• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pkmn soulsilver team

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Ok and water types are gonna destroy that dragonite you need T-Bolt instead of surf

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
DD-boosted STAB Dragon Claw deals MORE DAMAGE on Water-Types than unboosted SE T-Bolt.

Especially since D-Nite has higher Attack than SAtk.

There's really no point at all in having Thunderbolt on Dragonite.

The only exception to that is Empoleon, whose Steel typing causes it to take less damage from Dragon, but there's still no point in wasting a move slot to counter just 1 Pokemon.

Kind of weird that Thunderpunch is the only Elemental Punch to be one word.

character limit, that's why

Kays

Lati-twins <3
^
DD-boosted STAB Dragon Claw deals MORE DAMAGE on Water-Types than unboosted SE T-Bolt.

Especially since D-Nite has higher Attack than SAtk.

There's really no point at all in having Thunderbolt on Dragonite.

The only exception to that is Empoleon, whose Steel typing causes it to take less damage from Dragon, but there's still no point in wasting a move slot to counter just 1 Pokemon.
Correction: While Steel types resist a total of 11 types and 1 immunity, they however do not resist Electric-type attacks. Empoleon is still 2x weak against an Electric assault.

Other than that, I totally agree with Shine.

Ok and water types are gonna destroy that dragonite you need T-Bolt instead of surf
It doesn't always require a SUPER-EFFECTIVE hit to kill a Pokemon. Neutral damage is still decent. A Dragonite STAB Outrage does tons of damage. Quite possibly more than your Thunderbolt, if boosted. So in general, Outrage is better. Thunderbolt is only Super-Effective against 2 types of Pokemon: Flying and Water. Not to mention that Electric has competition from Ground (immunity), and 3 other types that resist it. Dragon-type attacks have only one resistance: Steel.

Last edited:
Okay, thank you all for the advices,
I havent made a movement cuz ima show you the natures

Metagross
Brave
Att, 346. Def, 314. SpA, 244. SpD 235. Spe 173
Leftovers
Psychic, zen headbutt, earthquake, iron head.

Salamance
Timid
Atk, 286. Def, 194. ApA, 250. SpD, 192, speed 260
Dragon pulse, heatwave, hydro pump, stone edge

Venusaur
Naughty
Att, 236. Def, 213. Spa 256. Spd 219 speed 182
Miracle seed
Giga drain, earthquake, sludge bomb, power whip

Swampert
Modest
Att 338, def 240, spa 232. Spd 211, speed 163
Mystic water
Hydro pump, hammer arm, earthq, ice beam

Dragonite
Bold
Att 274 def 253, spa 237, spd 229, speed 203
Leftovers
Aqua tail, ice b, t bolt, flame th

Charizard
Gentle
Charcoal
Att 199, def 170, spa 255, spd 205, speed 251
Fly, heatwave, earhq, thndrpnch

I should have post it like this since the beginig to get more assistance,
Thanks in advance

Kays

Lati-twins <3
I'm rating them semi-competitively. And letting you know what is good and bad. That's not to say that they are bad in-game because the game isn't too competitive. You can win with a Lv 100 Kricketot. hehe

1. Metagross
Ouch, brave nature killed it. That gives Metagross -10% in attack power. And -20% if it had a +Attack nature. Use Adamant.

2. Salamence
Timid isn't a nature I would use on a Salamence since I want to BOOST his speed without lowering his power. Currently, your Salamence won't hit as hard as it should be. Use Jolly or Adamant.

3. Venusaur
It's okay. Run the Swords Dance set. But -10% Special Defense can result in a short-lived Venusaur. Use Jolly.

4. Swampert
Adamant would've been better, playing toward Swampert's better Attack stat over Sp. Attack. But Modest is not the worst. Know that his Sp. Attack will most likely not catch up to his Attack. By your stats, it's already 100 points off. Use Adamant.

5. Dragonite
Bold on Dragonite is not good. His Attack stat is now reduced significantly. Try Adamant or Jolly.

6. Charizard
Gentle is hardly useful anywhere. Just no. Use Timid.

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Hey rafatlas, are you considering the posts on your thread?
Swampert@Leftovers
Adamant nature
-Avalanche
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Curse or Hammer arm.
Metagross@Expert belt
-Bullet punch/Ice punch
-Zen headbutt
-Earthquake
-Agility/Meteor mash
Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamamt nature or Jolly, just like Kays say
-Dragon dance
-Dragon claw/Outrage
-Fire punch
-Earthquake
Its the last time i help in here, cause you don't wanna use anyone moveset...

