• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Glitch Discussion Thread

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I think that happens because Giratina Origin's base Attack and Sp. Attack are higher than its defenses, while the Altered Forme has lower Attack and Sp. Attack and higher defenses.
So maybe its stats are being adjusted to fit the ones the Origin Forme is supposed to have.

When you change formes, its stats are automatically changed.

ShinyCollector007

Trainin's Over! DIE!
I think I got one (Not sure if it was a glitch), my Torterra was paralyzed and didnt react to it, he attacked normally all the time.(About 15-17 turns, then I went to the Pokemon Center and he got healed)

LordVatek9

Legendary Collector
I think I got one (Not sure if it was a glitch), my Torterra was paralyzed and didnt react to it, he attacked normally all the time.(About 15-17 turns, then I went to the Pokemon Center and he got healed)

Your Pokemon won't always react. I once went through the Elite Four with my main Pokemon paralysed and it only got in the way once.

salamance25

glaceon

I think I have ran into a simi major glitch, one day on the GTS I traded something for a level 100 glacion (I was exited so I wasn't thinking about if it was hacked or not) so after I got the pokemon I couldn't trade some pokemon on the Gts even though I have what they wanted. I releaced (SP?) the pokemon but this still happens. it hasn't affected my main game so I'm not that worried about it. but does anyone know what happened or have any suggestions?
was the glaceon you traded a weird language cause i got one lv. 100 a few days ago, but i forgot what i traded for though.hmm

wichu

When you change formes, its stats are automatically changed.

Then something must have happened to cause its stats not to be recalculated... It's a very plausible explanation otherwise. It would be interesting to see what actually caused it.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced a text glitch with the Black Belt in Victory Road (in the part leading to Route 224)? After I beat him, his 'after-battle speech' was just a few random letters. I've heard of somebody else experiencing this (or at least something similar), so I was wondering whether it's a glitch in all copies of Platinum.

Shinzura

Giant Sunkern
I find it hilarious that sometimes in the Frontier the trainers don't match up with their lines. I once fought a Roughneck who talked about his "Mommy and Daddy"

V4LOVER

chirp
When I hold my DS with fingers near the L button, some sounds don't come out. Today, I was chaining Spoink, and as my Porygon popped out of its ball, I still heard just music. I didn't hear the running sound either.

ChuklaeAquos

Glalie fan!
In an exclusive press release earlier this morning, Nintendo announced that while testing Pokemon Platinum they had, in fact, discovered a glitch in which one could obtain a level 100 Shaymin through a few simple tests. Instead of getting rid of it, NoA decided to keep it as an Easter Egg.

According to pokedream.com, Pokemon released an exclusive press release on the morning of April 1st, stating they found a glitch to catch a level 100 Shaymin. They didnt get rid of it, they kept it as an easter egg.

The steps, they say, are simple:

1. Pick Chimchar as your starter
2. Give your Chimchar ro its evolutions a potion to hold
3. Follow the same process to get Spiritomb, except meet 50 people Underground
4. A level 100 Shaymin will appear instead of a Spiritomb

Tell me if this works or not, because i dont have platinum (yet).

Icing Sugar

My Garchomp's EQ sometimes hurts my Staraptor when I'm in the Battle Tower :S

Icing Sugar

Did your Staraptor use Roost or something like Gravity occured?

Because otherwise, you're lying.
I didn't know that xD

Maybe that was because of Roost, I don't remember :/

randomspot555

I didn't know that xD

Maybe that was because of Roost, I don't remember :/

Roost causes a Flying type to lose it's Flying type for the rest of the turn. If Staraptor moved first and Roosted, it would take neutral damage from Earthquake.

Only non-flying type Pokemon with Roost won't be affected by this, like Scizor (who takes ground damage anyway) and Flygon (due to Levitate).

wichu

I find it hilarious that sometimes in the Frontier the trainers don't match up with their lines. I once fought a Roughneck who talked about his "Mommy and Daddy"
That's not a glitch; I find that the Roughnecks' personalities are opposite to their appearances (for example, there's one in the Lost Tower who uses a Cleffa).
In an exclusive press release earlier this morning, Nintendo announced that while testing Pokemon Platinum they had, in fact, discovered a glitch in which one could obtain a level 100 Shaymin through a few simple tests. Instead of getting rid of it, NoA decided to keep it as an Easter Egg.

According to pokedream.com, Pokemon released an exclusive press release on the morning of April 1st, stating they found a glitch to catch a level 100 Shaymin. They didnt get rid of it, they kept it as an easter egg.

April 1st

Nissan Returns

SpacialRiftGuardian

Assure you it does not work, at least it didn't in my English version[usa one]

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
I highly doubt Nintendo would keep such an easily obtainable easter egg in there. They are too greedy for that. Why is it that when people discovcered the Mew Glitch in Yellow, Nintendo made that Mew untradeable (as far as i could tell)? They are mean that way sometimes...

drake13

Ryukishi
i encountered a glitch where i used my golduck to waterfall downwards in the waterfall of the pokemon league then what happened was only golduck went down and the trainer was there at the top of the waterfall...then when it stopped in the bottom of the waterfall...the trainer suddenly appeared at golduck's back...this is very weird...

Riversong

Buggy down.
So I have a shaymin obtained through the tweaking glitch, so it's perfectly normal. I traded it from my diamond to my platinum, because on serebii it said that the shaymin obtained from Flower Paradise could be transformed with the Glacidea Flower. When it didn't unlock the flower, my friend let me borrow her event shaymin to unlock it. I tested the flower on her shaymin and it worked. After giving back her shaymin, I tried the flower on mine and it didn't work.

Does the Flower Paradise shaymin have to be from Platinum? I wouldn't have bothered if I had known it wouldn't work on my poor little Lily.