• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Planned Teams Thread

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I had hoped to use Gallade, Togekiss, Froslass, and Altaria, but I believe I’ll have to rely on the Underground to help me with that before getting the NatDex. The one I’m guaranteed to get easily is Roserade. It’s a team that relies a lot on stone evolutions though, so I’ll need to figure out how to make sure I’m getting those at a good time. Completely unsure about what to choose for a sixth that fits the vibe - might even just go with five to help make things a little more challenging on top of the triple-Ice weakness, since these games have the Exp Share problem again.

Overall with those five, I’m super excited. It’ll be great when we can get a Shaymin event or transfer from Home to get myself a Latias and shiny Latios. I’ll have my whole core team in one game, finally.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ay for once, I can actually try legitimately using a Honchkrow on the roster. Had to cheat in a Murkrow when I emulated Sinnoh the first time and other times I just refused to try doing anything and just went with Staraptor, Crobat, or Togekiss.

Last edited:

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
I plan to go through Brilliant Diamond with Empoleon, Honchkrow, Gallade, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, and Clefable. Getting Honchkrow, Clefable, and Mamoswine shouldn't be a problem; it's Gallade and Tangrowth I may need help with so I may need help from folks by trading with them. I don't know what I can offer in exchange; I highly doubt I'll catch any shinies nor will I catch any really rare pokemon for it, but I am willing to trade for them.

For my Shining Pearl team, I plan on having Torterra, Mightyena, Manetric, Ninetales, Gastrodon, and Togekiss in it. Again, I may need help; but this time, I plan on trading the eggs to the game once I finish Brilliant Diamond first.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This is making me want to restart my game... I want to use Gliscor but the Razor Fang seems to be obtainable only post-game. Unless it's hidden location in Platinum (Route 214) stayed the same.

I also wanted Drifblim but I have to wait until next Friday to get it.

With the limited selection of Gen 4 Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex, it's really hard to stick with a Gen 4 only run.

wildcaml

re: member
This is making me want to restart my game... I want to use Gliscor but the Razor Fang seems to be obtainable only post-game. Unless it's hidden location in Platinum (Route 214) stayed the same.

I also wanted Drifblim but I have to wait until next Friday to get it.

With the limited selection of Gen 4 Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex, it's really hard to stick with a Gen 4 only run.
lmaooo i also wanted to use Drifblim! cheeky little ILCA and Nintendo putting the game out on a friday here xD

Autobot N

After a lot of deliberation, I've finally decided on my first two Shining Pearl teams:

Team 1:
Torterra
Jirachi
Ursaring
Honchkrow (gonna have my brother trade me one and breed it so it has my OT)
Tentacruel
Froslass

Team 2 (my preferred team, but I'm doing a different one first since I'm playing along with a friend who wants to use Empoleon, so I deferred to him for team 1):
Empoleon
Mew
Mamoswine
Cherrim
Togekiss
Heracross

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ah screw it, I think for Round 1 I’m settling with:

-Infernape
-Luxray
-Honchkrow
-Garchomp
-Lucario
-Weavile

I am so glad that I don’t need a Water type on the roster due to the HM app on the Poketch.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
As of right now, I only thinking of using torterra & luxray. Though luxray could be subject to change. I’m super finicky with my team decision. I was hoping to use some Pokémon from my sheild version that i prepared for BD, but…

I’m wanting houndoom in my team as he’s my favorite Pokemon & couldn’t have him at all in SWSH, but have to trade it as I went with BD. Heck, I might have to get the majority of my team off trades because such limited options till post game… expcally since I rather have fairy types to deal with dragon types.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
My plan is to use at least one pokemon that I have not used in Gen 4, and as weird as it sounds, I am tempted to use Manaphy on the squad as it is a Gen 4 'mon I haven't used and as it's a Mythical it's not like I'm going to use it online anyway. Also unlike my other Gen 4 runs, I kinda don't want to use Staraptor or Luxray, too obvious.
Planned squad:
- Torterra (starter in Diamond and want to continue the trend of using the etarter I used in the original
- Manaphy
- Houndoom (tempted to go for a shiny one, nothing to do with the TCG by the way, same reason as originally wanting to use Octillery)
- Clefable
- Magnezone
- Toxicroak

NeoDude-5000

The team I'm going to use includes the 5 core members from my original Pearl team:
Infernape
Staraptor
Floatzel
Pachirisu
Lucario

I was going to have Glaceon as my Platinum representative but since ILCA thought it would be a "smart" move (not a contest pun it was sarcasm) to use the original DP PokeDex instead the updated Platinum Dex I can't get one. And I don't want to use Palkia either.

Any suggestions for a 6th member for this team? (not Roserade) I really don't know who to use.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Update I now have and just got past eterna forest.

Monferno
Jirachi (Sword Gift)
Manaphy
Staravia
Psyduck
Luxio

xEryChan

Demon Child
My current Team as of now is

1. Monferno
2. Luxio
3. Staraptor
4. Floatzel
5. Budew (yeah, still has not evolved at level 21)

I’m planning on adding Gible as soon as possible

Pokefan_1987

So far i still have the same team but i picked up a surprisingly strong lvl 29 Buneary while i was in the underground. Still haven't found waterstones for psyduck or any fossils.

Red and Blue

I'm at Fatina's gym and I currently I have

1. Torterra
2. Manaphy
3. Croagunk
4. Togetic
5. Bronzong
6. Ponyta

Thanks the the Grand Underground I was able to get my Togepi and Crogunk before the second gym :)

Last edited:

Kingbra357

My team would be...
-Empoleon (did Infernape on Platinum and Torterra on Diamond)
-Togekiss
-Jirachi
-Garchomp
-Weavile
-Leafeon

I'm currently at Eterna City to find shinies in the Underground. I currently have Prinplup, Luxio, Staravia, Mew, Jirachi, and a recently caught Gligar.

Kingbra357

My team would be...
-Empoleon (did Infernape on Platinum and Torterra on Diamond)
-Togekiss
-Jirachi
-Garchomp
-Weavile
-Leafeon

I'm currently at Eterna City to find shinies in the Underground. I currently have Prinplup, Luxio, Staravia, Mew, Jirachi, and a recently caught Gligar.
Any way I can get sneasel and gible early?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Current team after obtaining the second badge:

- Monferno (Sun Wukong)
- Staravia (Dagr)
- Luxio (Simba)
- Manaphy (Neptune)
- Shellos (Katsuyu)
- Jirachi (Jinn)/Budew

Was able to capture a Roselia with Extrasensory while in the Grand Underground, it having a Quiet nature was a bit bittersweet however.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Just the standard Flygon, Lucario, Gardevoir, Arcanine, and the other wild card team. Don't have them all just yet but it's a work in progress.

Pokefan_1987

For those who have Manaphy or wish to use one.....It's really good. Using Tail Glow at least twice and then any move like Bubble Beam will turn this into a water Jellyfish of doom. He was a big help against Byron's Gym.