• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Episode?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I dont know if to laugh or to cry from the fact they actually gave them such teams

Well, I set my expectations low.. But it seems so incredibly wrong when they obviously have the options to improve on the teams if they indeed include the Platinum Dex (I mean it sure looks like it).

At this point these kind of bombs make me fear that even that isn't a sure thing anymore. That the Platinum+ pokémon will only be PostGame.. >.<

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Maybe a mythical a la Deoxys in ORAS, but Distortion World wasn't in Diamond and Pearl, not expecting it here.
I dont think a Sinnoh game can be complete without the Distortion World
But I also think it won’t be there unfortunately

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I dont think a Sinnoh game can be complete without the Distortion World
But I also think it won’t be there unfortunately
HGSS included the Suicune story introduced in Crystal and ORAS included the Rayquaza story introduced in Emerald (with a slight change). Precedent has been set so I believe the Giratina story introduced in Platinum will be included (with maybe some slight changes).

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
HGSS included the Suicune story introduced in Crystal and ORAS included the Rayquaza story introduced in Emerald (with a slight change). Precedent has been set so I believe the Giratina story introduced in Platinum will be included (with maybe some slight changes).
I very much hope you are right.

Golden_Arcanine

I'd say it's unlikely in the sense that we're probably not going to get some post-game play through where you get a Mythical pokemon.

ShadowForce720

I'd say it's unlikely in the sense that we're probably not going to get some post-game play through where you get a Mythical pokemon.
I mean they made Deoxys available to catch and ORAS, same with Keldeo in Crown Thundra.

So the idea of one or more of the Sinnoh Pokémon being able to be caught in post game isn’t as unlikely as you might think.

Golden_Arcanine

I mean they made Deoxys available to catch and ORAS, same with Keldeo in Crown Thundra.

So the idea of one or more of the Sinnoh Pokémon being able to be caught in post game isn’t as unlikely as you might think.
Two out of 13 main line series games (excluding Let's Go) had Mythical Pokemon, and one of those wouldn't have had it except the DLC content was added. That's not really good odds.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
As long as they make Jirachi, Darkrai and Shaymin in-game events and locked to the postgame, I’ll be happy.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
As long as they make Jirachi, Darkrai and Shaymin in-game events and locked to the postgame, I’ll be happy.
Out of curiosity, why Jirachi? The only GenIV Jirachi events were mystery gift. Jirachi is a GenIII mythical, are you by chance thinking of Manaphy?

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Jirachi is technically considered to be from space so it makes sense for it to be in BDSP.
Respectfully, Jirachi has no part in the original DPPt games outside of a few sporadic Mystery Gift events. I wouldn't get my hopes up for a GenIII mythical with no event in the original games appearing as an event mythical in the remake.

Hopefully it will be in the game (with the assumption of the original 493) and can be transferred from HOME.

Akashin

Two out of 13 main line series games (excluding Let's Go) had Mythical Pokemon, and one of those wouldn't have had it except the DLC content was added. That's not really good odds.
It's not about odds, it's about precedent and what that precedent means. They've proven to be willing to make Mythical Pokemon available in-game under the right circumstances, so we can no longer say that it's something they categorically won't do.

With that being said... Which Mythical are we even referencing here? Arceus is a near impossibility with Legends right around the corner. I could see them maybe doing something in-game with Fullmoon Island and Darkrai (though I'd sooner expect to see them handle Darkrai similarly to how the Eon Ticket was handled in ORAS, in concept if not in method of acquisition), but that doesn't really have any bearing on a hypothetical Giratina post-game.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
With that being said... Which Mythical are we even referencing here? Arceus is a near impossibility with Legends right around the corner. I could see them maybe doing something in-game with Fullmoon Island and Darkrai (though I'd sooner expect to see them handle Darkrai similarly to how the Eon Ticket was handled in ORAS, in concept if not in method of acquisition), but that doesn't really have any bearing on a hypothetical Giratina post-game.

I'm hoping we get the Darkrai and Shaymin event's themselves like Platinum. We have already seen in trailer footage that the Gracidea Flower lady is in Floaroma Town. That could either just be there as a failsafe because of transfer of Shaymin from HOME, or it could indicate that we'll have an event at some point (whether that's a Mystery Gift for Oak's Letter or just the Shaymin, we won't know yet).

We're getting Manaphy in roughly the same capacity, but that's a lot easier to do since it's an egg and not a whole event/location. We haven't really had many opportunities to get any of the Sinnoh mythical's and the last was the 2016 anniversary mystery gifts, if I recall correctly.

Deoxys and Keldeo have shown us that they're willing to put them in the game, hopefully we aren't too greedy by asking for 3 of the 4 here.

Golden_Arcanine

It's not about odds, it's about precedent and what that precedent means. They've proven to be willing to make Mythical Pokemon available in-game under the right circumstances, so we can no longer say that it's something they categorically won't do.

That'e exactly what odds means. The likelihood of that happening is possible, albeit slim. I'd say there's maybe a 5% chance that the Mythical Pokemon are in there, and that's probably being generous.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

If only they'd be taken off the "complete ban" list for online play. I don't mind it if Deoxys and Keldeo were treated as Special Pokémon and subject to the same limitations as if you put Mewtwo or Zacian on your team, but if the idea that Mythical Pokémon are not allowed, period, due to their limited-time availability (meaning it would be unfair to people who started playing after they stopped being available), then that rule should no longer apply if everybody who plays Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire gets to have Deoxys and everybody who plays Sword or Shield and gets the Crown Tundra DLC gets to have Keldeo.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Respectfully, Jirachi has no part in the original DPPt games outside of a few sporadic Mystery Gift events. I wouldn't get my hopes up for a GenIII mythical with no event in the original games appearing as an event mythical in the remake.

Hopefully it will be in the game (with the assumption of the original 493) and can be transferred from HOME.
Jirachi has been confirmed to be obtainable in BDSP if you have save data for Sword and Shield.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Jirachi has been confirmed to be obtainable in BDSP if you have save data for Sword and Shield.
I saw and had a good laugh about it. The timing was perfect. Enjoy having full access to Jirachi!