• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Planeswalker's Guide to the Multiverse (Magic: the Gathering)

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Figured I'd make a new thread since the last time it was posted in was January. Same rules apply as the last thread, keep the conversation MTG related.

Anyway, this has been a huge year for Magic, new format warping bannings and unbannings (suck it Treasure Cruise and DTT). New design for blocks with the 2-block paradigm, Wizards basically printing money with the Zendikar expedition lands, and even the return to one of the most influential blocks in Magics history with Zendikar.

Personally I think the game has had great success this year, and have noticed the scene getting even bigger then ever before, and I can't wait to see what is going to happen with the rest of 2015 and going into 2016.

Anyway, lets talk Magic.

Omega Matt

Charagon
Awesome thread. All of you will make a great offering to my Slivers. On that note, anyone play the style called Commander/EDH?

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I do, and my roommate does. atm I've been working on a Mishra, Artificier's Prodigy combo deck, and my roommate just finished up a Cao Cao, Lord of Wei discard deck that is really fun.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Awesome thread. All of you will make a great offering to my Slivers. On that note, anyone play the style called Commander/EDH?

We usually have at least one 1v1 commander game at lunch over @ Tcgplayer headquarters. On Game Night there'll sometimes be bigger games going on.

Omega Matt

Charagon
Nice! If I may ask, what kind of deck do you run and what do you use for your commander?

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I'm building a Mishra, Artificers Prodigy combo Commander deck. Using Possibility Storm to pump out artifacts that cost quite a lot for next to nothing.

Omega Matt

Charagon
Wow! Cao Cao is old and rare! And artifacts are awesome, and you're using Urza's brother to boot! Is there a way to play MTG with actual decks online? My Sliver Overlord and it's kin hunger for flesh and iron... even Darksteel...

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Well Atarka Red won the first Open for BFZ Standard. Gonna be "fun" format

Mr.FusRoDah

I look forward to the battle for Zendikar's future. I wonder who will come out on top - The Eldrazi or Sorin and Ugin working together with others?

Kamotz

God of Monsters
I look forward to the battle for Zendikar's future. I wonder who will come out on top - The Eldrazi or Sorin and Ugin working together with others?

They've already chronology the battle for Zendikar. You can read about all the events here.

Ugin, Nahiri, and Sorin aren't involved. Battle for Zendikar is about Gideon, Nissa, Jace, and Kiora defeating Ulamog and his brood (the other two titans, Kozilek and Emrakul, are believed to have left Zendikar altogether). They manage to reactivate the Hedrons and junk, but Ob-Nixilis comes and uses them to reignite his Planeswalker spark before leaving. Then the 4 Planeswalkers and their allies attack and defeat Ulamog.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
So the owner of my LGS asked me if I wanted to play in Modern States tomorrow, and let me borrow a deck so I guess I'm gonna play Grishoalbrand.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Made Top 8 of another PPTQ on Saturday (yesterday). Went 4-0-1 in the Swiss rounds and got knocked out by a guy playing Esper Dragons (which used to be a great matchup for me). I was playing the following list:

Land (23)
4x Cinder Glade
2x Forest
3x Frontier Bivouac
2x Island
1x Lumbering Falls
2x Mountain
1x Shivan Reef
4x Wooded Foothills
4x Yavimaya Coast

Planeswalker (1)
1x Sarkhan Unbroken

Creature (26)
3x Deathmist Raptor
3x Den Protector
2x Dragonlord Atarka
2x Icefall Regent
4x Rattleclaw Mystic
4x Savage Knuckleblade
2x Surrak, the Hunt Caller
4x Thunderbreak Regent
2x Whisperwood Elemental

Instant (10)
4x Draconic Roar
1x Temur Charm
3x Stubborn Denial
2x Wild Slash

Sideboard (15)
2x Horribly Awry
1x Reality Shift
3x Radiant Flames
2x Rending Volley
3x Roast
2x Feed the Clan
1x Surrak Dragonclaw
1x Disdainful Stroke

I've made some adjustments since then to reflect what was good and what wasn't, and this is what I'm working with now.

