• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Planned Teams Thread

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
We're two weeks or so away and I'm still completely undecided on who I want to use. I think I've settled on starting with Turtwig for old time sake, but after that I'll probably just rotate as I go. The indecisiveness is killing me >_<
The team we went through the E4 with was Torterra, Staraptor, Floatzel, Garchomp, Lucario, and Magnezone. Was definitely a fun team though I did overlap 4 from my original team. Just kind of how it all shook out.

Jeppo

Right now I'm somewhere in Victory Road with a team of:

Empoleon
Staravia
Croagunk
Luxray
Houndoom
Clefable

It's a fun team, but I'm thinking of going for the National Dex before the E4, so I can assemble a new team. Typhlosion is just too tempting.

ebevan91

My final team ended up being

Torterra
Staraptor
Floatzel
Skuntank
Bronzong
Luxray

I also used a few other random Pokemon until they hit level 40 or so and boxed them for good, like Machoke, Kadabra, Haunter, Crobat, Gyarados, Medicham, and Murkrow. Mainly to prevent from being so overleveled. Of course by the time I reached Cynthia she was 5-8 levels ahead of everyone. The Luxray was actually my last team member and I wasn't even intending on using it after it evolved. I was just trying to fill out the Pokedex. I've always liked it so I just kept it on the team.

It was fun using Skuntank and Bronzong for the first time though. That Bronzong tanked so many hits vs. Cynthia due to those thicc defenses especially after using stat boosting moves.

My team

Infernape
Luxray
Skuntank
Gatrodon
Staraptor

Tried some others like Lucario and Garchomp before making Torterra part of the team.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
It was fun using Skuntank and Bronzong for the first time though. That Bronzong tanked so many hits vs. Cynthia due to those thicc defenses especially after using stat boosting moves.
I noticed how good Bronzong with Levitate is against Cynthia's Garchomp, since it's immune to Earthquake, her strongest move. Having resistance to Dragon STAB is also really good. I think more people need to give it a go and realise how good it really is in the Pokemon League.