• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Planned Team for Black.

Once I have completed my Fighting Monotype, I'm doing another run-through using (apart from my starter) Pokemon I haven't used before.

So Far I have:

Samurott
-Surf
-Aqua Tail -> Return
-X-scissor
-Retaliate -> Ice beam

Archeops
-Fly
-Crunch -> Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw

Haxorus
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Brick break
-Dig -> Earthquake

Stunfisk
-Thunderbolt
-Muddy Water
-Mud Bomb
-Sludge Bomb

Mienshao
-Hi jump Kick
-Fake Out
-U-turn
-Rock Slide

Chandelure
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast -> Flamethrower
-Pain Split -> Energy Ball
-Will-o-wisp -> Calm Mind // Psychic [Still Undecided]

Feel free to suggest other Pokemon/different moves for my Pokemon. Bear in mind if I've used the Pokemon before, though, I won't accept it.

Last edited:

Sceptilo

Hakuna Matata!
Hi!
Once I have completed my Fighting Monotype, I'm doing another run-through using (apart from my starter) Pokemon I haven't used before.

So Far I have:

Samurott
-Surf
-ice beam
-Megahorn!
-aqua jet
samurott is a great mixed attacker. aqua tail is not needed, one attack of a type is enough. aqua jet helps with his low speed, megahorn and ice beam help with grass types. and megahorn is so cool...

Archeops
-Fly
-Crunch/EQ
-Rock Slide
-U-turn
I think EQ fits better, with QuakEdge you can hit many things supereffectively. U-turn is cool to get out of dangerous situations imo, although dragon claw has great neutral coverage.

Haxorus
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-EQ
-Rock Slide
standard haxorus, really powerful with great coverage.

Stunfisk
-Thunderbolt
-Muddy Water
-Mud Bomb/ Earthpower
-Thudner Wave/Camouflage ??
I don't know if you want to breed. if not, mud bomb is nice. and I don't know about the last move.

Mienshao
-Hi jump Kick
-Fake Out
-U-turn
-Rock Slide
looks nice imo.

Chandelure:
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast/flamethrower
-energy ball
-Will-o-wisp/Calm mind/pain split

Chandelure fits better, because you have three (!) ice weaknesses...
fire blast only has 5 PP, which could be a problem ingame. FT is more reliable, but weaker, standard accuracy vs. power.
energy ball is against waters, grounds and rocks.

Hope it helps :)

This is a pre E4 team, bear in mind. So no Earthquake, Stone Edge, Ice beam, Energy Ball or Flamethrower. But I'm sure to replace Retaliate and Fire Blast at least when I do the Rematches, because I have that set on Samurott from White.
I'd rather not have to breed if I can, especially not Earth Power (Corosla @Level 53[?] is the easiest)

I prefer X-scissor's accuracy. I hate missing things. And I don't need Aqua Jet.

Yeah, I think I'll go for Chandelure.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

So Far I have:

Samurott
-Surf
-Aqua Tail
-X-scissor
-Retaliate

Archeops
-Fly
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-U-turn/Dragon Claw

Haxorus
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Brick break
-X-scissor/Dig/Rock Slide

Stunfisk
-Thunderbolt
-Muddy Water
-Mud Bomb
-Thudner Wave/Camouflage

Mienshao
-Hi jump Kick
-Fake Out
-U-turn
-Rock Slide

And then, I have to Choose between two Pokemon. Ferrothorn and Chandelure.
Now, I really need Ferrothorn for Dex Data on White, And he's a pretty cool Pokemon with some good moves.
Planned Moveset:
-Power Whip
-Iron head
-Stealth Rock/Leech Seed
-Shadow Claw

However, Chandelure is a Beast, or so I've heard, and I'm a huge Fan of Fire types.
Planned moveset:
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast
-Pain Split
-Will-o-wisp

Which one should I choose? Oh, and Feel free to suggest other Pokemon/different moves for my other Pokemon too. Bear in mind if I've used the Pokemon before, though, I won't accept it.

Not a bad team but may i make a suggestion. For samurott i would have megahorn rather than x scissor.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Return > Aqua Tail on Samurott as Water + Normal gets great neutral coverage. I believe you can get Grass Knot pre-E4 so throw that > Retaliate.

Acrobatics + Flying Gem is beastly on Archeops, although you may prefer Fly for the convenience and the fact that you don't have to stock up on a billion Flying Gems. ^^; Dragon Claw, Rock Slide and EQ (when you can get the TM/s) rounds off the moveset well.