Land (23)
4x Cinder Glade
2x Forest
3x Frontier Bivouac
2x Island
1x Lumbering Falls
2x Mountain
1x Shivan Reef
4x Wooded Foothills
4x Yavimaya Coast

Planeswalker (1)
1x Sarkhan Unbroken

Creature (25)
3x Deathmist Raptor
3x Den Protector
2x Dragonlord Atarka
3x Icefall Regent
4x Rattleclaw Mystic
4x Savage Knuckleblade
2x Surrak, the Hunt Caller
4x Thunderbreak Regent

Instant (10)
4x Draconic Roar
2x Silumgar's Scorn
2x Stubborn Denial
2x Wild Slash

Sorcery (1)
1x Crater's Claws

Sideboard (15)
2x Disdainful Stroke
1x Dispel
3x Radiant Flames
2x Rending Volley
3x Roast
1x Stubborn Denial
1x Surrak Dragonclaw
2x Whisperwood Elemental

I had some great games against some of the saltiest and most malaise-saturated opponents ever.

Mr.FusRoDah

They've already chronology the battle for Zendikar. You can read about all the events here.

Ugin, Nahiri, and Sorin aren't involved. Battle for Zendikar is about Gideon, Nissa, Jace, and Kiora defeating Ulamog and his brood (the other two titans, Kozilek and Emrakul, are believed to have left Zendikar altogether). They manage to reactivate the Hedrons and junk, but Ob-Nixilis comes and uses them to reignite his Planeswalker spark before leaving. Then the 4 Planeswalkers and their allies attack and defeat Ulamog.

Nice! I guess one down, two to go, huh? Sucks for Ulamog but is good news for the multiverse lol. At least they're saving Emrakul, my favorite of the 3, for later. Emrakul would totally destroy all 4 of them if he was there.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
So I guess we are going back to Innistrad for the Spring 2016 set. So much hype

Kamotz

God of Monsters
We started a "Time Machine Standard" League at work - You roll a random date between Standard's inception (October 10th, 1995, if you're curious) and today. You play an 8-man tournament as if it were that day, with that day's bannings.

The first date rolled was May 5th, 2014. Here are the legal sets:

Return to Ravnica, Gatecrash, Dragon's Maze, Magic 2014, Theros, Born of the Gods, Journey into Nyx

Important thing to note - the scry mulligan rule is NOT in effect.

I'm going back to the ol' Jund Monsters build. Any excuse I can get to play 4x Domri Rade and some Xenagos.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
That actually sounds really fun, might have to try that sometime. I was at my LGS today and was talking to some of the guys there, we are gonna go to the SCG Open in Cincinnatti on January 2nd. and in the event we don't day 2, were gonna stay and do the Standard classic on the 3rd.

0bss1d1ankn1ght

Lost in the Internet
Can someone help me with my Mundas Ally EDH deck?

Commander
Munda, Ambush Leader

Lands- 42
12 Plains
12 Mountains
Command Tower
Evolving Wilds
Terramorphic Expanse
Arid Mesa
Ally Encampment
Madblind Mountain
Mistveil Plains
Battlefield Forge
Temple of Triumph
Sacred Foundry
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
Rugged Prairie
Boros Garrison
Temple of the False Gods
Hall of the Bandit Lord
Arcane Lighthouse
Reliquary Tower

Creatures- 28
Hada Freeblade
Tuktuk Scrapper
Angelic Captain
Kor Bladewhirl
Stonehaven Outfitter
Weapons Trainer
Kazuul Warlord
Highland Berserker
Talus Paladin
Akoum Battlesinger
Taurean Mauler
Brass Squire
Adaptive Automaton
Reckless Cohort
Munda's Vanguard
Stoneforge Acolyte
Iroas, God of Victory
Ondu champion
Firemantle Mage
Chasm Guide
Resolute Blademaster
Hero of Goma Fada
Makindi Patrol
Kabira Evangel
Mirror Entity
Aurelia the Warleader
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
Sun Titan

Instants- 6
Swords To Plowshares
Titan's Strength
Boros Charm
Join the Ranks
Lightning Helix
Deflecting Palm

Sorceries- 4
Steelshaper's Gift
Mizzium Mortars
Faithless Looting
Wrath of God

Artifacts- 13
Urza's Incubator
Boros Signet
Boros Keyrune
Door of Destinies
Commander's Sphere
Sunforger
Sword of the Animist
Stoneforge Masterwork
Skullclamp
Swiftfoot Boots
Darksteel Plate
Mimic Vat
Grappling Hook

Enchantments- 5
Retreat To Emeria
Flameshadow Conjuring
Legion's Initiative
Marshal's Anthem
Warstorm Surge

Planeswalkers- 1
Gideon, Ally To Zendikar

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Figured I'd advertise my store stream. twitch.tv/afkgameswv streaming fnm now, and will be streaming basically every event we do.