• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Episode?

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
It would honestly be great if there was something like the Delta Episode in BDSP. Though i doubt this will happen.

njarizona

Manaphy, Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus have not been widely available since the 2016 Mythical Distributions for the 20th anniversary so I would be pretty surprised if none of them are distributed alongside these games. Additionally none of them are available in SwSh at the moment (hint, hint). A Platinum Episode would make a lot of sense to do so.

Arceus seems more likely to be saved for Legends Arceus, but events in Flower Paradise for Shaymin, Newmoon Island for Darkrai, or a substitution for Pokémon Ranger for Manaphy would make a lot of sense.

Nyter

Island Challenger
So Game Freak is not working on this... Is anyone outside of Game Freak allowed to make creative stories not previously designed? My guess is this will only be a remake with Game Freak's permission unless Game Freak must approve any new plot additions to the Gen 4. Franchise

KierTronik

Oshawott is bab
This sounds like a really good idea and it seems like it would be fun, but I doubt it will happen.
If it does then it'll be a nice surprise.

Akashin

So Game Freak is not working on this... Is anyone outside of Game Freak allowed to make creative stories not previously designed? My guess is this will only be a remake with Game Freak's permission unless Game Freak must approve any new plot additions to the Gen 4. Franchise

Seeing as there's zero precedent for GameFreak deferring development of a mainline title to another company, there's nothing we can definitely say regarding what would and wouldn't be allowed with these games. I would imagine that GameFreak still has primary creative control over the project however, so I can't see any particular reason why they couldn't add a post-game Episode, or at least an expanded sub-section referencing Platinum a la HGSS' handling of Suicune.

Nyter

Island Challenger
There are rumors that we just catch Giratina in Turnback Cave, like in the original Diamond and Pearl
If these are version exclusives, then yeah I don't think they will put much emphasis on Giratina like they did in Pokemon Platinum. A lot of the Platinum cutscenes that involved Giratina put Palkia and Dialga in the background of things... And if these Versions exclusives, which alter the story regarding the legendaries occur, Giratina's Distortion World arc doesn't really fit in.

Unless they somehow make it happen in the post-game, I don't see anything related to Giratine being main game story worth. I don't even see where Charon would fit in.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It would honestly be great if there was something like the Delta Episode in BDSP. Though i doubt this will happen.

Yeah I agree. Giratina is an amazing legendary and it deserves more then the afterthought that is Turnback Cave. Especially after Platinum improved on Giratina so much.

Manaphy, Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus have not been widely available since the 2016 Mythical Distributions for the 20th anniversary so I would be pretty surprised if none of them are distributed alongside these games. Additionally none of them are available in SwSh at the moment (hint, hint). A Platinum Episode would make a lot of sense to do so.

Arceus seems more likely to be saved for Legends Arceus, but events in Flower Paradise for Shaymin, Newmoon Island for Darkrai, or a substitution for Pokémon Ranger for Manaphy would make a lot of sense.

Darkrai has had several runs in Pokémon Go. I've got a shiny Darkrai sitting in Pokémon Home waiting to send it over to the main games.

You're hoping for a lot, but I don't see this being in the game at all. Maybe if they were going to do DLC, but the releasedate of Legends:Arceus suggest that they're not going to go that route this time.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think so. Instead I expect the Distortion World to appear in Legends Arceus and Giratina will just appear in Turnback Cave with no significance.

Bus

Why do you doubt it, exactly? The last remake had the Delta Episode, as you've pointed out, and Ultra Sun/Moon had a whole extra 'episode' with the various evil teams teaming up under Rainbow Rocket.

Since it's a relatively new thing for these extra episodes, and they've been well received (along with the DLC for Sword & Shield) there's nothing to really suggest that they wouldn't go through with it.

I think the real question is how many episodes do they have planned? In the original, Arceus, Darkrai, and shaymin all required an Event Key to trigger. I could definitely see this being more a 'remaster' of Platinum with the extra stuff dedicated to Giratina and that alt dimension (connecting it to Ultra Space if they wanted to go above and beyond) and then maybe adding Darkrai in as the extra episode to pair with Cressalia. But the others I'd imagine may end up being DLC episodes.

Either way, I'm confident we'll get something akin to the Delta Episode for this. Hopefully we'll learn more in another couple of hours when the Nintendo Direct airs later today.

Locormus

Why do you doubt it, exactly? The last remake had the Delta Episode, as you've pointed out, and Ultra Sun/Moon had a whole extra 'episode' with the various evil teams teaming up under Rainbow Rocket.

Since it's a relatively new thing for these extra episodes, and they've been well received (along with the DLC for Sword & Shield) there's nothing to really suggest that they wouldn't go through with it.

