• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Plantuim, the begining of the end

oske

As some of you may know Pokemon Platinum is the 3rd part in the D/P series, what are your thoughts on it? Good? Bad? I know i'm getting it due to my medical illness PFC ( Poke Freak Cancer ) it mostly affects children and people from age of 10 to 30, further reserch on PFC is needed. Anywayz as much as I hate to say it pokemon has to come to end some day, and I hope it goes down in a blaze of glory, one last great pokemon game where you can explore every region, get every legendary pokemon, battle friends on Platinum, D/P, and this new pokemon game I speak of. All good things come to an end, but of course if they do go out in a blaze of glory there going to make 5 versions of the game I speak of -laughs-;munchlax;

NotChip

®™
You can always trade and if you don't have a second DS then just put them up on the GTS.
Problem there is that anyone can trade for what ever you put on the GTS.

Well I guess you can always temp trade them to people you know on here then trade them back down once you switch your game.

PinoyfuryZ

yah theres plenty of nice people (like me, or am I :p ) who will help u trade. :D .....at least with all the people i met so far. I dont know if others had worse exerpiences..

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
I don't think the franchise is going to die anytime soon. But that's just my opinion. As long as it doesn't become a watered down and outright hated franchise, Nintendo and Game Freak will continue to work with Satoshi Tajiri to make new pokemon, new regions, and new items, for the sake of making their respective companies a lot of money, of course.

However, when the franchise does finally retire I'd also like a game that enabled all pokemon to be obtained, all badges to be won, all regions to be visited in their full glory, and all items to be acquireable. That and I'd like it if the Pokemon count was close to 1,000 by then. That would make the game so awesome, in my opinion anyway.

P.S. I also want a powerful Legendary pokemon model after the Japanese Kitsune. ;038; Kitsunes are Awesome! ;038;

P.P.S. I'd also like to battle and capture it in a Japanese-esque Temple/Shrine. ;038;

knuclear200x

This is the version ive been expecting and waiting for, for as of today i have never picked up the D or P.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
The Mario, Zelda, and Metroid franchises have been around since the 80's and still make games today. Pokemon is almost as popular if not as popular as those franchises. So given the popularity of Pokemon compared to retro Nintendo franchises, it is very, very unlikely that Pokemon will end suddenly. Even with a creation Pokemon revealed.

Benoxxxx

Water Pokémon Lover!
The designs in Pokémon have been going downhill since the 2nd gen. To some extent, I hope the end it before they kill it, but I expect I would still pay the money even if the Pokémon looked awful.

phantom1113

Not a random nub
as long as people are stupid enough to buy pokemon stuff they will continue. that's why its so retarded when people say there will be no g/s/c remake cuz.... people want it so nintendo will make it since they'l make money with it

Mewchirio

as long as people are stupid enough to buy pokemon stuff they will continue. that's why its so retarded when people say there will be no g/s/c remake cuz.... people want it so nintendo will make it since they'l make money with it
Well, that's not specifically true, as I doubt that they'll be creating one that has all Pokemon and Badges obtainable and all reions able to visited...

~Mewchirio~

twilight trainer

UNBEATABLE TRAINER
It won't be the end if it sells well.

maxx unlimited

<-Gender Undisclosed
I doubt it will end soon.

canyoubeatme111

Im still lonely
i love pokemon and never will stop , if it does go out hopefully it would be when im dead

knuclear200x

pokemon'll never end, and someday they'll make a series where pokemon might become downloadable content whenever a new one comes out, in a next-gen something online thing so u just buy one game so itll be as massive as WoW except gameplay will be the same

Last edited:

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Hopefully it won't end soon

voltianqueen

Fire and Lightning!
Why on earth would they suddenly end something that's earning them so much money? :/

MidnightStorm

Why on earth would they suddenly end something that's earning them so much money? :/

What I was going to say. You see, Nintendo isn't interested in having a grand ending to their franchise. This isn't all about ending with an awesome finish, leaving really strong, b/c if they did do that, they would be running away from a lot of money. The sales for D/P were huge, and they reaped the benefits of us buying the games. So Pokemon will most likely end due to loss of interest by the consumers, or the economy drags them down.