Scald > Muddy Water since iirc Muddy Water has a less than desirable accuracy and Scald has the added bonus of a chance of burning. Sludge Bomb as the last move on Stunfisk as well since he really has trouble hitting Grass-types.

Calm Mind > Pain Split on Chandelure, and as soon as you can get Energy Ball slap it on as its last move. Flamethrower > Fire Blast because the horrible accuracy and PP of Fire Blast is horrible.

Sceptilo

Hakuna Matata!
you nowhere wrote it :(

then for haxorus, you can go for bulldoze/dig before the E4. bulldoze is especially cool, since you'll be faster than everything after one turn of using it :)

oh, and @ zhanton: archeops even learns dragon claw by level-up iirc, so it can be used for great neutral coverage.

and I think there were only one or two PKMN in the E4 part steel type (klinklang and bisharP?), so it is a great attack for the E4, especially with archeops' masssive atk.

TheEpicGoomba

So Far I have:

Samurott
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Megahorn
-Return

Archeops
-Fly
-Acrobatics
-Rock Slide
-U-turn/Dragon Claw

Haxorus
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Brick break
-X-scissor/Dig/Rock Slide

Stunfisk
-Thunderbolt
-Muddy Water
-Sludge Wave
-Thudner Wave/Camouflage

Mienshao
-Hi jump Kick
-Fake Out
-U-turn
-Rock Slide

And then, I have to Choose between two Pokemon. Ferrothorn and Chandelure.
Now, I really need Ferrothorn for Dex Data on White, And he's a pretty cool Pokemon with some good moves.
Planned Moveset:
-Power Whip
-Iron head
-Stealth Rock/Leech Seed
-Shadow Claw

However, Chandelure is a Beast, or so I've heard, and I'm a huge Fan of Fire types.
Planned moveset:
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Energy Ball

Which one should I choose? Oh, and Feel free to suggest other Pokemon/different moves for my other Pokemon too. Bear in mind if I've used the Pokemon before, though, I won't accept it.

Comments in Bold, hope it helps.

As I've already said, X-scissor over Megahorn for me. I don't like the lower accuracy.

I've edited the first post. Anything in Red will replace the move before it after the Elite four once I get the TM. What is before is what I will be using until that point.

zhanton- If this was a Competitive team, it would be Acrobatics for sure. But I need Fly for ingame. In my monotype, I have no Surfers on hand and no flying types on hand either (It's a Fighting one), and I really need them ingame. So yeah.
Of, and can I ask, how does Archeops benefit from having Acrobatcis and Flying Gem? Since a Flying Gem only increases Flying moves by 50%, having no item and getting 2X the base power would surely be better. Its ability doesn't get benefited by losing an item either...

Still Undecided on Chandelure's last move.

So Far I have:

Samurott
-Surf
-Return[/B
-X-scissor/Grass Knot
-Blizzard -> Ice beam
Return can be obtained before the E4.
Archeops
-Fly
-Crunch/Acrobatics -> Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw
Acrobatics+Flying Gem is an excellent combo. Acrobatics consumes the gem before using the attack, so you are effectively using a 110 BP double STAB attack.
Haxorus
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Brick breakRock Slide
-DigBulldoze -> Earthquake
Bulldoze and Rock Slide get excellent coverage.

Stunfisk
-Thunderbolt
-Scald
-Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
Not sure if you want to save up the BP for Sludge Wave, and Scald over Muddy Water.

Mienshao
-Hi jump Kick
-Fake Out
-U-turn
-Rock Slide
Nothing wrong here.

Chandelure
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower
-Pain Split -> Energy Ball
-Will-o-wisp -> Calm Mind // Psychic [Still Undecided]
I do believe that Lampent gets Flamethrower by level-up. If it does not, go with Fire Blast.
Feel free to suggest other Pokemon/different moves for my Pokemon. Bear in mind if I've used the Pokemon before, though, I won't accept it.

Comments in bold.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Basically, regarding Archeops, the Flying Gem is first consumed (giving you your 50% bonus or whatever) and on top of that you get the 'no item' bonus so Acrobatics gets insanely powerful. I do understand why you'd prefer Fly, though.

Also, Psychic gets rather redundant coverage for Chandelure. It only hits Fighting and Psychic-types for super effective, neither of which are a threat to Chandelure in any shape or form, so go with Calm Mind because boosting is always nice.