• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum BT Team

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
I really should start making one for HG/SS, but right now I'm still focused on bettering my Platinum team.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Ability: Pressure
252 HP/4 atk/252 def
-Will-O-Wisp
-Fire Punch
-Pain Split
-Shadow Sneak

Slowly wears down the opponent's team. I thought it wouldn't be such a great idea to put a staller in lead, but I found out it's a rather smart move I made. Shadow Sneak enables me to quickly dispose of most Ghost-types, especially Gengar, with the exception of Kasib Berry-holding Mismagius. Takes on Palmer's Rhyperior and Dragonite quite well. Sp.Def isn't half bad either, so Milotic doesn't pose much of a threat.

Metagross @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Ability: Clear Body
4 HP/252 atk/252 def
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Explosion

Priority moves FTW on this team. I don't use Bullet Punch too often, but it helps to OHKO sweepers like such as Weavile. Currently testing out which item I should use. The reason I always lose on the 42nd battle was because I was locked in a move that was unfavorable at the time.

Empoleon @ Wise Glasses
Modest Nature
Ability: Torrent
252 HP/252 sp.atk/4 sp.def
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Yawn

Chose this>Milotic just because it can deal more damage to Palmer's Milotic with Grass Knot. OHKO's Rhyperior with superior speed and SUrf, and resists Dragonite's Dragon Claw to hit for a 4xdamage dealing Ice Beam. Occasionally 2HKO's Milotic, if it doesn't get the chance to use Shell Bell.

I know this might be yesterday's news, but yeah. I'm still trying to get past that 42-win mark.

Arsel

Seems pretty good to me. Some small notes though:

You might want to change the Ev-spreads on Dusknoir and Metagross. On Dusknoir, you'll get the highest amount of overall bulk by running 252 HP/96 Def/160 Sp.Def with an Impish nature. On Metagross, max out your HP before your defenses, so change to 252 HP/252 Att/6 Spe.

The Battle tower is also known as the Hax Tower, since it uses Evasion increasing moves and OHKO moves (that often hits) quite much. To get past the Evasion, I'd suggest that you put Shadow Punch over Shadow Sneak on Dusknoir. Dusknoir is also a good choice since it is immune to all OHKO moves except Sheer Cold.

Metagross wants Meteor Mash in there too. It'll KO almost anything not resisting it or isn't very bulky. Bullet Punch can go over Explosion, if you still want the priority. About the item, the standard is to use C. Band, but since it's in the BT, Life Orb is a pretty good option since you've only got 3 Pokés to work with.

Empoleon then.. Your set seems good already, Agility or Substitute is options over Yawn, but whatever.

Last edited:

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Thank you very much. I think I'll keep my Dusknoir spread because I'm not willing to train all over again for that one, but I think I might make some more changes to Metagross. I think I might keep Shadow Sneak on Dusknoir because I mainly use it to finish pogeys that survive Pain Split+Will-O-Wisp. Shadow Punch would be great, but I think it might fit better on a Trick Room set. I'm thinking of replacing Empoleon with Milotic now, for some better tanking. Thanks much for the feedback. I rarely recieve any, if at all.

AlCario

Banned
I really should start making one for HG/SS, but right now I'm still focused on bettering my Platinum team.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Ability: Pressure
252 HP/4 atk/252 def
-Will-O-Wisp
-Fire Punch
-Pain Split
-Shadow Punch

Slowly wears down the opponent's team. I thought it wouldn't be such a great idea to put a staller in lead, but I found out it's a rather smart move I made. Shadow Sneak enables me to quickly dispose of most Ghost-types, especially Gengar, with the exception of Kasib Berry-holding Mismagius. Takes on Palmer's Rhyperior and Dragonite quite well. Sp.Def isn't half bad either, so Milotic doesn't pose much of a threat.

Shadow Punch for hax protection, your team needs it. Otherwise, pretty standard.

Metagross @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Ability: Clear Body
4 HP/252 atk/252 def
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Explosion

Priority moves FTW on this team. I don't use Bullet Punch too often, but it helps to OHKO sweepers like such as Weavile. Currently testing out which item I should use. The reason I always lose on the 42nd battle was because I was locked in a move that was unfavorable at the time.

Meteor Mash for powerful STAB. Choice Band would generally work better than Life Orb on this set, but consider Muscle Band if you don't want to be locked into the same move.

Empoleon @ Wise Glasses
Modest Nature
Ability: Torrent
252 HP/252 sp.atk/4 sp.def
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Yawn

Chose this>Milotic just because it can deal more damage to Palmer's Milotic with Grass Knot. OHKO's Rhyperior with superior speed and SUrf, and resists Dragonite's Dragon Claw to hit for a 4xdamage dealing Ice Beam. Occasionally 2HKO's Milotic, if it doesn't get the chance to use Shell Bell.

Looks fine to me.

I know this might be yesterday's news, but yeah. I'm still trying to get past that 42-win mark.

Comments in bold

AlCario

Banned
But the dusknoir...maybe no will o wisp?

Will-o-Wisp is important on any Dusknoir set; it provides some extra damage and stops physical sweepers in their tracks, adding to Dusknoir's walling capabilities...