• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pixel Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Ok, so I've been gone for about a week and a half and didn't update the records at all, so let me explain where I've been.

On April 9th, I've picked up Batman Arkham Origins and got sucked into an unexpected Batman Arkham marathon (If you have the money, get all 3 Batman Arkham games or at the very least, get Asylum and City. If you have a PS4/XB1, get Arkham Knight too) Only just now did i truly finish everything I wanted to do in the Bat-a-Thon. I update everyone with their XP, Shards, and their battle record. I feel so bad for taking a leave without a notice.

To maybe bring up a discussion,Smogon is looking onto Baton Pass to see if it needs to be suspected./ Thoughts on this?

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3

I'm actually surprised that they wanted to do that. I said the same thing almost a week ago...I don't think it is even necessary to ban Baton Pass, especially since not that many people use something like a Curse-Pass Umbreon or a Shell-Pass Huntail. Not to mention, its just as much of a risk as it is a reward *cough*Swagger*cough* since you are setting up just to give another pokemon a potential upgrade.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Baton Pass had everything it needs this gen to one-up pretty much everything that isn't odd or only works once. Baton Pass just gets free momentum everywhere nowadays. If you aren't packing Talonflame or MegaPinsir, you are going to have a tough time. Scoliopede+Espeon really put pressure on the opponent since Scoliopede gets at least one free Speed Boost or more while able to SD or Iron Defense and start the chain. Espeon just just screw you to Taunt and phasing. Sure, Baton Pass teams need 2-4 of the same members on every team, but it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

My main argument for why it should be banned is because it extremely creative. To be reliable, a BP teams needs Espeon/Scoliopede/Sylveon/potentially Vaporeon or Smeargle. Since it gets switch advantage, it can easily get the boosts according to the pokemon that is currently out. It just seems too algorithmic and unhealthy.

Tipsy Watermelon

Change is coming.
I am free for some battles now if anyone wants any. I will be on the main PS server as Dragon King Slice.

Ok, so I've been gone for about a week and a half and didn't update the records at all, so let me explain where I've been.

On April 9th, I've picked up Batman Arkham Origins and got sucked into an unexpected Batman Arkham marathon (If you have the money, get all 3 Batman Arkham games or at the very least, get Asylum and City. If you have a PS4/XB1, get Arkham Knight too) Only just now did i truly finish everything I wanted to do in the Bat-a-Thon. I update everyone with their XP, Shards, and their battle record. I feel so bad for taking a leave without a notice.

To maybe bring up a discussion,Smogon is looking onto Baton Pass to see if it needs to be suspected./ Thoughts on this?

Arkham Knight is one of the games I am waiting to get. I might play through the others again before its release.

Tipsy Watermelon

Change is coming.
Opponent: Rider Of Aeons
Nation: Cala Tussa
Class/Level: Boss
Win/Loss: Loss
Score: 1-0 loss
Streak number:
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-112066567
Additional comments: Worst hax I have had in a long time >_>

Win/Loss: Loss
Score: 3-0 loss
Streak number:
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-112072016
Additional comments: GG to you :D

Win/Loss: win
Score: 2-0 win
Streak number:
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-112075114
Additional comments: Again, good game to you.

Win/Loss: win
Score: 3-0 win
Streak number:
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-112084156
Additional comments: Baton pass team still surprises. I did almost mess up near the end though.

Last edited:

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
My whole thoughts on the baton pass thing is that it removes the need for strategy and moreso follows a flowchart than anything. It's simple, start off with scolipede and get a free speed boost, if the opponent has taunt then switch out to espeon and get another free calm mind boost up, and espeon is even able to learn moves to kill taunt users with ease, especially with the calm mind boost up. Even if you're able to stop it the first time it means nothing unless you have something that can kill scolipede with priority like talonflame.

It can be a real pain in the *** to go against someone who actually knows what they're doing with a baton pass team and without a team or pokemon to counter it, it's pretty much a lost game.

KamenAeons

Demon Legion (◕‿◕✿)
With regards to the Baton Pass situation, I find that it adds variety to the mix and provides players with a need to adjust in order to ease the problems of Baton Pass. Case in point: My battle with Garnet.

