• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Glitch Discussion Thread

epona333

I've discovered a small glitch with Platinum. I went to battle the gym leader in Eterna city before venturing to the statue to get the HM cut. Now, no matter how many times i try to do it, i cannot get Cynthia to appear to give me the HM cut so i can progress. Is there a way around this? Or must i restart my game?

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
why dont you just go to the statue?

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
You could trade with someone for a bidoof with cut.

SuperWeb606

When you se rock tomb in a double battle and try to hit the first pokemon, the sprite shows it on the second.

SuperWeb606

When you se rock tomb in a double battle and try to hit the first pokemon, the sprite shows it on the second.

the lol factor7

-l-(.___.)-l-
^That also happens with Twister, except it looks like it hit the first pokemon, not the second, and they both get damage

LordVatek9

Legendary Collector
On my old game, whenever I tried to get Rotom, I thumped the TV but then it froze. I restarted and it was fine.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
I'm not sure that's a Platinum glitch, i think that perhaps ur DS is faulty. it seems so, as time-based events r going loopy in ur game. Restart the game maybe? i mean, ur only at Eterna. That's liie, what, 2 honest hours of gameplay? Maybe 3 if ur a dedicated level-upper.
Platinum is surprisingly free of glitches so far. I'll keep looking though.

randomspot555

Platinum is surprisingly free of glitches so far. I'll keep looking though.

Well, besides the horribly broken weather-pursuit damaging glitch. Yeah, they fixed the "acid rain" glitch from the Japanese release and somehow made it worse.

The official tournament will even have rules in place to deal with it, in case it comes up during a battle.

But I do guess you're kind of correct, in that Plat is probably the most glitch free game, as far as noticeable glitches like the tweaking glitch in D/P, or the Surf E4 glitch in D/P Japanese release.

There's also the glitch, similar to Emerald, where the RNG can help with breeding, etc... I'm too tired to go into more detail, but Smogon has a detailed thread about it here.

Toastybob

Is this real life?
When you enter a wild battle while surfing and changing the Poketch app, both screens of the DS will turn black and the game will freeze, forcing you to turn the game off. I do not know if this works in grass, caves, or if the glitch is also in D/P and has already been discovered.

Rad3n

Banned
Randomspot, RNG manipulation is now confirmed as working in D/P as well iirc. I wouldn't really call it a glitch either, it's just manipulating the way the RNG creates IVs.

Visual

Nine one six ~
dont you have to go to the statue, then beat the gym, and she sees you on your way to the pokecenter?

She gave me the HM before I beat the gym yesterday, I think. Oh! Drifloon didn't appear in my game yesterday. It appears at night too in Platinum, right?

Da_Raichu_lova

What is the RNG, I looked at it on the link but it was too confusing for me. Back on topic, I haven't found any glitches yet on my Platinum which I think is a good thing right?

randomspot555

What is the RNG, I looked at it on the link but it was too confusing for me. Back on topic, I haven't found any glitches yet on my Platinum which I think is a good thing right?

It explains what the RNG is all right there in that link, along with other links detailing other game mechanics. It's a good chunk to read and not something that can be whittled down to a soundbite.