• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Glitch Discussion Thread

W0LF

Trainer
My overall experience with Platinum is a little glitchy.
As I ride my bike on the fast gear it jerks about like nobody's business!

Ammako

That's not really the reason, the problem is that only Shaymins with the "Fateful Encounter" flag transform to Sky Forme, and D/P Shaymin doesn't have it, even if you hack to activate the event. They probably were going to give the flag only to Movie Shaymin (so it would be the only one to get Gracidea to you), but then, with the whole Surf on E4 door glitch, they decided to give the flag to Plat Shaymin and use something else (Classic Ribbon? I think so) to make Movie Shaymin unique to get Gracidea.

I've heard of that too, but only in Japanese D/P. It's strange that the bug persists.
Well, Movie Shaymin still was unique to get the Gracidea, since Flower Paradise Shaymin doesn't have Fateful Encounter. You just said that only the Movie Shaymin had the Fateful Encounter.

guizaum

Teh Golduck Freak
Hey,my Platinum has a grudge on ruins and Defogs,cuz if i enter the Solaceon Ruins,the game will go black and the normal solaceon music plays.Creepy huh?But my friend is going to trade me a Unown for the Dex and a Starly with Defog

Poke_Midori

Starter Breeder
Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but whenever I look at my pokemon (by clicking on it), there is a little yellow neutral face, outlined in red. I don't know what it is, but my other pokemon get it, too. But any pokemon with pokerus cannot get it.

Dagger54321

Trade Junkie
Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but whenever I look at my pokemon (by clicking on it), there is a little yellow neutral face, outlined in red. I don't know what it is, but my other pokemon get it, too. But any pokemon with pokerus cannot get it.

It means they used to have pokerus, but now it's gone.

espeon13x

Espeon Trainer
furret

;162; i have noticed that in the national dex it says that furret is 5'11" but he is still shorter than your person in the picture.

Espeon is amazing!!!!!

espeon13x

Espeon Trainer
amity square

i have a skitty that i was walking through amity square and i have found a total of two pink scales, which are shown as only obtainable through different pokemon, has anyone else found some?

wichu

;162; i have noticed that in the national dex it says that furret is 5'11" but he is still shorter than your person in the picture.

That's because it is 5'11'' long; if it was stretched out, then it would be taller. It's not a glitch.

Skull_Kid

Meme Lover:P
Well, Movie Shaymin still was unique to get the Gracidea, since Flower Paradise Shaymin doesn't have Fateful Encounter. You just said that only the Movie Shaymin had the Fateful Encounter.

I transfered my Diamond Shaymin to there, and it triggered the event, so what?

espeon13x

Espeon Trainer
if it is just considered by the length what about milotic?

I don't know if it's a glitch or not, but I can't trade over Wifi except when I leave my Pokemon to be traded. Even if I have the right Pokemon that the other person is requesting, I can't trade. :[

pokemaster001

the bike slows down at the end of cycling road and starts again
every single time

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
@Sharks
It is due to Platinum's GTS being stupid - it does not list the Level of the Pokemon requested. So you don't know what level of Dusknoir that person wants, for example.
I haven't play Plat, but I heard no matter what, Plat would always list the level as "any".

Currently the only way to trade via GTS more effectively (as in, quicker, as you know the level required, so if the level listed is not what you have, you can ignore it instead of checking) is by using D/P's GTS.

Ammako

No, Shiny Trainer, it is possible to trade using Platinum on the GTS.

First, it doesn't lists every level requested as ANY.
Second, even without knowing the level, there are chances that the Pikachu you have in your box is high/low enough level to be accepted for trade for that Butterfree.

As a proof, I've traded for many Pokémon, including PKTOPIA Magmortar and Electivire and Saikyou Dragonite from GTS. My friend also traded for many Crescellia's.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Ah, I see :)
Like I said, I only heard about the "any" part :p

Yes it is possible, but not effective (I should edit that into my earlier post :p) since there are chances that yours will not have the required level......

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Not sure whether this is a glitch, but the trainers in the Pokémon Centers and the guy at the News Press aren't restarting. So they're not moving and he's not giving me any more Pokémon to find. Is this due to me switching to the DSi?