• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Planned Teams Thread

Torpoleon

Can't deny that. That being said, a Lucario isn't hard to train. Between the decent typing and good moves it levels up quite fast. I often consider if it's worth it. You basically have Byron, Candice, Cyrus, Volkner, Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian and Cynthia left. It's actually somewhat of a liability when you get to the league.

Basically, I don't use it often but a claim that it's hard to get/use is pretty iffy.. :p
By being hard to get, I just meant that it would take time to level it up to be where the rest of my team would be at.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
By being hard to get, I just meant that it would take time to level it up to be where the rest of my team would be at.

ExpShare? ;)

Julia Artemis

My intital ideas for Diamond and Pearl, though obviously could change

Diamond

Empoleon
Staraptor
Roserade
Gallade
Froslass
Luxray

Pearl
Infernape
Togekiss
Gastrodon
Skutank
Mismagius
Bronzong

Last edited:

TRNRLogan

Currently just Manaphy and Turtwig. Will decide on more closer to release.

Torpoleon

What would be the most ideal moveset for Luxray (based on SWSH's learnset).

Wild Charge is obviously a no brainer, but I'm having trouble deciding on other potential moves.

I've narrowed it down to the following: Psychic Fangs, Crunch, Fire Fang, Ice Fang & Play Rough. I could even give it the Wide Lens to basically guarantee that the lower accuracy moves hit (although I think this gives Play Rough 99% accuracy and not 100%).

I figure that Ice Fang would be an obvious pick as well due to covering Luxray's weakness. Thoughts? Haven't used one since Gen 4.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Wild Charge is obviously a no brainer, but I'm having trouble deciding on other potential moves.

I've narrowed it down to the following: Psychic Fangs, Crunch, Fire Fang, Ice Fang & Play Rough. I could even give it the Wide Lens to basically guarantee that the lower accuracy moves hit (although I think this gives Play Rough 99% accuracy and not 100%).

I figure that Ice Fang would be an obvious pick as well due to covering Luxray's weakness. Thoughts? Haven't used one since Gen 4.
I usually run Wild Charge, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, and either Facade (for Guts), Play Rough, or Crunch (would recommend Superpower but I only used it for Max Knuckle). Ultimately the 4th move should be used on whatever the rest of your team can’t cover.

Torpoleon

I usually run Wild Charge, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, and either Facade (for Guts), Play Rough, or Crunch (would recommend Superpower but I only used it for Max Knuckle). Ultimately the 4th move should be used on whatever the rest of your team can’t cover.
That's good to know. I'll definitely see where most of my other team members have coverage.

Chimchar15

So I thought that when we eventually got remakes I would use my typical favorites Infernape, Staraptor and Luxray. However I've actually been considering getting out of my comfort zone so instead I might use:

Empoleon
Roserade
Honchcrow
Gallade
Hippowdon
Magmortar

I figure this could be a nice change from the norm.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'll be doing a gen 4 only run on Pearl, with a couple pre evolution exceptions.
  • Empoleon
  • Staraptor
  • Roserade
  • Magmortor
  • Mismagius
  • Lucario

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Knowing that Home compatibility will not be available at the start I don’t think I’ll be running Manaphy like I thought. I originally planned to use one of my leftovers from the original games and save the event one. Although, I may change my mind when the game releases (might even save myself extra copies of it just like I did all those years ago). But since I think the other two options are trash, I for sure will stick with Chimchar. So I only have one—possibly two—planned team members. I’ll wait and see what Pokémon are available in game and what the final Pokédex looks like upon release.

Locormus

Luxray's Gen8 moveset is so weird to be honest..

I mean what sticks out is it ThunderFang being REMOVED from the Level-up moveset and only getting Crunch at level 56 Wild Charge at LEVEL 80.

Meaning that you'll have a Bite + Spark Luxray for most of the playthrough.

Also, Psychic Fangs, Play Rough and stuff like Superpower and Iron Tail are TR's. It's currently unclear if those make it to BDSP.