I think the real question is how many episodes do they have planned? In the original, Arceus, Darkrai, and shaymin all required an Event Key to trigger. I could definitely see this being more a 'remaster' of Platinum with the extra stuff dedicated to Giratina and that alt dimension (connecting it to Ultra Space if they wanted to go above and beyond) and then maybe adding Darkrai in as the extra episode to pair with Cressalia. But the others I'd imagine may end up being DLC episodes.

Either way, I'm confident we'll get something akin to the Delta Episode for this. Hopefully we'll learn more in another couple of hours when the Nintendo Direct airs later today.

"How many", "Above and beyond"? Honestly, you're setting your expectations too high. If all these things happen, then SURE.. Hype!

These games are outsourced. There's no hints of these games being anything more then remakes for which GameFreak has given the blueprints which were made years ago (DPt).

DLC is pretty much unlikely since it would interfere with Legends:Arceus release schedule.

But at this point, I'm still just hoping for a Platinum Pokédex (which is a necessity) and setting the rest of my expectations really low.

Bus

"How many", "Above and beyond"? Honestly, you're setting your expectations too high. If all these things happen, then SURE.. Hype!

These games are outsourced. There's no hints of these games being anything more then remakes for which GameFreak has given the blueprints which were made years ago (DPt).

DLC is pretty much unlikely since it would interfere with Legends:Arceus release schedule.

But at this point, I'm still just hoping for a Platinum Pokédex (which is a necessity) and setting the rest of my expectations really low.
I didn't know it was being outsourced, and to be fair, I said "if they wanted to go above and beyond" I didn't really place the chances high, was just saying 'If'. Though, now that I know that its being outsourced, I have less faith. They probably are doing an exact replica of the game much like how Let's Go stuck just to Gen 1 and thats it; not even the islands from the Fire & Leaf remakes were included.

As for the 'how many' part, I figured that since there were 2 for Sword and Shield, that if they wanted to milk it (which they certainly could do given how many Legends were in gen 4) they could have had at least 3 mini DLCs for pairs of legends (Shaymin & Manaphy, Darkrai & Cressalia, and Arceus). But, again.....knowing now that its being done by someone outside their company, I don't think they're doing it; or at leas, the idea for DLC episodes will probably be placed on the backburner and maybe given the greenlight depending on hype once the game goes Gold.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Considering that this year is the 25th anniversary of when the original Gen 1 games first came out in Japan and that July is when they’ll be celebrating the Sinnoh region, expect to see a boatload of information about BDSP from July 1st until July 31st!

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Welp, this is most likely not happening i guess.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Considering that this year is the 25th anniversary of when the original Gen 1 games first came out in Japan and that July is when they’ll be celebrating the Sinnoh region, expect to see a boatload of information about BDSP from July 1st until July 31st!
You were pretty close tbh,

Locormus

It feels like we'll only get rematches for the post-game...

After the most recent trailer, I fully expect the entire game up until the Cynthia-battle to be almost fully 1to1, with the exceptions being the reworkings of the Underground, Amity Square and Contests.

The trailers have showed Gardenia, Candice and Volkner with their DP-aces (Roserade, Abomasnow and Luxray), whereas if they would've had their Pt-teams those would've been Roserade, Froslass and Electivire.

I'm still hoping for PostGame-rematches, but what purpose would that have honestly? I've always set my expectations low for these games, but it's quite clear they're using the Platinum Dex. So why in the hell do we need to see the 8th gym leader have a team with an Ambipom and Octillery.. and god forbid a Fire-type E4-member with a Lopunny, Drifblim and a Steelix. I get Drifblim as it's literally a hot air balloon, but the other two are just sad showcases of the DP-PokéDex (and only really there since they can learn Fire Punch and Fire Fang).

And to be fair, Flint's Platinum Team still isn't that good.

I mean I wish they would've incorporated Mega Evolutions along with alterations from the PlatinumDex:
- Aaron would get: Yanmega, Scizor, Vespiquen, Drapion and M-Heracross.
- Bertha would get: Mamoswine, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Rhyperior and M-Steelix.
- Flint would get: Rapidash, Rotom-H, Magmortar, Infernape and M-Houndoom.
- Lucian would get: Mr.Mime, Medicham, Bronzong, Alakazam and M-Gallade.

Would've been nice..

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The trailers have showed Gardenia, Candice and Volkner with their DP-aces (Roserade, Abomasnow and Luxray), whereas if they would've had their Pt-teams those would've been Roserade, Froslass and Electivire.
I dont know if to laugh or to cry from the fact they actually gave them such teams