of my favourite characters in the movie)! Wonder if this won’t be their last (hint, hint)? There were some typos and also quite a few repetitions. Your favourite word for this chapter was definitely “volcano” (duh, volcano power):

Thanks! I'm not sure if I will do anything else with Philip and Syrena yet but I like their characters. Ohhh yes tons of typos and repetitions this chapter I'm just glad you guys are able to catch them for me. I changed all of the mistakes you showed me so thanks for that!

Lovely chapter!!! Zorua got his (her?) first battle...but I was hoping it would be against Ragetti's newly evolved Gyrados...oh well...

Many thanks! And don't worry, Gyarados will get its time.

David battled some Goliath person?

Yes, in 1 Samuel 17. It's pretty easy to look up on Bible Gateway online.

A wee bit repeating yourself, are we? You can access the Thesaurus on Word; highlight the word (in this case, ground) and hit Shift then F7. You can then look at some other words for ground.

Aw man I messed up a lot on repetitions this chapter. I'm glad you were able to catch that; I edited the scene to make it sound better. Thank you!

A little late yes I admit, but it's better then never right?

I'm likeing Zoura, I really am. Night Blaze, Night Daze, what's the difference?

'Bout time Pintel got a Pokemon of his own. Should be interesting to see what Wheezing can do in future chapters aganist Phantom.

In speaking of him, I knew as soon as he told Kabutops to use Hyper Beam that Groudon would awake. Should be an awesome battle next chapter.

I'm glad to see that Phillip is still alive, always wondered where he ended up.

I wonder if he'll make another appearence in both this fic and the next movie(?) or just a one-time character.

At least he gave some good advice on Phantom and on their relationship.

Great chapter as usual can't wait until the next one.

Thanks for the kind words! I am excited on what is to come with the Groudon battle as well. It should be fun to write.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Meep! I'm getting scared, Kabutops might kick Groudon butt, oh dear....and what of the others catching Pokemon? Made any final decisions?

It will be a good fight. I haven't made all of the final decisions yet but the others will definitely get their Pokemon.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Chapter 13

Groudon chomped its gigantic teeth and charged at Kabutops with its claws out. It took an enormous swipe at the shellfish Pokemon’s head. Kabutops bended his body backwards to avoid the attack. He then leaped in the air and slashed Groudon in the face with his sickle. After landing, Kabutops looked at both of his sickles and laughed menacingly.

“This is what real power feels like!” he said. He ran with speed that was nearly doubled and butted his head into Groudon’s gut, knocking it to the ground. “Haha!” he bellowed with a loud, declarative voice that almost didn’t seem like his own. “I expected the great Groudon to put up more of a fight!” He jumped on top of the volcano Pokemon and raised his sickle. Before he could attack, Groudon threw its left claw at Kabutops and knocked him off. It then quickly stood up and growled.

“Quit playin’ around!” Phantom shouted from behind Kabutops. “Knock that beast out!”

“Do not doubt me,” Kabutops snarled. He turned back to Groudon just as it was firing a Flamethrower at him. He released a jet stream of water from his mouth with enough force to be able to put a hole through somebody.

The two attacks collided in midair. Groudon’s Flamethrower, though weak against water, persisted. The heat from the flames began turning some of the water from Kabutops into steam. Kabutops had flashbacks of when he contested his Hyper Beam against Kyogre’s. His face turned hot and his rage grew as he thought about that defeat. In his head, he was promising himself that nothing like that would ever happen again. Kabutops increased the force of his attack until it began overtaking the flames. The stream of water struck Groudon in the chest and was pushing it backwards. Groudon crossed its burly arms and shielded himself with them.

Kabutops ceased fire and used his powerful legs to jump towards Groudon while spinning like a torpedo. Groudon struck him to the ground before he could reach the volcanic beast. Kabutops quickly stood up and began thrusting his sickles at Groudon’s face. Groudon blocked itself with its claws and pounded the ground with its fist, barely missing Kabutops as he somersaulted under Groudon’s legs. Kabutops fired a Hyper Beam at the back of a defenseless Groudon and knocked it onto its stomach.