That said, it's not the end-all clause of the battle. I was somehow able to take it down the target of Baton Pass despite still losing. Of course, Smogon likes to have dead certain chances, no? Not anything to do with luck or whatnot.

I'm back-ish at least in around six hours i missed this page when I out of town so to say.
Anyone want to battle later this week?

Yellow De Viridian Grove

With regards to the Baton Pass situation, I find that it adds variety to the mix and provides players with a need to adjust in order to ease the problems of Baton Pass. Case in point: My battle with Garnet.

That said, it's not the end-all clause of the battle. I was somehow able to take it down the target of Baton Pass despite still losing. Of course, Smogon likes to have dead certain chances, no? Not anything to do with luck or whatnot.

Smogon is mainly discussing Full Baton Pass Teams. Not just the move itself, but full teams dedicated to it. Most peeps see competitive value in the move, just not a whole chain. Garnet's team is fine where as one using a full team dedicated to Baton Pass is just annoying.

DrasticPhase

Half ded
Baton Pass had everything it needs this gen to one-up pretty much everything that isn't odd or only works once. Baton Pass just gets free momentum everywhere nowadays. If you aren't packing Talonflame or MegaPinsir, you are going to have a tough time. Scoliopede+Espeon really put pressure on the opponent since Scoliopede gets at least one free Speed Boost or more while able to SD or Iron Defense and start the chain. Espeon just just screw you to Taunt and phasing. Sure, Baton Pass teams need 2-4 of the same members on every team, but it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

My main argument for why it should be banned is because it extremely creative. To be reliable, a BP teams needs Espeon/Scoliopede/Sylveon/potentially Vaporeon or Smeargle. Since it gets switch advantage, it can easily get the boosts according to the pokemon that is currently out. It just seems too algorithmic and unhealthy.

There should also be another pokemon for a reliable BP team. Mr. Mime. Mr.Mime blocks out Perish Song with Soundproof. Although uncommon, Perish Song stops Baton Pass chains along with Taunt and Roar/Whirlwind. Mr. Mime imo, should always be in BP teams just because of Perish Song.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

There should also be another pokemon for a reliable BP team. Mr. Mime. Mr.Mime blocks out Perish Song with Soundproof. Although uncommon, Perish Song stops Baton Pass chains along with Taunt and Roar/Whirlwind. Mr. Mime imo, should always be in BP teams just because of Perish Song.

True. SO pretty much 4/5 of the pokemon are locked lol.

Ajduk

Eh, what the hell xD

Serebii username: Ajduk
PS Username: Sorin
Wifi FC: 4227-2057-1261
Preferred Nation: Nariya
Which class within the division: Healer

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
Hey all! I haven't posted in a while but I have been working fairly hard at team building for my gym. I was just wondering if/when this was going to happen?

Edit:
I will also be on Xat if anyone wants to hang out and chat for a while

Tipsy Watermelon

Change is coming.
I have updated all my stuff so far.

Hey all! I haven't posted in a while but I have been working fairly hard at team building for my gym. I was just wondering if/when this was going to happen?

Edit:
I will also be on Xat if anyone wants to hang out and chat for a while

Welcome back :D
It should be happening very soon. I have just been busy moving house recently, so once I have finished unpacking I will get back to making the league :)

Eh, what the hell xD

Serebii username: Ajduk
PS Username: Sorin
Wifi FC: 4227-2057-1261
Preferred Nation: Nariya
Which class within the division: Healer

Welcome to Pixel Dreams :D

Battle:

Opponent: SEdive07
Win/Loss: Win
Score: 4-0 win
Streak number:
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-112718213
Additional comments:

Last edited:

Adaptable Porygon-Z

Just putting it out there, if people would like a pokémon bred for them, just vm/pm me and I will let ye know if I have the pokemon/eggmove/ability desired. I am kind of bored at the moment, as well as trying to procrastinate before exams, so :D The pokémon will be 5 iv at the least. These will be for free ( 1 per person), Unless ye want to give me something in return :D

Status
Not open for further replies.