• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Planned Teams Thread

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The four I know I’m going to go for are these:
  • Gallade
  • Roserade
  • Togekiss
  • Altaria

Based on prior Sinnoh games, those should all be relatively easily available. That said, my next two are going to be dependent on transfer/trade possibilities, and might need to be replaced:
  • Latias
  • Shiny Latios

If they’re not available, then I’m not totally sure what I would replace them with. I’d like to keep the aesthetic of the team cohesive, so that’s what makes it a bit difficult. Getting a Shaymin, if it’s available this time around, would be a great candidate to replace one of them, but I’m lost on what my sixth would be in that case.

They’ll all be in Premier Balls, too, but that won’t be hard to accomplish.

Shiny Latios: I assume the most apparent method would be importing one from Pokemon Go?

jaden767

Amphetamine
Thinking about using Lucario, Infernape, Glaceon, Togekiss, Luxray and Roserade but that's only if the Platinum Pokedex is used in BDSP. If it's not then I'm stuck with the typical DP team that almost everyone used in the originals. :(

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Shiny Latios: I assume the most apparent method would be importing one from Pokemon Go?
Unfortunately, I only just started playing Go, so I wouldn’t be able to do that unless another round of Latios Raids happens. I do have the Eon Ticket in my Alpha Sapphire game, so I’m hoping to soft reset for it there and then transfer up.

Yosuuke

Electrified Ocean
Since I'm getting both games, ideally I'd have two teams but at the moment I've only got Brilliant Diamond planned. Here's what my potential team will be:

• Infernape
  • Luxray
  • Staraptor
  • Roserade
  • Quagsire
  • Garchomp

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I like to have my full team with me by the time I reach the fifth gym. Sadly, most of the Ghost pokemon in Diamond & Pearl aren't obtainable until the postgame. Thus, I'll have to design a Ghost-esque team:

(Assuming the removal of HMs remains intact)
1. Empoleon
2. Gengar
3. Drifblim
4. Umbreon
5. Spirtomb
6. Bronzong

Spiritomb will take a lot of work, but I'm not moving forward until I get me one.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
May change as we near release but:

Pearl:
Empoleon
Roserade
Mismagius
Houndoom
Gallade
Electivire/Luxray

Diamond:
Torterra
Honchcrow
Floatzel
Camerupt
Magnezone
Froslass

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
May likely still stick to Infernape as my Fire-type, thankfully the confirmation of using Platinum’s Dex roster means there is more options for Fire-types. Also the confirmation of Manaphy as a distribution (by an Egg) could make for an interesting choice for a Water-type in a playthrough.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After the recent trailer, the two definites on my team are Infernape & Rampardos, I'm currently debating on the other ones:
  • Chatot
  • Electivire
  • Yanmega
  • Manaphy
  • Carnivine
  • Chimecho
  • Pachirisu
  • Spiritomb
  • Porygon Z
  • Spiritomb
  • Wurmple line
  • Burmy line
  • Mega Lopunny (if megas are available)
  • Basculegion (if we can transfer in Hissuian pokemon)

Last edited:
I am going with Pokemon I have never used before in past games, Stunky is going to be one have not figured out the rest yet.
Not using any of the starters

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I always have trouble deciding on teams ahead of time, but i do have 3 pokemon planned currently.

Diamond: Bidoof

Pearl: Piplup, Glameow

Bidoof is all for the Pokemon following us around thing.
Glameow is because it's barely in any other games after Sinnoh
Piplup is because its my original Sinnoh starter and Pearl was my original Sinnoh game

Red and Blue

Since I can get a Manaphy at the start I think that will be my Water type instead of Bidoof. So for now my team is.

