• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PKMN White Team Plan

The Head Honchkrow

With Gen V fast approaching, the same excitement that took hold of me before D/P and again before HG/SS, has now returned to get me psyched up to ridiculous levels.
As always, I've come up with a team plan:

Samurott
Ability - Torrent
- Waterfall
- X-Scissor
- False Swipe (for catching Pokemon)
- Swords Dance

Musharna
Ability - Synchronize
- Psychic/Psycho Shock
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind (via lvl up)

Scrafty
Ability - Moxie
- Crunch
- Hi-Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- (Bulk Up)

Vanilluxe
Ability - Ice Body
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Light Screen
- Acid Armor

Sawsbuck
Ability - Sap Sipper
- Wood Horn
- Return
- Wild Charge
- Swords Dance

Chandelure
Ability - Flash Fire
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Confuse Ray
- (Calm Mind)

~The Head Honchkrow~

Last edited:

bleeding-chocobo

On Cloud Nine
Sawsbuck wants a Jolly nature, and you should go with Sap Sipper and give it either Big Root or Leftovers as its hold item. As for its moveset, go with this:

Sawsbuck@Leftovers/Big Root
Jolly Nature
-Wood Horn
-Jump Kick
-Return
-Swords Dance

Chandelure wants this set:

Candelure@Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid/Modest Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Flamethrower
-Calm Mind

Aurath8

Samurott
Ability - Torrent
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Return
- Swords Dance

Waterfall > Shelll Blade for power accuracy and flinch. Megahorn > X-scissor for power. Cut is used once as an HM... Return for the amazing Water/Normal coverage.

Musharna
Ability - Synchronize
- Psychic/Psycho Shock
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind/Energy Ball

Psycho Shock can make you Pseodo-mixed. Shadow Ball covers Ghost. Calm Mind adds some bulk but Energy Ball adds coverage.

Vanilluxe
Ability - Ice Body
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Light Screen
- Body Purge

Light Screen supports the team and Body Purge makes you faster.

You appear to be missing the all important Ground and Fighting types.

Waruvial/Krookodile and Doryuuzu/Excadrill can provide both Earthquake and Brick break through TM. Zuruzukin/Scrafty gets a strong Fighting STAB as well.

Without at least one of these two types you'll find Ingame frustrating, I must speak with experience of it.

The Head Honchkrow

@bleeding-chocobo:
This is my "casual" run, so I'm not bothered about natures (as long as they're not too sucky).

@Aurawarrior8:
I totally forgot about Waterfall, but as for Megahorn, I really hate moves with less than 90 accuracy, so I'm gonna stick with X-Scissor.

EDIT: I've decided that Scrafty will be my 6th member, so here is my revised team plan:

Samurott
Ability - Torrent
- Waterfall
- X-Scissor
- Slash
- Swords Dance

Musharna
Ability - Synchronize
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind (via lvl up)

Scrafty
Ability - Moxie
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Little by Little
- (Bulk Up)

Vanilluxe
Ability - Ice Body
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Light Screen
- Acid Armor

Sawsbuck
Ability - Sap Sipper
- Wood Horn
- Return
- Swords Dance
-

Chandelure
Ability - Flash Fire
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Confuse Ray
- (Calm Mind)

By the way, I'm building my team as it will pre-E4, so any moves that you get post-E4, I've put in brackets.
Also, don't suggest any egg-moves; I don't wanna be training up any extra Pokemon just to get one move.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
aryteee.

Firstly, Daikenki can be running Megahorn > X-Scissor, as the accuracy drop is justified by the big power gain. Slash is simply a watered-down version or Return, so run that instead, since relying on Crits isn't really worth it. You may want to consider Aqua Jet > Waterfall, there are arguments for and against both.

You might want to play Musharna more offensively than that, and you can keep Thunder Wave too.

Mushrana @ Life Orb
• Magic Guard
• Modest Nature (if you're interested)
- Psycho Shock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

I don't really get the point of running Little by Little on Zuruzukin. You might want to use Rock Slide instead for Flying and Bug opponents. Also, Hi Jump Kick is pretty powerful, imo too powerful to pass up on, so you may like that > Brick Break. As this is only for a playthrough you can always use Potions if you miss anyway, although I personally dislike this mindset.

Sawsbuck (idr the Japanese name right now, and atm I'm still using them until they're confirmed on SPP), could go with Jump Kick or Wild Bolt in the last slot.

Shandera is better off with Energy Ball than Confuse Ray to cover its weaknesses to Water, Rock and Ground.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

The Head Honchkrow

@TheBlueRabbit:
I'm still not convinced by Megahorn. I've ran it before on a Rapidash and it was really awkward, and besides, I think 80 power is quite sufficient to do serious damage (trust me, I've used many a Crunchin'-Torterra to know that).

The point of Little by Little on Scrafty is that if some defence-boosting wall comes along just as I'm about to KO, I can still do so regardless, but now that you've mentioned Rock Slide, it seems a bit silly...

The reason I'm not running Energy Ball on Chandelure is that if I'm fighting Water/Rock/Ground, I'll be using Samurott or Sawsbuck, and since you don't get it 'til post-E4 anyway, there's little point in doing it.

Taking your advice into consideration, here is my team plan:

Samurott
Ability - Torrent
- Waterfall
- X-Scissor
- False Swipe (for catching Pokemon)
- Swords Dance

Musharna
Ability - Synchronize
- Psychic/Psycho Shock
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind (via lvl up)

Scrafty
Ability - Moxie
- Crunch
- Hi-Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- (Bulk Up)

Vanilluxe
Ability - Ice Body
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Light Screen
- Acid Armor

Sawsbuck
Ability - Sap Sipper
- Wood Horn
- Return
- Wild Charge
- Swords Dance

Chandelure
Ability - Flash Fire
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Confuse Ray
- (Calm Mind)

~The Head Honchkrow~

Last edited:

Aurath8

I second TBR's suggestion of Hi Jump kick instead of Scrafty's Brick Break. It still gets 90% accuracy fitting your requirements and the damage taken is minmal considering the amount of carnage you can cause once you've setup a Bulk Up.

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
With Gen V fast approaching, the same excitement that took hold of me before D/P and again before HG/SS, has now returned to get me psyched up to ridiculous levels.
As always, I've come up with a team plan:

Sawsbuck
Ability - Sap Sipper/Chlorophyll (Not sure which I should choose...)
- Wood Horn
- Double Kick
-
-

Chandelure
Ability - Flash Fire/Flame Body (see Sawsbuck)
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Confuse Ray
-

I'm stuck for my 6th member. Any suggestions? It has to be physically-oriented though (I like to have an equal amount of physial and special sweepers).

~The Head Honchkrow~

I'd go with Sap Sipper; unless you plan on carrying a Sunny Day Pokemon too.
What about Return and Wild Charge for Starbucks?

On Pokemon Online, my Chandelure set is
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
-HP

HP is ineffective in an ingame team, but what about Will-O-Wisp?

For a physical brute, what about Exadrill or Sandile's evo?