• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Plantuim, the begining of the end

Theneedleman

crazyengage
made me think of
Nothing Lasts Forever - Maroon 5

All I can say is that after R/S things have gone down and will continue to go down in smoke.

BCVM22

All I can say is that after R/S things have gone down and will continue to go down in smoke.

Which is precisely why Diamond and Pearl have sold in record numbers in every territory. That's the telltale sign of a franchise going down in smoke if you ask me.

Remember, all you 13-and-older-year-olds out there, just because you've grown and matured (in theory) and don't enjoy the games as much you as you used to anymore, doesn't mean the games are going downhill. At all.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Pokemon I see it is much differnt then Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby etc etc...

They use the same char. each time Mario goes on an exciteing adventure yay~! They create a few new characters and walla! You have a game that sells millions. Pokemon on the other hand has to keep on creating new pokemon every so often to keep it alive. 1st gen 2nd gen and so on.

If you didn't get that...

Mario: It has the same char each time with exciteing spin offs and sports games and new adventures evry so often, One question? Does Mario have more spin off then adventure games? Mario has been an Icon they don't have to make 100+ new chars each game to realese it we like seeing that plumber and his friends. Thats why it has such a diffence from pokemon. Satoshi Tajir has to run out of ideas some times.

Either they keep this up until the make such un orginal pokemon that the franchise dies for lack of ideas. I mean 5th gen were getting more pokemon right ( if there is one )

Pokemon is based on realesing new little critters that we can catch. Every new RPG. 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen, 4th gen.

I'm not saying it will end right now just that comparing it to Mario and Zelda is kinda of pointless

Mario and Zeld both had story lines there still compleating

Zelda has his complacated time line
Mario has his spin offs
Pokemon has there what 10000000 creatures that lack creativity?

myotis

Gaomon Trainer
I am sure Pokemon will end when there's a region based on every part of the world. (But, by then, there'll probably be, like, 100 billion... But who cares?! I'm a total Pokemon Fanatic!)
:025ball: ;027;

myotis

Gaomon Trainer

GRRRR!!!! I think all Pokemon are adorable, beautiful... much better than anything you could probably think of. No offense, but it's just really hard to find good creativity these days. I'm one of the few people who is actually creative. Oh, and I'd be glad to bring this into a debate forum! Plus, there aren't 10,000,000 Pokemon at all. :) :025ball: ;027;

Last edited:
Ha. Haha. Hahaha. I laugh because you think Platinum is the last version. HA! Pokemon is Nintendo's 2nd best selling series. They're going to make more. There's no question about it. Will there be new Pokemon? Yes! Although, I'm saying GS remakes will come before Gen 5. But if Nintendo could pull off Gen 4, I think one more round isn't too crazy to think possible. But you can believe me or not, but I assure you: Platinum is not the end.

Validus

Pokemon I see it is much differnt then Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby etc etc...

They use the same char. each time Mario goes on an exciteing adventure yay~! They create a few new characters and walla! You have a game that sells millions. Pokemon on the other hand has to keep on creating new pokemon every so often to keep it alive. 1st gen 2nd gen and so on......

[Edited to save room scroll up to see full post]

.........Mario and Zeld both had story lines there still compleating

Zelda has his complacated time line
Mario has his spin offs

Pokemon does have some unique challenges compared to the others. Inspiration and Creativity can be found everywhere. We have to remember that Everyone isn't going to instantly love every pokemon. More pokemon = more opions and not all of them can be good. I'm not a fan of Sharpedo. To me it's just half a shark, but there are ppl who love it and i think thats Great!
Why bash something because you don't like it. Someone else does

HoundoomTrainer

YOU GIVE ME MIGRAINE
GRRRR!!!! I think all Pokemon are adorable, beautiful... much better than anything you could probably think of. No offense, but it's just really hard to find good creativity these days. I'm one of the few people who is actually creative. Oh, and I'd be glad to bring this into a debate forum! Plus, there aren't 10,000,000 Pokemon at all. :) :025ball: ;027;

AREN'T YOU ADORABLE?

As long as it can sell, they'll continue to ruin it, beat every last cool thing out of it, butcher it, slaughter it, and give up it's dignity to make a few bucks.

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
my fear is platinum is gonna be some lame game like yellow was

Profesco

gone gently
As long as it can sell, they'll continue to ruin it, beat every last cool thing out of it, butcher it, slaughter it, and give up it's dignity to make a few bucks.

Lol, as long as there are more Pokemon to draw and more Pokemon games to play, I'll still gladly hand over the money!

vhanix

Grass grower!
I just hope they will not ran out of ideas about pokemon and i hope they will not end up having the pokemon like characters in YUGIOH, ohh! they arent robots or something like them and here comes the idea of only a single pokemon with multiple types while changing their form (Not evolving process though)...

Last edited:

Patman

Cursed shadow
Pokemon should go down in a blaze of glory, but i'm not sure it will be too soon. If the game sells out quiclkly in many countries, of course they're gonna keep making games!

But i don't think they should keep going until there is like 1000+ pokemon

Dusk

Dawn
I can kinda agree with this. I think the bird and dragon models in the 3rd and 4th gens are far worse than those in the first and second ones. Much less detail and much more cartoony.

But even with something like Geodude, whoever mentioned it, it has a lot more detail than Torterra. Note that I say detail and not additions. Yeah, he has a tree and mountain on his back, but overall he is a very smooth-looking Pokemon, whereas Geodude is craggy and rough.

You're saying that Salamence is more cartoony that Dragonite? Dragonite is as smooth as a babies bottom. Dragonite looks like he could be in a bad episode of Dora the Explorer. I also think that Rayquaza has a little more detail than Jigglypuff...

The names have certainly been given more thought, I mean, Hypno and Mankey? WTF?

mangaeyes

Don't make a joke about medical illnesses please I know you were only joking but stil...

Anyway, as much as I would like more generations it looks unlikely. I don't know how they will top this generations legendarys or even its name! Then again if Nintendo could make money from it then I think Nintendo will do it...Lots of arguements for and against it.

Ha. Haha. Hahaha. I laugh because you think Platinum is the last version. HA! Pokemon is Nintendo's 2nd best selling series. They're going to make more. There's no question about it. Will there be new Pokemon? Yes! Although, I'm saying GS remakes will come before Gen 5. But if Nintendo could pull off Gen 4, I think one more round isn't too crazy to think possible. But you can believe me or not, but I assure you: Platinum is not the end.

I agree. this is not the last version. Its too early to make 5th gen so the only thing to do untill then is to remake G/S/C. either that or remake red/blue again in which case i would just ignore its existance.