• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum E4 Smacker

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Platinum E4 Smacker [Rate My Team]

So I restarted my Platinum since it's kinda boring. Here I go again.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers <- From Diamond
Lv. 55
Nature: Calm
-Toxic Spikes
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Barrier / Sludge Bomb

Lead.
Deciding whether to use Sludge Bomb or Barrier. SB for coverage, but Barrier gives me much-needed Defense.

Infernape @ Fist Plate
Lv. 58
Nature: Hasty
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat
-ThunderPunch
-Grass Knot

Mixed Infernape.

Weavile @ NeverMeltIce
Lv. 56
Nature: Adamant
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break
-Shadow Claw

Physical Weavile. Ghost+Fighting gets ultimate coverage, Dark+Ice STAB combo is great.

Gyarados @ Splash Plate
Lv. 57
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang

Standard DD Gyara moveset.

Rotom-W(ash)
Lv. 59
Nature: Modest
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Toxic

Nothing special, lol.

I'm only doing this with 5 Pokemon.

Last edited:

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^

Lv. 55
-Toxic Spikes
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Barrier / Sludge Bomb

Lead.
Deciding whether to use Sludge Bomb or Barrier. SB for coverage, but Barrier gives me much-needed Defense.

This is ingame right, against the Elite 4 your going to want to go with sludge bomb.

Infernape @ Fist Plate
Lv. 58
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat
-ThunderPunch
-Grass Knot

Mixed Infernape.

Nice mixture, not much to say, just think about changing your itme, maybe a Life orb or if not a chocie scarf, if not that then maybe leftovers.

Weavile @ NeverMeltIce
Lv. 56
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break
-Shadow Claw

Physical Weavile. Ghost+Fighting gets ultimate coverage, Dark+Ice STAB combo is great.

Gyarados @ Splash Plate
Lv. 57
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang

Rotom-W(ash)
Lv. 59
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Toxic

Nothing special, lol.

try and get all your pokemons levels even.

Ok This is my come back review, im not doing competitive but Im good at help for Ingame im a bit rusty atm so give me a chance.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
I don't have Life Orb in Platinum, and in Diamond, I use them in my competitive team.

Dragard

I wasn't even there.

Lv. 55
-Toxic Spikes
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Barrier / Sludge Bomb

Lead.

Infernape @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Lv. 58
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat
-ThunderPunch
-Grass Knot

Mixed Infernape.

Weavile @ Life Orb / Muscle Band
Lv. 56
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance / Aerial Ace

I guess you haven't noticed that Dark and Ghost hit the exact same things for super effective. Dark + Fight = Ultimate Coverage as well, plus dark gets STAB, making shadow claw worthless.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Lv. 57
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang

Rotom-W(ash)
Lv. 59
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Toxic

Nothing special, lol.

Changes in BOLD.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Ice hits Grass as well, so no Aerial Ace. But 'Vile is way too frail to utilize SD. I don't have much options as well, so I might use Metal Claw.

Ice hits Grass as well, so no Aerial Ace. But 'Vile is way too frail to utilize SD. I don't have much options as well, so I might use Metal Claw.

Aerial Ace also hits Fighting types. Vile is not too frail to use Swords Dance if you use Muscle Band, as it will usually survive one Neutral Attack. And Metal Claw is crap =/

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
But his Physical movepool is too shallow. But I'll consider Aerial Ace.

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
Weaville isnt to weak to use SD, just give it a FB and then use it on you first turn and then sweep, but remeber if you do that then when your EV traing put max in speed and some in def, I know putting some in defence doesnt make much sence but if the first hit from say a Charizard using Aerial Ace gets you down to half with the eves instead off a one hit KO without them then that means (depending on the Charizards evs) that you should be able to survie another hit meaning you can get in anpther Swords dance and then sweep. Or you could just go with AA :D

Edit 1, Think outside the box and use some more interesting Items the plates are wothless unless you have an Arceus, as the only rasie that one type and as you only have one move for that one type its a waste maybe an item to benifit them more than just that one power raise.

Last edited: