• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pixel Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I disagree, I think more people who are actually in our guild voted for RU.

You said I could run this how I want to run it and this is how I choose to run it. Doesn't matter what you think since you gave me the okay :D

The Facebook nom is Mega Metagross

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit/Grass Knot/Hammer Arm

Mega Metagross is a fantastic mon to use right now due to its sheer power and the fact that it probably should've been banned in its suspect test. Tough claws was pretty much a godsend for it, paired with base 110 speed allowing it to match the speed of Latis, and outspeed many of the other mons in the tier. Meteor mash is a fantastic stab move paired with the chance of an attack boost just makes it even more threatening. Zen Headbutt hits most of the things that would shrug off a meteor mash with a few exceptions. Ice Punch is great for hitting Landorus-T which is a common check to Metagross, along with Garchomp and others. Metagross actually has a lot of options for it's final move, ranging from Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Agility, to even Grass Knot. I like the option of pursuit a lot because it then uses its ability to stop mons like the Latis cold in their tracks, and proceeds to eliminate them for other members of the team making their job easier. Grass Knot mainly acts as something to hit slowbro/king. And hammer arm is for coverage onto steels. Metagross also has the added benefit of amazing typing and ridiculous bulk, it should probably be suspected again.

Last edited:

DrasticPhase

Half ded
Mega_Lopunny.png

Lopunny @ Loppunite
Ability: Limber -> Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Mega Lopunny is one of the best Megas out there in OU. Sporting a high base 136 Atk and base 135 Speed. It has great neutral coverage alone with a STAB 130 High Jump Kick and STAB 102 Return. These two moves would be hitting everything neutrally besides ghost, but with her fantastic ability of Scrappy, Ghosts are not a problem. Let's not forget about her pre mega ability of Limber. Lopunny may switch into a predicted Thunder Wave an she won't get affected by it. Her speed is also great with a high base 135 speed to outspeed things like Gengar, Latios, Raikou, etc.

Mega Lopunny staple moves are Return and HJK due to the fact they are high BP moves and are STAB. Usually, you would see something like Ice Punch and Fake Out as the last two moves, but instead, she has SubPass. With HJK + Return, Mega Lopunny is a physical threat teams should worry about. With SubPass, she can also support the team with passing Substitutes. It is also useful for avoiding statuses since Mega Lopunny does not appreciate paralysis, burns, and poison. Another thing SubPass is useful for things that has Protect, such as Diancie, Chansey, and Clefable. If the matchup isn't favorable, you can always Baton Pass out.

Overall, Mega Lopunny can be annoying to deal with when you have the right team support to cover her flaws.​

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Don't forget if you want to nominate a pokemon, nominations end tomorrow!

CCAT Voting Time!

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified --> Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect/Ice Punch

Overview: Mega Gallade sports a fantastic base 165 base attack as well as 120 and 90 BP STAB moves in Close Combat and Zen Headbutt. Along with Knock Off to mess with defensive teams and all sorts of switch-ins, it really packs a punch and brings utility. It even has a nice base 110 (80 before Mega Evolvong) base speed to speed tie with the Lati twins, Mega Metagross, and Gengar. It hits a lot of physical walls hard such as Landorus, Gliscor, Ferrothorn, and MegaVenusaur and can muscle its way past some switch-ins that rely on resistances to check it.

Moves:
Close Combat: Hits anything that doesn't resist it or is immune to it hard while hitting most steels for Super Effective damage making it extremely spamable later to clean up.
Knock Off : HUGE utility getting rid of Leftovers for defensive answers and power boost items such as choice items and Life Orbs for offensive teams.
Zen Headbutt: Rounds off coverage and gives Gallade a hard hitting STAB that doesn't lower defenses. Also hits Venusuar for Super Effectively.
Protect: Scouting and free Mega Evolve/Ice Punch: Hits flying types Super Effectively and hits 2HKO's defensive Gliscor and Landorus-T after SR.

Why Gallade?: Mega Gallade seems underrated, yet it hits hard and 2HKO's a ton of physical walls meaning teammates have to do less work. It has Knock Off to slowly wear down stall teams and get rid of their item and hits Ghost types for huge damage that try to eat a Close Combat. However, it needs support and can't function on its own and would give us a good chance to really make it shine.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit/Grass Knot/Hammer Arm

Mega Metagross is a fantastic mon to use right now due to its sheer power and the fact that it probably should've been banned in its suspect test. Tough claws was pretty much a godsend for it, paired with base 110 speed allowing it to match the speed of Latis, and outspeed many of the other mons in the tier. Meteor mash is a fantastic stab move paired with the chance of an attack boost just makes it even more threatening. Zen Headbutt hits most of the things that would shrug off a meteor mash with a few exceptions. Ice Punch is great for hitting Landorus-T which is a common check to Metagross, along with Garchomp and others. Metagross actually has a lot of options for it's final move, ranging from Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Agility, to even Grass Knot. I like the option of pursuit a lot because it then uses its ability to stop mons like the Latis cold in their tracks, and proceeds to eliminate them for other members of the team making their job easier. Grass Knot mainly acts as something to hit slowbro/king. And hammer arm is for coverage onto steels. Metagross also has the added benefit of amazing typing and ridiculous bulk, it should probably be suspected again.

Mega_Lopunny.png

Lopunny @ Loppunite
Ability: Limber -> Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Mega Lopunny is one of the best Megas out there in OU. Sporting a high base 136 Atk and base 135 Speed. It has great neutral coverage alone with a STAB 130 High Jump Kick and STAB 102 Return. These two moves would be hitting everything neutrally besides ghost, but with her fantastic ability of Scrappy, Ghosts are not a problem. Let's not forget about her pre mega ability of Limber. Lopunny may switch into a predicted Thunder Wave an she won't get affected by it. Her speed is also great with a high base 135 speed to outspeed things like Gengar, Latios, Raikou, etc.

Mega Lopunny staple moves are Return and HJK due to the fact they are high BP moves and are STAB. Usually, you would see something like Ice Punch and Fake Out as the last two moves, but instead, she has SubPass. With HJK + Return, Mega Lopunny is a physical threat teams should worry about. With SubPass, she can also support the team with passing Substitutes. It is also useful for avoiding statuses since Mega Lopunny does not appreciate paralysis, burns, and poison. Another thing SubPass is useful for things that has Protect, such as Diancie, Chansey, and Clefable. If the matchup isn't favorable, you can always Baton Pass out.

Overall, Mega Lopunny can be annoying to deal with when you have the right team support to cover her flaws.

Last edited:

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Gallade cause it is underrated and doesn't even have an OU set on Smogon ;-;

Voting will end after tomorrow.

Flare votes for Mega Metagross and thus a three way tie until someone else votes.

Last edited:

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Facebook is also voting MGross and that bring the tally to 3-1-3. It's a tie peeps and Lopunny isn't that far behind. It is still pretty close.

Also, just a heads up since I'm mentioning it in this CCAT, if anyone is interesting in the Facebook group, let me know I can send you details.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

CCAT News
It is a tie between Mega Gallade and Mega MMetagross so they both will be added to the team! one more round of voting between the two only will commence and end tomorrow.

I'm voting Mega Gallade.

Facebook vote for Meta Metagross

Last edited:

Yellow De Viridian Grove

CCAT voting ends later tonight in about 12 hours! So far the vote is 3-1 with Mega Gallade in the lead!

Well Gallade goes through and is our first Pokemon on the team! Now it is time to vote for a play style for the team. Nominations are open.

Facebook nominatesfor Hyper Offense. Voting ends after Friday.

Last edited:

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Sorry for my leave.
Got work experience today, basically picking up leaves for 6 hours.

And I vote for Hyper Offense cause you only yolo once.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

CCAT News!
Well seeing as Hyper Offense was basically voted during the nomination stage, who cares and that is what we will build lol. So now noms for our second pokemon shall commence.

Status
Not open for further replies.