• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pkmn soulsilver team

Emeraldfan

Yeah, Agility is really useful, I actually like that set most. It's just that I gave a set that can be used with Brave nature, as not everyone might feel like rebreeding. And not everyone might get an Adamant Beldum with flawless speed from Steven, like I got in Emerald..

Kays

Lati-twins <3
In HGSS, getting nature is easy. The semi-hard thing is to get those Dittos, but you don't need every Ditto with a different nature. At least the Ditto you need for the nature you want.

Emeraldfan

Getting the nature is one. Getting it to the required lvl is 2.... I mean, in Emerald I just go through the league about 5-10 times, but it might be harder to train for others. That's what I ment with the rebreeding part :)

Kays

Lati-twins <3
Getting the nature is one. Getting it to the required lvl is 2.... I mean, in Emerald I just go through the league about 5-10 times, but it might be harder to train for others. That's what I ment with the rebreeding part :)
True. Nowadays, I just make sure that I have the nature before I start training them. And leveling up is way easier than EV training. EV training can get annoying. I lose track all the time and being a perfectionist myself, I tend to use my ActionReplay to check what EVs my Pokemon have. And with the training, I generally try to get it to level 50 so I can compare them to the ones on serebii.net or smogon.com. Just to make sure I didn't mess up somewhere. But it usually works out since I can check with AR.

After the grueling battles, I do have a closer bond with that Pokemon. I think that is good thing. Also the self satisfaction that I perfected it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Correction: While Steel types resist a total of 11 types and 1 immunity, they however do not resist Electric-type attacks. Empoleon is still 2x weak against an Electric assault.

uh, that's exactly why I said Empoleon is the only exception - it's the only case where Thunderbolt would be better :p

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
BECAUSE water types can learn ice beam! You need T Bolt for that. Also thanks for the advice I will try to not troll as much lol

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
We already said it - Thunderbolt is not needed, Dragon Claw is enough AND is better.

So what if they can learn Ice Beam? Dragon Claw still hits them harder than Thunderbolt. Especially since D-Claw is boosted by D-Dance, while Thunderbolt is not.

Ninja Dog

Banned
And anyway Earthquake also hits EMpoleon for Super Effective damage, So yeah/

Thank you all for the help... Now i have a lot to work on...
It will take me time to get everything done... So i will post up the updates as soon as im done....
Once again thank you...
And if u know of any way to make my work easier.. It will be appreciated...

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
What do you mean make your work easier? As in giving pokemon and stuff? You can always go down to the trade shops.

I mean as in a faster way to find the tms i need and heart scales for move tutorr...
And if i have to rebreed... What makes leveling up easier...
Although.. I dont know if ima rebreed... Too much work...
My salamance is already as suggested before...

I gave him dragon claw instead of dragon pulse, and replaced stone edge with earth quake... And left him on hydropump and heat wave.. Just cuz i went through the trouble of getting him ro learn them...

Also i got rid of all recharging moves... And for metagross
i took out psychic and will replace it with meteor mash or ice punch

Also i would like to know.. How much does boosting a move increase its power??
For example... Dragonite with dragon claw attacks boosted with dragon dance... How much does it increase the power?? By twice or 1/3??
Considering dragon claw is 80-100.. Does the 80 increase by how much?? Or how does it work???
Thanks in advance

Alright.. So if its 1.5 for stab and 1.5 for boost of dragon dance....
Its a 2x strong move or 3x strongger??

Alright thanks i see...
Now les say.. My charizard for example...
I use heatwave... Its a same type move.. It has charcoal.. And his ability. Is blaze... does that make the move 4.5x stronger??
And if i were to somehow boost his spA or attack.. Depending on the move i use...
Would that make it 6x stronger???
Am i making myself clear??
Thanks

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
good try, i say that's close enough

i'm pretty sure charcoal is 0.1 (10%boost) and when blaze comes in affect once its HP is below 1/3, then it will increase by 1.5 (50%boost)
so
100+10%=110. then 110+50%=165

if you were to use a move like nasty plot afterwards (which carizard obviously doesn't learn), then it would be a x2 boost so heat wave would have 330 power

someone correct me if i'm wrong