• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Planned Pokémon Black Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Planned Pokémon Black Team

Second of three teams. As stated previously, I do not wish to use Dream World abilities first time around, and so this is based solely off of ingame and what is available. Well, it actually isn't considering there is one I'll have to trade for, but I have two DSes it all balances out.

503.png
561.png
563.png
549.png
637.png
612.png

503.png

Daikenki, Modest @ Expert Belt
Ability: Torrent

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Ground

A standard Daikenki set. Surf as STAB and utility, Ice Beam and HP Ground to cover Electric and Grass. Grass Knot serves as a way to hit Water types which resist everything else and any other troublemakers.

561.png

Shinbora, Timid @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Guard

- Psychic
- Air Slash
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Pretty cool Pokémon with a neat movepool. It has impressive enough Sp. Atk and Speed as is so I pretty much decided to use the nature which boosted the lower of the two stats. Magic Guard is far more likely to come in useful than Miracle Skin ingame. Psychic and Air Slash are standard STAB, Shadow Ball covers Ghosts. Energy Ball hits Rock-types super effectively.

563.png

Desukan, Calm @ Rugged Helmet
Ability: Mummy

- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- Mean Look

Maybe more suited to competitive than ingame, but whatever. Desukan can switch in on anything more physical-orientated, burn it and watch as it slowly dies with Mean Look, doing only pittance damage to that impressive base 145 Defense. Alternatively there's Toxic, quickly whittling away HP. Protect is standard on any Toxic staller whilst Shadow Ball is the cure-all STAB option.

549.png

Doredia, Modest @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Own Tempo

- Petal Dance
- Butterfly Dance
- Teeter Dance
- Leech Seed

Finally, a Pokémon with an Outrage style move and also Own Tempo! This critically means that Doredia will consistently do base 120 per turn with the only penalty being unable to switch. A more than reasonable exchange. Butterfly Dance will mean that even if Petal Dance is resisted it will be sure to hurt, and it also boosts the Special Defense and Speed to high levels. Finally, Teeter Dance and Leech Seed add an annoyance spin. This really is a sucky movepool, so it's the best of a small bunch.

637.png

Urgamoth, Modest @ BrightPowder
Ability: Flame Body

- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Butterfly Dance
- Psychic

I will so completely hate trying to raise this and give up due to the absurd evolution level, but I will at least give it an honest shot. Butterfly Dance is o boost those impressive Special and Speed stats, and Flamethrower and Bug Buzz offer standard STAB options. Psychic is pretty much a 'slap-it-on-for-the-heck-of-it' move boosted by Dancing.

612.png

Ononokusu, Jolly @ Muscle Band
Ability: Mold Breaker

- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Pretty self-explanatory.

-------

Thanks for any suggestions etc. that can be given.

Aurath8

I would put substitute over Teeter Dance. It allows it stall with leech seed or stat boost with Butterfly dance freely.
Toxic over will-o-wisp. Special attacking normal types must be got rid of as quickly as possible and Shanderra pwns you even worse with W-o-W.
Other than that you have a great team with only an Ice weakness to worry about, well done.

unknown76

id suggest having something else with a bug type move as it is effective on the dark type and two pokemon i belive have a weakness to dark moves otherwise it looks okay although i would say also get a fighting move in there somewhere for ice or rock type if urgamoth runs out of fire or if surf runs out, just in case

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
This is a thread from October 2010.

Do not bump old thread please.

Status
Not open for further replies.