Kabutops stared at his victim on the ground and exhaled deeply. During the fight, his rage and determination overtook him. He was able to take a moment to absorb everything that had happened. “This power…” he said with amazement. “This power is overwhelming.”

Phantom gaited towards a moaning Groudon as he laughed. “I guess I’ll take it from here,” he said. He took out his Ultra Ball and heaved it at the gigantic Pokemon. Groudon disappeared inside the ball. Kabutops walked next to his Captain and curiously watched the ball shake, hoping it would stop and indicate that the beast was officially captured. He was also hoping to receive some complimentary words from Phantom, but that did not happen.

Suddenly, the Ultra Ball exploded as Groudon emerged from the ball. It rubbed its wound and gave a frighteningly loud roar that nearly knocked Phantom and Kabutops over. “Hehehe, that’s the kind of challenge I want,” Kabutops said. “It would have been too easy otherwise.” With that, he sprayed another powerful stream of water.

With surprising agility, Groudon dodged the attack and dove underground, creating an enormous crater in the earth. Phantom and Kabutops cautiously walked around as they heard Groudon move around underground. The large creature caused a rumbling from underneath Kabutops. “Come out, you coward!” Kabutops challenged.

Almost immediately after Kabutops said that, Groudon jumped out from underground and rammed into Kabutops with its head, sending Kabutops flying high in the air. Groudon’s body began glowing as it motioned towards the sun. The sun seemed to obey it as the rays intensified greatly. Groudon used this solar power to charge up a Solarbeam attack. Kabutops was just landing on the ground in front of a tree when Groudon released the powerful attack. The beam collided with Kabutops and the force from the attack caused the tree to explode, causing bits of bark to rain from the sky.

Smoke arose and covered the area as Phantom stepped forward. “Kabutops?” He received no response for a moment. He found it hard to believe that anyone could withstand an attack like that. He growled in anger as he stared at Groudon. “There goes my first mate.” He then saw glowing within the smoke as it thinned out. “Huh?”

When the smoke completely cleared, it revealed that Kabutops was completely fine as it covered itself with a protective veil. He slowly began walking towards Groudon. The frustrated volcano Pokemon used an intense Flamethrower, hoping to shatter the veil. Kabutops didn’t even flinch as the Flamethrower hit him. He just kept walking forward. Rather than shattering, the veil simply caught on fire. Kabutops looked like a giant fireball as he began running towards his opponent. Groudon roared and began running as well. Right as they met each other in the middle, they attacked simultaneously. Kabutops swung his sickle at the same time Groudon threw its claw. Kabutops was hit in the head and he collapsed to one knee. Groudon groaned in pain as Kabutops had connected with a critical hit.

Though his legs trembled from the pain, Kabutops was able to pull himself up. Groudon’s eyes closed as it’s body went limp and it fell face first once more to the ground. Kabutops was breathing heavy, but he was able to give a give a snide grin to an astonished Phantom. He glanced back at his unconscious opponent. His body was still covered by the veil that was engulfed with flames. He looked back at his captain, who remained speechless. “I am now the strongest Pokemon in the world. Bring on Kyogre.”

-----

The repairs on the Black Pearl were still in progress and taking longer than what everyone was expecting. The sun began lowering itself behind the horizon and the sky was colored pink and purple. The Pearl looked much better after the brutal battle against Phantom and Barbossa. Many of the holes caused by cannon fire were patched up and the trademark black sails were almost complete, as well. Since it was getting closer to evening, Jack made the decision to rest for the remainder of the night and finish up in the morning.

Pintel and Ragetti got off the ship and onto the shore as the rest of the crew sat back for some rum and cards. “I’m tellin’ ya, there’s no point in keeping that useless Magikarp around. You sure you wanna do this?” Pintel asked.

“Sure I’m sure,” Ragetti answered as he let out his Pokemon. The fish flopped its body around on the sand until it reached the water. Even though it swam rather clumsily, it looked pretty comfortable in the ocean.

Pintel laughed and released his Weezing. “Alright then, just don’t get mad at me when I embarrass you both.”

Ragetti hit the back of his back, popping his glass eye out. He cleaned it with his saliva and placed it back in his head. “Let’s get started, then. Magikarp, use Tackle on that gas monster!” With surprising speed, Magikarp leaped out of the water and threw its body at the airborne Weezing.

“Get out of the way!” Pintel shouted. Weezing flew upward and Magikarp zoomed just underneath it. “Now Sludge! Glad I got Tajiri to teach me these moves!” Weezing spewed a foul, black goop from its mouth. Magikarp, who hit the sand after missing Weezing with Tackle, violently jerked its body to the side to dodge the attack.

Ragetti smiled and made a fist. “Good job, Magikarp! Now try to hit it with Tackle again!” Magikarp leaped into the water and from there threw its body at Weezing once more.

“Catch it!” Pintel commanded. Weezing opened its gaping mouth and caught Magikarp in between its teeth. Magikarp was frantically struggling as Weezing tightened its grip. Pintel pointed at a distraught Ragetti and roared with laughter. “Hungry for some seafood, are we? Now finish it with Poison Gas!” Weezing released a gnarly, green gas that flowed from its mouth and out of the pores in its body. It released Magikarp from its mouth. The fish’s mouth slowly opened and closed as it moaned with pain. Its energy was nearly gone.

Ragetti ran over to his Pokemon and began stroking its side. “It’s okay. You fought hard. You’ll beat him one of these days.”

“That’ll be the day!” Ragetti retorted as he congratulated his Weezing.

Ragetti returned his Magikarp into its Pokeball. “I’ll ask Tajiri for a Potion and we’ll get you all better,” he said.

-----

Angelica searched around the entire ship with the intention of finding the captain. “Jack? Jack?” she asked aloud. She eventually found him in one of the private hallways of the ship near his quarters. “I’m glad I found you,” Angelica told Jack. “I need to tell you some important information I just found out.” Jack smiled from the side of his mouth as he walked towards Angelica and grabbed her by the hips. He pulled her close to him and gave her a long kiss. Angelica smiled as she pulled back. “Hmm, I like the greeting, Captain, but I really need to tell you…” Jack held up a finger to indicate that we wanted one more kiss. “When did you get so romantic, Jack?” she asked as she leaned in to lock lips once more.

“When? I’ve always been romantic,” a voice behind them said, causing them both to stop and turn around.

Angelica saw another Jack. She looked at the Jack she just kissed and the one that just walked up. “W-wait, what is going on?!” she demanded.

“Just going to play some cards,” the second Jack answered matter-of-factly. “What’s wrong with that?” He then noticed the first Jack, the one who kissed Angelica. “Wait, what the…?”

The first Jack snickered and changed back into Zorua. Angelica’s eyes became wide and she spat on the ground. “No puedo creer esto! Usted monstruo pervertido! Voy a matar a alguien!” she said quickly in a very angry tone.

Jack rolled his eyes and returned Zorua into its Pokeball. “What have I told you? Don’t use your illusion power unless I command it!” he scolded. He then smiled at Angelica and inched towards her. “Now where did we leave off, love?”

Angelica put her hand on his chest and stopped him from getting closer. “I have something important to tell you but it will have to wait because of your perverted Pokemon!” she yelled. “I’m going to go wash my mouth out!”

Jack shrugged as she stormed away and he headed over to where the crew was playing cards. He joined in and he, Tajiri, and Scyther had played a couple of rounds but quickly lost interest, especially when many of the crew members (namely Scrum) were taking the card games far too seriously. They found a spot over by the helm and engaged in conversation. Much of it was Jack inquiring about Pokemon battling and Tajiri and Scyther taking turns answering questions.

“So a critical hit, that’s when an attack does twice the damage it would usually do because it hits the target in the weak spot, correct?” Jack asked.

“Correct,” Tajiri said.

“I’ve been hit by a few of them in my lifetime and let me tell you, they are not pleasant,” Scyther said. “When a critical hit is paired up with a Super Effective attack, that’s even worse.” He cringed at that thought.

“I enjoy all the insight I’ve received about these creatures and this world of Pokemon,” Jack said. “I have a question for you, Scyther. I want to know your story. You’re a bad guy then suddenly a good guy. What’s the deal with that?”