1. Torterra
2. Manaphy
3. Rapidash
4. Toxicroak
5. Togekiss
6. Bronzong

Sham

The Guardian of War
Propbably

Empoleon
Pachirisu
Weavile/Abomasnow
Hunchcrow
Bronzong
Rampardos

Torpoleon

Planned team for Shining Pearl is as follows:

Infernape
Staraptor
Luxray/Electivire
Roserade
Floatzel
Lucario/Garchomp

Pretty standard team. I've usually picked Piplup in Sinnoh playthroughs in the past, but have been gravitating more towards the Fire types lately. As for the two slashes, it really depends on how easy or hard it is to get Electivire & Lucario in the remakes. I'd imagine it will be pretty similar to how it was in DPPt, which means I probably won't use them. Might even keep Garchomp and swap Roserade with Lucario if I want to.

Locormus

May likely still stick to Infernape as my Fire-type, thankfully the confirmation of using Platinum’s Dex roster means there is more options for Fire-types. Also the confirmation of Manaphy as a distribution (by an Egg) could make for an interesting choice for a Water-type in a playthrough.

Manaphy sure is an 'interesting' choice.. But it's so straightforward and broken that I'm just going to let it rot in a box after breeding for Phione. I mean it gets Tail Glow from the start. It's got that bulky 100/100/100 defensive spread and you instantly take your 100 SpA to a +3. You can pretty much sweep most of Gen4 with a Speed stat of 100 as well. You might even want to go for Aqua Ring+Leftovers and your Water Mythical becomes relatively unbreakable.

Tail Glow / Scald / Shadow Ball / Energy Ball or Psychic. Couple with Infernape for Aaron and you've basically swept the Sinnoh League.

After the recent trailer, the two definites on my team are Infernape & Rampardos, I'm currently debating on the other ones:
  • Wurmple line

Well, I'm intrigued.. :D

Planned team for Shining Pearl is as follows:

Infernape
Staraptor
Luxray/Electivire
Roserade
Floatzel
Lucario/Garchomp

Pretty standard team. I've usually picked Piplup in Sinnoh playthroughs in the past, but have been gravitating more towards the Fire types lately. As for the two slashes, it really depends on how easy or hard it is to get Electivire & Lucario in the remakes. I'd imagine it will be pretty similar to how it was in DPPt, which means I probably won't use them. Might even keep Garchomp and swap Roserade with Lucario if I want to.

You get given a Riolu Egg on Iron Island by Riley. You run around a couple of minutes, it hatches. You run around again for a couple of minutes (maybe feed it some berries, give it a massage depending on whichever Happiness-mechanics they include this time around) and you have a lvl2 Lucario. It really isn't that hard in my experience.

As a nuzlocker, Friendship-evolutions are really OP since you can get stuff like Crobat quite early on without overlevelling a level-cap. There's a reason why some nuzlockers ban Blissey. It's simply way too powerful for a pokémon you can have before the 3rd gym in DP (Happiny-egg at Hearthome, Oval Stone in the Lost Tower on the next route and just run up and down a bit and you have a Blissey before Veilstone. Granted, it's not the best option for Maylene.. But you probably should have a Crobat by then. :p

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Manaphy sure is an 'interesting' choice.. But it's so straightforward and broken that I'm just going to let it rot in a box after breeding for Phione. I mean it gets Tail Glow from the start. It's got that bulky 100/100/100 defensive spread and you instantly take your 100 SpA to a +3. You can pretty much sweep most of Gen4 with a Speed stat of 100 as well. You might even want to go for Aqua Ring+Leftovers and your Water Mythical becomes relatively unbreakable.

Tail Glow / Scald / Shadow Ball / Energy Ball or Psychic. Couple with Infernape for Aaron and you've basically swept the Sinnoh League.
I see what you mean, & if Tail Glow is coded back into the game I may forget it, though the only reasons I’m considering Manaphy are because
  1. I missed out on getting one with the original games since I didn’t buy the Pokémon Ranger game back then
  2. The only other Water pokémon I like in Sinnoh are Buizel & Piplup, and I’ve used them to death in my past playthroughs

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I'm definitely getting both games, since the original DP were my first ever Pokemon games and I'm excited as hell to play them! Think I'll do what I'm doing with SwSh right now and play both at the same time, rotating between games after every gym.