But there's always the good chance they'll do a BDSP-adjusted movepool/learnset.

That's good to know. I'll definitely see where most of my other team members have coverage.

Just to add to @Ignition's post. He talked about Facade, but Guts is a hidden ability and I don't know how accessable that's going to be in BDSP.

As for the 4th moveslot... Just look at what type your team is most weak against.

Knowing that Home compatibility will not be available at the start I don’t think I’ll be running Manaphy like I thought. I originally planned to use one of my leftovers from the original games and save the event one. Although, I may change my mind when the game releases (might even save myself extra copies of it just like I did all those years ago). But since I think the other two options are trash, I for sure will stick with Chimchar. So I only have one—possibly two—planned team members. I’ll wait and see what Pokémon are available in game and what the final Pokédex looks like upon release.

You have leftover Manaphy? Like legitimately obtained Manaphy?

The only reason I had leftover Manaphy because I had an R4 on which I played the Ranger Game - which I legitimately transfered to my not so legitimate Platinum at the time (I got a legitimate one later) and would constantly hatch, transfer to White and re-upload the save file that still had the egg (and repeat). But that's as close to hacking that I've ever done honestly. But with the Switch and Home you can honestly do the same thing, if you just create infinite Nintendo Accounts (start up game, transfer Manaphy to Home -> Transfer to main account -> Restart game on secondary account, etc.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I mean what sticks out is it ThunderFang being REMOVED from the Level-up moveset

Technically, Spark & Thunder Fang are same, except that Thunder Fang has additional 10% "Flinch" chance (though that causes it to drop its Paralysis chance to 10% as well, against Spark which has 30%) and lower accuracy.
Well, it would have been different if Luxray had "Strong Jaw", then the loss of Thunder Fang in its level-up move-set would be more understandable. But since its not the case, the loss isn't that big.

Not sure about the Event's ones, but i think it should still be theoretically possible to get multiple Legal Manaphy, as long as one still has a copy of the first Ranger Game, and a way to completely erase its save file (along with one copy of 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th Gen games).

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While I have my Brilliant Diamond team pretty much figured out (aside from reserves), I'm trying to figure out a team for a possible Shining Pearl playthrough if I get that game too. I know I'll wait until BDSP gets Home connectivity to play it though since I want to use several of my pokemon from my Soul Silver & Platinum playthroughs for the latter half of the game.
  • Torterra
  • Luxray
  • Glameow/Purugly
  • Sudowoodo
  • Ambipom
  • Mothim
  • Porygon-Z
  • Garchomp

Importing from SS & Pt:
  • Mamoswine
  • Espeon
  • Octillery
  • Tangela/Tangrowth

Locormus

While I have my Brilliant Diamond team pretty much figured out (aside from reserves), I'm trying to figure out a team for a possible Shining Pearl playthrough if I get that game too. I know I'll wait until BDSP gets Home connectivity to play it though since I want to use several of my pokemon from my Soul Silver & Platinum playthroughs for the latter half of the game.
  • Torterra
  • Luxray
  • Glameow/Purugly
  • Sudowoodo
  • Ambipom
  • Mothim
  • Porygon-Z
  • Garchomp

Importing from SS & Pt:
  • Mamoswine
  • Espeon
  • Octillery
  • Tangela/Tangrowth

That's quite the swing! I see you kept Porygon-Z, but the rest all changed iirc?

Ps. Isn't Glameow/Purugly a Pearl-exclusive originally?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
That's quite the swing! I see you kept Porygon-Z, but the rest all changed iirc?

Ps. Isn't Glameow/Purugly a Pearl-exclusive originally?
Yeah, all these options are ideas for a possible Shining Pearl team though.

My Brilliant Diamond team’s going to be the one we discussed in the PMs:
  • Infernape
  • Manaphy/ Mega Lopunny
  • Rampardos
  • Chimecho/Chatot
  • Yanmega
  • Electivire

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Luxray's Gen8 moveset is so weird to be honest..