“I’m curious to know, as well,” Tajiri said.

Scyther took a deep breath and looked at the ground for a second. He looked over at Tajiri then at Jack. He tapped his foot as he took a moment to figure out where to start.

“Is it a sensitive subject?” Tajiri asked. “You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.”

“No, no, it’s something I should talk about,” Scyther said. “I shouldn’t keep this bottled up.”

My older brother was all I had in life. He was the only one I remember growing up with, anyway. I always thought he was my father until I was old enough to understand that my parents both passed away when I was a larva. He spoke the human language well and did his best to teach me. I went from saying nothing but my name to being able to at least speak broken sentences. “You are how?” I would greet my brother.

“No, brother,” he said. “You say, ‘How are you?’”

“How…” I hesitated. “…are you?”

“I’m doing well, thank you!” my enthuastic brother said with a big smile and happiness in his voice.

We lived in a vast forest in Johto, a nation adjacent to Kanto, with many of our kind as well as other bug Pokemon. Pinsir, Caterpie, Beedrill, and many others all lived together in that forest. My brother was the strongest Pokemon there and seemed to be the unofficial leader. As well as myself, he took care of many of the bug Pokemon in the forest and did well in fighting off any threats. Everybody looked up to him. Despite being the most powerful Pokemon in the forest, he never acted like it. He was very humble and kind and I rarely saw him angry, if at all.

Most of my fighting ability comes from my lessons my brother gave me. He was a very patient and good teacher, showing me how to effectively use my blade arms to my advantage as well as my speed and Protect ability. The only thing he would always tell me is to be more assertive and unafraid to use my strength. “Don’t be so timid,” he would say. “You are much stronger than you give yourself credit for. Just have confidence in yourself.”

Numerous times he would have me spar against this large Pinsir who lived near us. I felt like I had the technique down with my fighting during practice, but it was terrifying for me to square off against another Pokemon. The Pinsir would always knock me down over and over. I tried using my attacks, but I would always hold back and never deal that much damage. ”Don’t be afraid to use your power!” my brother said as I would spar. “I know you are stronger than that!” he encouraged. I would always quietly back off every time Pinsir came at me. My timidity is what led to the worst experience of my life.

I remember that night. My brother and I were eating a feast of Oran and Sitrus berries for dinner. Those were our favorite foods. We would always find the most creative ways to cut the berries down from the trees with our attacks. We would even have contests to see who could cut the berries down in the coolest way. Suddenly, there was a disturbance nearby. Many of the bug Pokemon were frantic and running away from two large, imposing figures. They were, of course, Phantom and Kabutops. They were cutting and slicing their way through the forest and hurting Pokemon as they were doing it. Those two monsters were on a mission looking for Kyogre. They were letting nothing stand in their way.

“Stop what you’re doing right now!” my brother shouted to them as he dropped his berries and headed towards them. I followed close behind.

“Who’s gonna make us? You?” Phantom asked as he held his sword out and Kabutops had his sickles out.

“I can carve you up easily my friend, so stand out of our way,” Kabutops threatened.

“I won’t let you harm any more Pokemon in here!” my brother declared.

Before I knew it, my brother and Kabutops were locked in a duel. Kabutops was swinging his sickles as my brother countered with his blade arms. I was in such shock about what was happening that I didn’t even had the sense to help him at first. I reluctantly joined the fight but I remember Kabutops knocking me to the ground with his foot. He got me square in the head. I was too afraid and in pain to get up. I stupidly allowed my brother to try and take care of the situation by himself. That fight is something I replay in my head every day. It pains me to know that I could have been useful to my brother in that fight but I wasn’t. I lay there the whole time like a timid, passive coward.

Phantom swung his sword at my brother and he dodged the attack, but he was so distracted by Phantom that he didn’t see Kabutops come in and shove his sickle through his stomach. The one that I have loved unlike any other in this world was killed instantly. I desperately tried heading my way to his body but I was in such bad shape that I physically couldn’t do it. Tears ran down my eyes and I felt as though I was choking on the lump in my throat. I was hoping to awake from a nightmare but it never happened. The last thing I remember before passing out was being taken away by Phantom. I heard him scold Kabutops for killing such a strong Pokemon that could have been of use for them in their mission. They picked me up and took me with them, saying that if I ended up being anything like my brother that I could be useful to them.

