• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum: Battle frontier help

So...I have these two locked, but I need a great lead.

1:???

2:
Gyarados w/ Life Orb
Jolly nature
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Waterfall
Earthquake

3: Scizor w/Leftovers
Adamant nature
Swords Dance
U-turn
Pursuit
Bullet Punch

I was thinking about using my modest Lucario, but I dont want to rely on him nor Scizor to take on STAB thunderbolts. I need somone bulky who can dish out a nice special attack that will hit anything hard that Gyarados and Scizor can't...

Any suggestions?
thanks in advance

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Gardevoir is fun , but it's gimmicky. Encore / Thunder Wave / Psychic / Destiny Bond might be fun.

CMHennigan

Have you considered a trick lead to let your other two pokemon set up? gyarados is fairly bulky and scizor has nice resistances and decent bulk, you could use a psychic trick scarf leader with trick/thunder wave/ flash/ recover or some other filler to set up on. Otherwise you could go with a Heatran, also a fairly bulky special sweeper that would provide good type coverage. Ground and fighting attacks are covered by switching to gyarados, and water are resisted by gyarados, should fill the spot fairly nicely.

CMHennigan

Oh and Flygon would fill that spot nicely. acts as a mixed sweeper, and isnt as played out as garchomp. He also completely resists electric attacks, meaning you'll get alot of ice/dragon/water enemy leads. scizor can take care of ice, gyarados can easily handle dragon and water types, but if you're going that route i would switch out stone edge for dragon claw/outrage. between DC and EQ you'll get near perfect coverage, save bronzong and skarmory.

Last edited: