• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Plasma variant

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
When people say plasma, I think lugia, tornadus, maybe palkia, but not TDK, mainly because it has made a name for itself using those 3 cards as the major foundation for the deck, that and there is this nail place in the N.E. end of my city adequately named T.D.Kims (the TDK part all in caps).

Anyways here is a plasma deck with a few techs meant to give the deck a but more speed, and easy counters, please note, deck is based off of November 8th rules.

3 Deoxys EX
2 lugia EX
2-2 zoroark (foul play)
1 mr.mime

4 plasma
4 DCE
6 psychic

4 N
4 juniper
2 colress/skyla (depending)
2 shadow triad
4 frozen city
1 crushing hammer
2 scrapper
1 dowsing machine
2 catcher
3 switch
3 plasma ball
2 HTL
4 colress machine
1 max potion

Last edited:

Swagsire

I'm back! and this is bad. are you even trying here?
you have no kyurem, the centerpiece of the whole deck. or even absol. It's not even speed lugia. and only 3 deoxys? GL prizing them.
4 frozen city? uhmmmmmm.
would not run catcher, but thats not my call.
needs a lot of work. i just dont see what this deck is doing. Qwaa ;195;

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I thought you would read the first sentence "When people say plasma, I think lugia, tornadus, maybe palkia, but not TDK," pretty much meaning that this isn't TDK, and or pointed out the fact that I wasn't trying to build TDK, but thanks.

Also if you have nothing good to say why post at all?

Swagsire

because this is rate my deck. not kiss up to bad decks. the reason we run tdk, is because its the best plasma variant. this does nothing as far as i can tell. and even if it was to be speed lugia or something, its not built right. 4 frozen city is whacked man, especially with zoroark. i just have no clue what you are doing. Qwaa ;195;

Swagsire

It's called logic. It's like how players like me and you can tell strange pokemon lines that are inconsistent. Let me try and break it down. Tell me if I'm missing something.

you have 2 Lugia. your 4 plasma energy, DCE, and colress machine indicate that's it's pretty likely you want this set up fast. but the chance that you start with it at 2 is low, and chance you prize it is even higher
3 deoxys is a good support to lugia as we all know, and even though 3 is all you need on your bench, 4 is optimal based on prizing. I have a feeling you are trying to use it as an attacker as well considering the psychic energy, which isnt bad considering the popularity of mewtwo again.
1 mime works, but isnt even that necessary for this deck with heavy hp bench sitters

2-2 zoroark is making me scratch my head. You have no way to search it out. the line is thin. sure you have dce support, but it isnt plasma so it takes at least 20 damage if you drop one of your whopping 4 frozen city.

4 frozen city is too much. 4 stadiums is too much unless youre really panicked in blastoise. Or maybe youre only playing against blastoise decks.

and you have a few flip cards here and there that dont do much. You can do better. I know you can. If I'm missing something let me know. Qwaa ;195;

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I just made this deck for the hell of it, what's so wrong with that?

And as I have said in the past a lot, I dismantle these decks I post the week I post them.

As a note, you can make a line in the engine 4 dce and 4 colress machine, but run 2 lugia and not run it for speed but pure consistency.

Swagsire

I never said it was wrong. I said you could build it much better. Cause you really can. Truth be told 2 lugia will not consistently get you a lugia out. It should be more lugias either way. you can have the fastest engine in the world but if you dont have the pokemon youre sol. Qwaa;195;

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Truth be told 2 lugia will not consistently get you a lugia out.

That is exactly what I was going with.

I never wanted the fastest engine in the world just a purely consistent energy base attack engine, regardless of how fast or slow any of the 3 attackers would be to get out of the deck. the 4 frozen city we're purely asthetic to pull off various ko combinations.