• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Planeswalkers (Discussion Thread)

Which Plane do we go to next?

• Innistrad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Phyrexia/Mirrodin

• Alara (Unbroken)

• Shadowmoor/Lorwyn

• Kaldheim

• Shandalar

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I'm with everyone else, Skeleton. The timing doesn't add up right. And the area is a desolate waste overrun by cat-dragons (any images of them, BTW? I'm trying to imagine what they might look like).

On another note, Gibrael is gonna do to Thamien what Rckaird did to Claire. I kid you not.

I thought Gibrael was meant to be less 'horrible holy punishment' and more 'relatively merciful'. Albeit his mind-wiping is still assholish. Though less assholish than Rckaird's method of nuke things to death with holy light that burns them to death with their sins.

Still, thanks for the support. Rimuel appreciates it. Though... are we getting to the plot any time soon?

Kamotz

God of Monsters
We'll get moving in a bit. I'm actually really liking the interaction at this point, and it makes sense that a group like this would hash a bunch of things out before moving on. They just dealt with a big plot-point. It would take a few minutes before the next thing came along or it might seem forced.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Truth be told, while Gibrael is much more passive in how he does things than Rckaird, he is just as vicious. He doesn't kill, no, because he believes in second chances and the potential of every living creature to do good, but he breaks a person's soul and reshapes it with his own views. In his mind, you either do things his way, or not at all. He is clouded by wisdom he thinks he has, but in truth lacks. He's been a planeswalker for only two years, give or take, and most of that time was spent on Innistrad and Dominaria. He doesn't know much of the world, and has not developed out of his Black-and-White view of things. Pretty much, you either do things his way, or not at all.

But he'll grow. Whether to become more benevolent and tolerant or a ruthless religious tyrant, well... I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Geez, you guys post pretty fast or, more likely, I post slow.... I hope I can get a post in before I get more to add again... I finally know what Thay'll do, too. No more standing around for her! And yeah, I agree that moving the plot along in the middle of all this fighting would seem... weird. I mean I don't think the group is quite ready to take on any task together yet.

And heh, I have the exact same situation as you, nie; I'm not sure whether Rckaird'll learn and and change his ways or just get even more twisted as things move along, but time'll show. Oh and... Gib's in trouble now too, just so you know. He might be getting light nuked soon, like storymasterb put it.

EDIT: Phew, managed to throw a quick post in! And yeah, at least for the moment, Rckaird left Claire alone and targeted Gib instead. Pretty much... trying to blind him. Yeah.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Here's something that niedude pointed out to me, that I think will REALLY disturb Rimuel and anyone on the pro-Mirran side of things (and really, aren't we all? heh heh heh...)

-The Planeswalker Karn created Argentum sometime after his ascension (he was old-school powerful).
-100 years later, he returns to the mostly-empty plane with his Planeswalker apprentice and creates the golem Memnarch to act as Argentum's guardian.
-He leaves behind a single drop of Phyrexian oil from his heart, which spreads and slowly begins its infection of the plane.
-While Karn is gone, Memnarch goes mad. He renames Argentum "Mirrodin," abducting many beings from other planes with his soul-traps in hopes of acquiring a planeswalker spark of his own, until he is finally defeated. This process (from madness to defeat) takes about 200 years.
-100 years later, the Phyrexians that have been growing in Mirrodin's core begin to corrupt the plane in earnest.

Now...if you think about it. There were no native inhabitants of Argentum...except for the Phyrexians. They're more native to the plane (having "grown" there) than any of the Mirran inhabitants, whose near-ancestors were abducted there by Memnarch. So really...who does Mirrodin/New Phyrexia really belong to?

Gentleman Skeleton

So, where do we go from here? Since we're staying on plane, might I propose paying a certain planeswalking dragon a visit? The Orochi we're tracking down did start a fight on his front lawn.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
So, where do we go from here? Since we're staying on plane, might I propose paying a certain planeswalking dragon a visit? The Orochi we're tracking down did start a fight on his front lawn.

I'm trying to avoid too much of the canon 'walkers. Since many of them have gone missing. And there's no real reason to look at Bolas for any sort of help and expect him not to kill you.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
If he pays any attention at all.
And if we start bringing Bolas this soon to play... It would ruin things. I mean, look how long it took for our characters to attempt to kill each other. Do you think some of them wouldnt try to do the same to bolas too? And they'd die if they so much as thought about killing Bolas while the dragon was nearby.

EDIT: On the topic of Mirrans vs Phyrexians, and me being the one who pointed this out to Kamotz, I actually think that Mirrodin belongs to the phyrexians. They were put there by its creator, and they did a better job taking control of it than the mirrans. Now, however, if you should ask me if i'd allow the Phyrexians to continue existing and living on the plane, I'd answer, obviously, no.

They are a blight and an infestation. They are cruel, disgusting, and most of all, dangerous. Even Karn himself turned against them after being freed of the Oil's influence (I believe), and should the oppurtunity arise to get rid of them, even if in the same temporary way as the Eldrazi were, I would support it.

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
So it seems things are starting to calm down for the moment (Rck won't attack Gib again for now, as he believes he uh... already helped the priest find the righteous path again.)

But so, are we really going to go through the whole splitting up thing?

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
We also have a bunch of personalities which clash massively. We have Rckaird's fanatical devotion to his morality, Gibrael's slightly different fanatical devotion to his own morality, Yuu's practically a murderous psychopath, etc. The way I see this going is the more moderate members of our little group clustering into one group, and the extreme ones all joining their own little group.

Rimuel and Morgana are joining Jareth's group, by the way.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Heh, the trouble is that if all the problematic people flock together, they'll most likely end up killing each other at some point. Which might actually be a good thing. And that if everyone in one group gets along too well, it'll just be too easy for them. No conflicts and such.

Hmm... I have no idea where either Thay or Rck go. Thay's pretty pissed at almost everyone, while Rck would most likely join a group with people who he needs to keep an eye on which is like, half the group, really.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Hmm...you're all so sure that splitting up the group is a good thing. But I might take issue with that. Let's say group 1 goes to kamigawa and group 2 to lorwyn. Then what? Say group 1 finds something and then goes on to Mercadia, where they then find nothing. Meanwhile group2 has found nothing on lorwyn and goes to kamigawa to look for group one. That's a huge plane. It would take a while to find their trail, and then they've already moved on to an infinitely huge multiverse.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Let's keep going with the forward momentum here, yeah?

Post, people, Post!

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Ah, right, they have no means to communicate when separated. Hmm, yeah, that does pose a problem...

As for posting, I will once I get time (second to last week of school = busytimes) and an idea on what to post; neither of the would really do much right now.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Just to clear up and state a few things for going forward. We won't be splitting up and won't be spending much time on Kamigawa should we go there. It's one of my less favorite sets and planes, so we'd only be there briefly. The other planes are just much more interesting. Next though, we'll be meeting with some dragons who aren't exactly happy we've trampled all over their beach. The Dragon Nations are trying to establish a central power in Madra, and they have some choice things to say and offer to us walkers.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
So no one has anything to post? If not then I'll move it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.