That being said, these are my teams:
Brilliant Diamond:
470.png
470.png
470.png
470.png
470.png
470.png

Shining Pearl:
392.png
398.png
405.png
423-e.png
429.png
470.png

Shining Pearl is the easy one - I picked Infernape in that game with Staraptor and Luxray also being mainstays on my original team, Manaphy is a free gift and I'm not overly fussed about how OP it might be in-game, Mismagius is just cool and I've always wanted to use one and Leafeon was god-awful to use in Platinum so hopefully with how learning moves have changed it'll actually be usable in BDSP.

Brilliant Diamond is more reliant upon the remakes incorporating the QoL changes from Platinum - if Gible isn't available until the sixth gym thanks to Strength blocking the road then I'll have to change Garchomp for something, and again if Ralts isn't found on the route west of Hearthome like it is in Platinum (or is a nightmare to find in the new Underground) then Gallade will have to be swapped out too. What they'd be swapped out to... I don't know. Current options off the top of my head are Ambipom/Lopunny, Rotom, Lucario, Electivire, Magmortar or Mamoswine? Again, depends on how the new Underground is implemented/whether Pokemon found in Platinum will still be obtainable on the same routes. Rest of the team is simple enough - Roserade is so I don't over-level Piplup + was commonly found on my early Sinnoh teams, Honchkrow is just a cool Pokemon and Rampardos I've never used before. Should be fun.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My planned teams for my main save files will be this:

Pearl:
Turtwig
Starly
Shinx
Eevee (depending on how early you can get one)
Manaphy
Ponyta

Diamond:
Chimchar
Starly
Eevee
Manaphy
Stunky
Pachurisu

Torpoleon

You get given a Riolu Egg on Iron Island by Riley. You run around a couple of minutes, it hatches. You run around again for a couple of minutes (maybe feed it some berries, give it a massage depending on whichever Happiness-mechanics they include this time around) and you have a lvl2 Lucario. It really isn't that hard in my experience.

As a nuzlocker, Friendship-evolutions are really OP since you can get stuff like Crobat quite early on without overlevelling a level-cap. There's a reason why some nuzlockers ban Blissey. It's simply way too powerful for a pokémon you can have before the 3rd gym in DP (Happiny-egg at Hearthome, Oval Stone in the Lost Tower on the next route and just run up and down a bit and you have a Blissey before Veilstone. Granted, it's not the best option for Maylene.. But you probably should have a Crobat by then.
True, but then it's only level 1 when I already ga e 5 badges (I think you can do Iron Island before battling Byron).

Locormus

I see what you mean, & if Tail Glow is coded back into the game I may forget it, though the only reasons I’m considering Manaphy are because
  1. I missed out on getting one with the original games since I didn’t buy the Pokémon Ranger game back then
  2. The only other Water pokémon I like in Sinnoh are Buizel & Piplup, and I’ve used them to death in my past playthroughs

I guess other Water-options can be Gastrodon or Lumineon? Though both don't really match your theme I think.

True, but then it's only level 1 when I already ga e 5 badges (I think you can do Iron Island before battling Byron).

Can't deny that. That being said, a Lucario isn't hard to train. Between the decent typing and good moves it levels up quite fast. I often consider if it's worth it. You basically have Byron, Candice, Cyrus, Volkner, Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian and Cynthia left. It's actually somewhat of a liability when you get to the league.

Basically, I don't use it often but a claim that it's hard to get/use is pretty iffy.. :p

TwilightBlade

In Shining Pearl I'll probably use Infernape, Roserade, Gallade, Rhyperior, Floatzel and Electivire. Was thinking of using Luxray or Pachirisu but the latter isn't that great. :[