I mean what sticks out is it ThunderFang being REMOVED from the Level-up moveset and only getting Crunch at level 56 Wild Charge at LEVEL 80.

Also, Psychic Fangs, Play Rough and stuff like Superpower and Iron Tail are TR's. It's currently unclear if those make it to BDSP.

But there's always the good chance they'll do a BDSP-adjusted movepool/learnset.

Just to add to @Ignition's post. He talked about Facade, but Guts is a hidden ability and I don't know how accessable that's going to be in BDSP.

As for the 4th moveslot... Just look at what type your team is most weak against.

The only reason I had leftover Manaphy because I had an R4 on which I played the Ranger Game - which I legitimately transfered to my not so legitimate Platinum at the time (I got a legitimate one later) and would constantly hatch, transfer to White and re-upload the save file that still had the egg (and repeat). But that's as close to hacking that I've ever done honestly. But with the Switch and Home you can honestly do the same thing, if you just create infinite Nintendo Accounts (start up game, transfer Manaphy to Home -> Transfer to main account -> Restart game on secondary account, etc.
It's definitely possible that the levels it learns moves at will be different in BDSP. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you

To the best of my knowledge they are legit. I had a friend who played the Ranger games but never got into DPP so I would get an egg every time she restarted Ranger. But this was way back when I was in high school. So maybe she never legitimately got the course for Ranger but I remember about 6 times where I got an egg off her game. So since I did it the right way on my end they are legit as far as I know.

But I will probably make an extra account or two on the switch with the sole purpose of having extra Manaphy again.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not gonna try to get extra Manaphy. I have on in Home, as well as once the games are out. Two's plenty. But I will at least try to get it in a good nature. Depending on how the egg is obtained. But not for the storyline.

Anyways, I've been thinking about my planned team and honestly, I think I should forgo Magmortor. I'd have to trade it to evolve, and frankly, once I get my hands on Pearl, I'm pretty sure I'm going to beat it in one sitting, and will probably not even want to connect online and do trades with anyone.

So instead, I think I'll use Pachirisu, and have Fire moves rather than a Fire Type. Did it before, can do again.

Locormus

Yeah, all these options are ideas for a possible Shining Pearl team though.

My Brilliant Diamond team’s going to be the one we discussed in the PMs:
  • Infernape
  • Manaphy/ Mega Lopunny
  • Rampardos
  • Chimecho/Chatot
  • Yanmega
  • Electivire

Welp, I misread the first line of your post as: "well, I've figured out my BD-team" (instead of 'while') and skipped the rest of the post aside from the team. My bad.

But I will probably make an extra account or two on the switch with the sole purpose of having extra Manaphy again.

That's absolutely fair.

I still have to do that for the sake of getting two Kubfu and both Glastrier and Spectrier. I haven't gotten round to it - because well, I hadn't gotten round to doing anything with the DLC yet. Heck, I just caught Zacian three days ago.

I'm not gonna try to get extra Manaphy. I have on in Home, as well as once the games are out. Two's plenty. But I will at least try to get it in a good nature. Depending on how the egg is obtained. But not for the storyline.

Anyways, I've been thinking about my planned team and honestly, I think I should forgo Magmortor. I'd have to trade it to evolve, and frankly, once I get my hands on Pearl, I'm pretty sure I'm going to beat it in one sitting, and will probably not even want to connect online and do trades with anyone.

So instead, I think I'll use Pachirisu, and have Fire moves rather than a Fire Type. Did it before, can do again.

The advertisement said that gaining the egg requires two hours of gaming. I'm guessing that this means you might get it instead of Togepi at Eterna City? That would be the furthest point I'd expect a player to be at after 2 hours - unless they speedrun.

Playing Pearl in one sitting is a heck of a long time though. :O

Pachirisu can learn Fire-type moves?

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Playing Pearl in one sitting is a heck of a long time though. :O

Pachirisu can learn Fire-type moves?
When I'm hyped for a game, I can power through it really fast.

No, least I don't think it does. But I know Mismagius can learn Mystical Fire.