Last edited:

Kays

Lati-twins <3
Hey rafatlas, are you considering the posts on your thread?
Swampert@Leftovers
Adamant nature
-Avalanche
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Curse or Hammer arm.
Metagross@Expert belt
-Bullet punch/Ice punch
-Zen headbutt
-Earthquake
-Agility/Meteor mash
Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamamt nature or Jolly, just like Kays say
-Dragon dance
-Dragon claw/Outrage
-Fire punch
-Earthquake
Its the last time i help in here, cause you don't wanna use anyone moveset...
I think he plans to set the nature correct first. Too many options can be overwhelming to some people who are not used to it.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Dragonite:
Thunder
Dragon Dance
Blizzard
Aqua tail

Venasaur:
Protect
Leech Seed
Sludge bomb
Power whip

Swampert:
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Hydro cannon

Charizard:
Heat wave
Smokescreen (May help)
Will-O-Wisp
Fly

Salamance:
Fire blast
Dragon Claw
Rock wrecker
Thunder Fang

My sixth pokemon always varies..
I use either feraligator (just cuz hes my starter)
Blasoise
Snorlax
Or gengar..

I really think gengar would be my sixth with:
Sludge bomb
Psychic
Shadow ball
Dark pulse

I would like a recommendation on my sixth pokemon, whether i should use gengar or snorlax..
Ps: i do not care at all about the natures, please dont tell me what i already know

You do need to worry about the natures. That is the backbone in competitive battling. It also determines what moves need to be used, what items need to be used, and whether or not it should be bred or not. I bred my old Seismitoad with a Corsola and now I have a have a Seismitoad with an Adamant nature, arguably the best nature a Seismitoad could get. Try going into detail, please. It will help.

To be honest, I need a fully detailed presentation of this team. What are their natures? What items are they currently holding? Also, I'd recommend Snorlax for more Bulk and reliable support. If you have one on your PC box, what is its' nature, characteristic, and item? You may need to breed with this team.

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I think he plans to set the nature correct first. Too many options can be overwhelming to some people who are not used to it.

Yes. Sorry if i was being an idiot rafatlas. Ya know Kays, its strange when suggested something and the other disconsider, its strange i say. Thanks for advicing me of my Rudeness.
Hey Falcario, Dragon dance into a Special Dragonite don't fits to well, i would use DD into a Physical D-nite...

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
THIS THREAD IS FULL OF SOME MEANINGLESS STUFF, HOLY CHRIST

i'm pretty sure the OP has gotten everything he/she needs for their team... just that looking through 3 pages of mostly **** is tiring

also, if the moveset has been mentioned already DON'T REPOST because there's a good chance that you're moveset is gonna suck
posting thousands of movesets is just gonna confuse the OP

yes i'm raging but it's the meaningful kind that has to be done

@ rafatlas - for natures, they aren't the most important ingame but if you wanna get the most out of your pokemon, use the natures that kays recommended earlier. It may require some rebreeding though which you may not wanna do
also, keep doing what you are doing which is updating thread posters whith your changes. thanks!

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
^1. Read the rules stop cursing
2. We try to help a guy out if you are getting bored create a thread about your team
3. When we re-say things its reassure him its a great moveset
4. Natures are very important for how movesets play out, but not entirely we just recomend them
5. Look at all the things you just said and look at how stupid you sound

Kays

Lati-twins <3
^1. Read the rules stop cursing
2. We try to help a guy out if you are getting bored create a thread about your team
3. When we re-say things its reassure him its a great moveset
4. Natures are very important for how movesets play out, but not entirely we just recomend them
5. Look at all the things you just said and look at how stupid you sound
Just a bit of advice: when you want to "reassure" someone that something is "great," thrashing the sets that people post without a legitimate reason doesn't help. If anything, it causes more chaos and confusion. The OP is probably thinking "Fire Punch or Flamethrower?" over and over. For example:

Dont do Fire Punch just keep Flamethrower! That set up there isnt that amzing heres much better set

Dragonite
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Dance
-Thunder
-Earthquake
You didn't explain why Fire Punch is inferior to Flamethrower. And you didn't explain why a set up is "isn't that amazing." Please don't thrash someone else's movesets just because you happen to personally like Flamethrower over Fire Punch. Give a reason why you think so.

