• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Games Thread (Astral Chain, Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, Star Fox Zero, Nier Automata etc.)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
PlatinumGames_Inc..png

icon.jpg

Discuss the games of Platinum Games Inc, including their most latest work.. Astral Chain! Also here's an interesting fact about Astral Chain. The game's director think it's combat may have been inspired by his love of Pokemon!
Games Platinum Games have worked on...
  • MadWorld
  • Infinite Space
  • Bayonetta Series
  • Vanquish
  • Anarchy Reigns
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • The Legend of Korra
  • Transformers Devastation
  • Star Fox Zero + Guard
  • TMNT: Mutans in Manhattan
  • Nier Automata
  • World of Demons
  • Astral Chain
  • Babylon's Fall
  • Lost Order
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink (Development moved entirely to Cygames)
  • Scalebound (Cancelled)

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Hideki Kamiya is a racist, fanatically nationalistic prick.

Like the games, but not the brain of most of their best.

He can go away, and Platinum can survive without his Hideki Tojo-esqe evil traits.

shoz999

Kind of want to see a new Star Fox but without the motion gimmicks and this time with online multiplayer functionality. I'd imagine a game with online multiplayer functionality and great marketing to get the word out would create better longevity for the series.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Astral Chain quickly left the shelves of the GameStop here so I guess I’m ordering it offline

shoz999

Finished playing Astral Chain on the first playthrough and I have to say this is a really great addition to anyone's Switch Library. If your into Cyberpunk, Psycho-Pass, JoJo's Bizarre Adventures and of course that sweet Platinum-style of combat, this game is definitely an awesome pick. I will say though that some of the side missions are these repetitive fetch quests which are not that fun but then their are some fun little quests where you investigate crimes, questioning other people, looking for clues, stealthily follow people however I'm not going to lie, I can see some die-hard Platinum fans who just want to get into the meat of the action find this slow-pace of gameplay to be annoying on a second or third playthrough. The side-missions and just any of the interactive portions of the main mission itself too, I'd imagine those are enjoyable on the first playthrough. On the second playthrough or third, I'd imagine it'd be like going through a bunch of cut scenes you've already experienced from Sun & Moon.

As for the action, so if your a big fan of Platinum games action-packed titles with that DMC-spiritual combat, I do have to say the control scheme is a bit different, with more focus on the analogue stick, specifically moving around your legion. In fact there are literally some enemies you cannot defeat without the analogue stick and it's definitely a control scheme that you don't get use to it so quickly early on. It takes a bit of time to adjust it but Platinum fan or not, you do eventually learn the control scheme properly enough early on that it feels natural to a point where it feels like it's easy to use but difficult to master. Even though I finished the game, there are probably some combo moves I've never really learned. For example the Axe Legion is freaking slow as hell and I never bothered using that much in the fast-pace action but the Legions I have use are full of surprises so by ignoring Axe Legion a lot, I probably also ignored some interesting combos along the way. Perhaps on a second playthrough, I will take more notice of it.

On another note, the bosses. The bosses are awesome, flashy spectacles requiring you to think fast in time. Some bosses you can use your preferred legion as much as you want but there are also some other bosses that are somewhat like a puzzle where you are required to use other legions similar to a Legend of Zelda-style boss. Also it's not just awesome bosses but there are also unique enemies that can only be found in sidequests. Actually to be fair, their more like skin swaps of older enemies but it's still a nice surprise when you invest time into these side quests.

Finally! Lappy! Lappy is either the scariest character you've seen or the most awesome character you've seen lol and... that's about it for my thoughts. Oh man this is an awesome game... Oh yeah.

a06832f98413c3c15eb4b5dbe50e61ad50bf5b1c_00.jpg

You also get to fight "Kars" as the final boss.