The blow I took to my head caused amnesia. For a while I couldn’t remember the horrible things that Phantom and Kabutops did to my brother. They had me believe that he died in an accident and that they saved me. Kabutops, though he was strict and rough with me, taught me a lot and I looked up to him. As time went on, my memory of what really happened to my brother eventually returned. One would think that after I got my memory back that I would retaliate against Kabutops and want to kill him for what he did but…. I just couldn’t. This sounds horrible and it doesn’t seem to make sense, but in a strange way, Kabutops filled the void of the mentor figure that I desperately needed in my life. I was too passive, too weak, too timid to do or say anything about my brother around Kabutops. Looking back on it, I really wish I had. After all the time we spent together, Kabutops left me for dead and cared nothing about me during our battle with you guys. That’s when I came to my senses and joined the Black Pearl crew.

Jack and Tajiri looked at each other and then back at Scyther. They were speechless for a while as they had no idea what to say to such a story. “I’m… I’m very sorry,” Tajiri said as Scyther began tearing up.

“I loved my brother so much, why did I let him die? Why didn’t I fight harder? Why did I put so much trust in and follow the Pokemon who I know killed my brother? I feel like such a disgrace! My brother probably died realizing that I didn’t love him enough to be more brave and fight hard for him!” Scyther said as the tears continued.

“You are not a disgrace,” Jack said. “I’ve seen great things from you, especially during our last battle against Phantom and Barbossa’s crew. Even though it may have taken a little while, it looks to me like you’ve been taking your brother’s advice about being more assertive and using your strength more.”

“That’s right,” Tajiri said. “Your brother went in an honorable way and he died knowing that you loved him more than anyone else on Earth. Trust me, I had a brother who passed away at the hands of Kyogre so I know your pain. I’ve had some of the same doubts you are having now. Do not worry. Your brother taught you well and you both obviously have had positive impacts on each other.”

“Thank you both,” Scyther said. “It is men like you that I should have searched for in a mentor rather than Kabutops.”

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Great chapter, only a few errors I should point out.

*You referred to Pintel's Weezing as a Koffing for about half the battle.
*Weezing can't learn Bite.
*Kabutops hasn't been able to learn Hydro Pump since RBY. Dunno if this was intentional, though, seeing as it has been able to learn the move at one point.

Heh, loved the part where Zorua posed as Jack to kiss Angelica, though. Like trainer, like Pokemon.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
*You referred to Pintel's Weezing as a Koffing for about half the battle.

I have no idea what I was thinking there. Thanks for correcting me, I just edited that.

*Weezing can't learn Bite.

This is true, and I shouldn't have referred to it as a Bite attack. I just wanted Weezing to comically catch Magikarp in that gigantic mouth. I changed it.

Kabutops hasn't been able to learn Hydro Pump since RBY. Dunno if this was intentional, though, seeing as it has been able to learn the move at one point.

You are correct. I actually did not know that. Learn something new every day! I guess I just assume that pretty much every water or part water type can use it but I was wrong so I edited it. Thanks!

I appreciate the review!

Last edited:

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
I have arrived bringing yet another review! Feel free to start clapping. JK.

Well this chapter was great as usual, but it was missing our favorite peg-legged Captain. I was hoping to see what became of him and his "accquired" submarine.

Moving on to relevant things, the Groudon battle, very exciting. Unfortunately it ended with Groudon knocked out, which only serves to make things a living hell for Jack and Co.

Also, a question. What will Phantom use to capture Groudon now that his Ultra Ball is in fragments? Just something I saw.

When will Magikarp's time to shine come? Ragetti's Magikarp has brought honor to the Magikarp species. It didn't win, but it sure put up a fight.

I hope the Zoura antics continue, I really do. Always funny to read.

Sycther's backstory was a little unexpected, but sad none the less. I feel for him.

Awesome chapter, can't wait for the next one.

And if you could do me a favor, please check out my new fanfic. Link is in my sig.

'Til events require me to post again,