• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum BT Team

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
I know second-to-nobody will even bother checking out this thread, but I might as well go on ahead and do it. Once I started EV training, I couldn't stop. I mean, I realized it wasn't that hard, just a bit time-consuming. But, I do see the results. Most of my pokemon have base stats of over 150 at lv.50 and one even got over 200! I mean, the other pokemon that I didn't bother EV training before now look so sucky compared to these. So, anyway, I don't plan on setting any new records or anything, and I don't think I can even beat Palmer with these, but I just wanted to get a second opinion on them.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
Ability: Pressure
4 HP/250 atk/255 spd
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break

Well, here's my lead. I messed up on the EV's a bit, but it still came out pretty ok. Basic Weavile set that we've all come to know and love. SD, then follow with an attack. It's that simple.

Magnezone @ Shuca Berry
Calm Nature<---I think it's Modest, though
Ability: Sturdy
4 HP/252 def/252 sp.atk
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Magnet Rise
-Substitute

After 12 tries, and have of them Rock HP's and another half of them Fighting HP's, I decided to justi stick with Flash Cannon. I don't think the EV's match up the nature too, but I'll go check later to make sure that it really does have a Calm nature.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Ability: Solid Rock
4 HP/252 atk/252 def
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Rock Polish

One of the very first ones I've EV trained. This is the one that got 207 atk at lv.50. Not very impressive, but I think it is. It even beat my old Rampardos! Thought that one was not EV trained...Anywho, I made this to be my tank, and Rock Polish is there to help out with the speed issue.

Oh, and I also got this Electivire. I think I might switch out Rhyperior with this.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Lonely Nature
Ability: Motor Drive
4 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

I stuck to Lonely nature, because all I got were Hardy natured Elekids when I was still hatching to get one. Pretty standard physical set. I figured MixVire might be a bit harder to do, so I went with physical.

Well, there you have it. Hope I didn't mess up too bad this time.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Fight weak o_O. I feel like this team has no central strategy whatsoever, and was just three pogeys you recently EV trained slapped into one team. I suggest you restart.

Weavile is fine.

Magnezone is...odd. I wouldn't use Magnet Rise; if you suspect something has Earthquake, GTFO. It's not worth the risk.

Rhyperior is okay.

If you tell me what pogey you want to keep on the team, I'll be more than happy to help you pick two other members.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Fight weak o_O. I feel like this team has no central strategy whatsoever, and was just three pogeys you recently EV trained slapped into one team. I suggest you restart.

Weavile is fine.

Magnezone is...odd. I wouldn't use Magnet Rise; if you suspect something has Earthquake, GTFO. It's not worth the risk.

Rhyperior is okay.

If you tell me what pogey you want to keep on the team, I'll be more than happy to help you pick two other members.

When I saw that you were the only one that posted, I thought "Oh no!"...and I was right! I'd actually say that this team is an improvement. Much better than all my other ones. I really did just pick pokemon that I recently EV trained. Once I've trained some more I guess I'll just focus on my dragon-based teams, or maybe just more sandstorm teams...oh, well. Oh, and since you insist, I would very much like you to give me two alternatives. The only one I really want to keep on this team is Magnezone, but it's a failure. Anyway, what could I replace Magnet Rise with?

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Gyarados and Magnezone are good teammates, as they cover eachother's weaknesses perfectly. Breloom makes a good third pogey, as it absorbs status and has a 100% sleep move.

OHKOs move aren't a problem due to Sturdy, Toxic Stalling isn't too much of an issue if you use Breloom, since you have a steel type.