• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Plantuim, the begining of the end

Vycksta

Oh man, Platinum's only been known for a few days and already it's OMG END OF THE POKEWORLD. I remember seeing these sort of threads for Emerald. o@

I personally think Platinum's going to own with the extended Team Galactic plot and Giratina's origin mode... and of course Giratina being the version mascot... yet Pearl will syat my main 4th gen game unless Volkner IS going to be the champion and I certainly don't think it's the end of the franchise. I'm aware that in some cases they like to end things with a grand flourish while it's at the top yet I can't see it for Pokemon, it's going too strongly. Arceus' existence means nothing either, Mewtwo's before Mew in the Pokedex after all.

oske

Thanks for all the opinions, i'm not saying I want it to end, it's just that if all new pokemon endup being as stupid as Bidoof i'm not going to buy the games or play them.

EmeraldLeafBlade

The designs in Pokémon have been going downhill since the 2nd gen.
You honestly think this thing...
http://mmii.info/icons/lightspeeddash/pokemon_geodudeAnimated2.gif
Looks better than...
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/392.png
this, Mr./Mrs. Opinions = Fact? I also find it funny that you have Azurill in your avatar, which is a third gen Pokemon.

Ugh, I'm getting sick of "OMG TEH SERUZS IS GUHNA END" topics. It's a very popular series that gives Nintendo lots of money. WHY would they want to end it? Give me one good reason. "arceuz is a GOD pokeymon" doesn't count.

;manafi;~EmeraldLeafBlade~;363;

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I'm approximately 99.9% sure that Platinum won't be the end. Nintendo is making WAY too much money right now to even think about shutting down our beloved Pocket Monsters.

Just think, Emerald is just like Platinum. Thus, starting a whole new cycle of 2 new versions, and a final 3rd version of that series.

And so on, and so on.

I beleive that Pokemon will be the longest lasting anime the world has ever known.

KetchupO

tωisted
Pokemon won't end unless it stops making money.

It's kinda impossible for it to end with a great BANG because that awesome game would sell and then, they wouldn't need to stop the franchise :)

And yeah, enough with these threads o_o

gogaomon

well pokemon is nintendo's best rpg and monster game for kids about ten years old(not that older people arent allowed to play) so like mario, i believe it will stay or awhile.

Mewx

OUs are A-OK!
I just know its going to make it so much further then 5th.
I just know it will!

Shicon_nl

Leve het vaderland!
just look at the amount of fans(users) they make a huge profit. If everyone keeps playing this will not end very soon.

As some of you may know Pokemon Platinum is the 3rd part in the D/P series, what are your thoughts on it? Good? Bad? I know i'm getting it due to my medical illness PFC ( Poke Freak Cancer ) it mostly affects children and people from age of 10 to 30, further reserch on PFC is needed. Anywayz as much as I hate to say it pokemon has to come to end some day, and I hope it goes down in a blaze of glory, one last great pokemon game where you can explore every region, get every legendary pokemon, battle friends on Platinum, D/P, and this new pokemon game I speak of. All good things come to an end, but of course if they do go out in a blaze of glory there going to make 5 versions of the game I speak of -laughs-;munchlax;

All I have to say is...

Every,single,time,there,is,a,new,game,people,think,its,the,beginning,of,the,end,and,it,never,is!

Larry

Pokemno will go for probably a few more gens...Nintendo makes ALOT off of it...

HoundoomTrainer

YOU GIVE ME MIGRAINE
The designs in Pokémon have been going downhill since the 2nd gen. To some extent, I hope the end it before they kill it, but I expect I would still pay the money even if the Pokémon looked awful.

I can kinda agree with this. I think the bird and dragon models in the 3rd and 4th gens are far worse than those in the first and second ones. Much less detail and much more cartoony.

But even with something like Geodude, whoever mentioned it, it has a lot more detail than Torterra. Note that I say detail and not additions. Yeah, he has a tree and mountain on his back, but overall he is a very smooth-looking Pokemon, whereas Geodude is craggy and rough.

NoNamer

i just cant wait to get it.
2009.... >_>

CrystalSaurTower

I can kinda agree with this. I think the bird and dragon models in the 3rd and 4th gens are far worse than those in the first and second ones. Much less detail and much more cartoony.

But even with something like Geodude, whoever mentioned it, it has a lot more detail than Torterra. Note that I say detail and not additions. Yeah, he has a tree and mountain on his back, but overall he is a very smooth-looking Pokemon, whereas Geodude is craggy and rough.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa074.png Uh, this looks pretty smooth to me.

People really don't get how popular Pokemon is in Japan. Just look at this article from pokebeach about someone living in pokemania.

HikariTajiri

Back! =D
Honestly, I don't believe how many Pokémon bashers there are on here. This is a Pokémon forum! I will always support Pokémon, wherever destiny takes us. Always.

Unfortunately, Platinum will most likely be do little to improve upon Diamond and Pearl. On another note, with the inclusion of Arceus being the "god Pokémon" and all, I have little reason to believe a fifth generation will ever happen (and yes, I am fully aware that Nintendo will keep producing the games for profit; however, has any other series spawned this many characters?).

Alloute

Not Banned
Pokemon WILL end eventually, most likely in a few years. Nothing lasts forever....