No keep thunder or put in thunder bolt for those nasty water types that spam their Ice Beam. That sounds smarter! Also Flamethrower was stronger to begin with and gets a boost so Fire Punch is not the answer
Define why having an Electric attack "sounds smarter." Ice Beam can be used by Dragons, amongst many other types. Which of the 4 moves that you posted above is super-effective against Dragon-types? Handling just Water isn't the answer. You're being far too restrictive and caught up on Water-types that you're failing to see the whole picture. And like you said, nature does help in the power of a move. But so do base stats. Dragonite's base Attack power is clearly higher than his Sp. Attack. Just because Flamethrower has higher base strength than Fire Punch, that doesn't necessarily mean that it is stronger because Fire Punch is a Physical attack, drawing its power from Dragonite's higher base Attack power.

Please don't take this post too personally. I do hope that it helps you in future ratings.

Last edited:

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
@JAWS
I'm giving good advice too if you're smart enough to have realized
Agree with Kays on your great reassuring you've been doing here
Also I don't think I've said anything against the OP or other raters in terms of natures

And I'm saying some legitiment stuff in that post. IGRMT is turned into ****. ask anyone who's been here for a while. you may think this is standard because you've recently joined.. but it's not.
It's you new guys who need to pull this place up.

please try to accept at least a little of this explicit extremely constructive critisism

When I first came to this forum, there were many trolls/amazing raters (alcario lol) who dropped f-bombs on me. but that's how I got better

Kays

Lati-twins <3
rafatlas23 asks me how one would change nature. I answered it and I think it's valuable to copypasta here as well:

You can't. You have to get them in those natures. The only way is to catch them as is, or breed. But look at our movesets first because you may want to breed over some moves.

Breeding to the nature you want isn't as hard as you think. Getting those moves may be harder. The easiest way to breed over nature is to capture tons of Ditto. Try to get a Ditto of each nature, or at least the ones you need. Then breed a Ditto holding an Everstone with the Pokemon you want. This increases the egg's nature to Ditto's by 50%! But of course, breed the moves first, then breed via Ditto. ;)

The good thing about Ditto is that you can catch them once, and just transfer them over to other games as you see fit. There's no need to catch those Dittos in every game. ;) Well, at least those games that allows for Natures.

This is different in HGSS in which the nature of the one carrying the Everstone is always passed down.

Im not ignoring anyone.. Im just seeing all probablilities shown and provided...
Thanks to all once again...
And as you all know.. Im new to this competitive sets.. All ive ever played is ingame...
Therefore.. All my sets are from moves i like on my pkmn... And for such i searched help...

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
sorry about the "raging" (or just very constructive critisism) if it bothered you

just saying, that the sets we've provided you aren't competitive. They're just really good in-game sets xD

good luck

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I know rafatlas, sorry me for being an idiot. But when whe say "Don't put Psychic and Zen headbutt together" we are talking because we know something. With 2 moves from the same type get together in the same poke, he start to became useless, cause he is losting a chance to SE Damage another type. I gonna use Gallade as an example
Gallade
-Psycho cut
-Psychic
-Close combat
-Brick break
I am losting a chance to cover some other pokemon weakness understand? If you don't understand something, don't hesitate to ask okay? And please, think 9784376558 of times before using JAWS moveset, ask to someone here in IGRMT if is a good moveset okay?

Emeraldfan

Hmm, can't they find something SOPA like to ban people who are posting rubbish? It seems such a thing would get support ;)

I saw Kays cursing on Brave nature somewhere, saying that it lowers attack. It doesn't, speed is lowered, attack is boosted. Brave can be used, but go with a CB or Lefties set w/o Agility in that case. Something like:

Meteor Mash / Iron Head
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Ice Punch

would probably do.

Oh, and rafatlas, since your last update post there've been a lot of comments. Would you be mad at me if I asked you to post your updated team (with all changes and stuff) next? Right now I don't really know what to rate..

Kays

Lati-twins <3
I saw Kays cursing on Brave nature somewhere, saying that it lowers attack. It doesn't, speed is lowered, attack is boosted. Brave can be used, but go with a CB or Lefties set w/o Agility in that case.
You're right. Thank you for the correction. :)

I think that Agility is really useful for Metagross to sweep. Otherwise, without an instant recovery move, it can easily be killed by racking up all those damage.