• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Glitch Discussion Thread

Tiomasta

Not amused
Lol well in that case tehres still a glitch for me, I only had 3 silver prints and I couldn't buy the statue when I had 2 :S

Well, I now think that one unlocks after you challenge every Frontier Brain(or they challenge you), and another when you get a Silver print. That could be it...

You had 2 silver prints, but then you didn't see all five Frontier Brains, only after you got the third print, am I correct?

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
the only glitch i have found sofar in platinum is at the resort area. when you are on the second floor at the ribbon syndicate there is a piece of wall that is bend. i think i'm not the only who has it so anybody who has access to the ribbon syndicate is more than welcome to check it out for me.

of course there is also another odd thing i saw and that is at the GTS, on the globe there is still the strange white spot on the island above australia (forgot it's name)
i thought after all that time it was in D/P they should know about it by now.

Calm PokeMaster

Very odd..... Can you give more details? Like, was this the first time you battled him, what time of day, where were you standing (in front, behind)? I just tried this and nothing happened to me

I think it was at 2 in the afternoon.I was battling that guy through VS seeker.I was in front of him.

I think something is wrong.......

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I was training near Solaceon town.I battled a PokeKid(dressed as a Pikachu).

I defeated him and my Staravia level increased by one.

When the battle screen ended,I found that my sprite had turned into a PokeKid's.

I walked a step to right,and changed into a cyclist.

I became normal only when saw a Pokemon on the Pokedex and returned to the game.

Can someone explain?

Not to be rude Perhaps you're using some sort of cheating device, because such thing is not possible. And if you can prove me incorrect and have a camera, would you mind showing us?

willischong

the only glitch i have found sofar in platinum is at the resort area. when you are on the second floor at the ribbon syndicate there is a piece of wall that is bend. i think i'm not the only who has it so anybody who has access to the ribbon syndicate is more than welcome to check it out for me.

Yea I noticed this too. I was gonna post it but you did. Anyway I think thats a side effect of the 3D effects.

Ammako

Lol well in that case tehres still a glitch for me, I only had 3 silver prints and I couldn't buy the statue when I had 2 :S

The first statue is for when you have completed a full streak at every battle facility and the second one is for when you got your first Silver Print.

Calm PokeMaster

Not to be rude Perhaps you're using some sort of cheating device, because such thing is not possible. And if you can prove me incorrect and have a camera, would you mind showing us?

I am NOT using a cheating device,I cannot borrow my dad's camera because he thinks Pokemon is 'stupid' and anyway,I am not allowed to post videos on Youtube, because my parents think it is a BAD website.

It is.

Tad

The first statue is for when you have completed a full streak at every battle facility and the second one is for when you got your first Silver Print.

SORRY!

I am NOT using a cheating device,I cannot borrow my dad's camera because he thinks Pokemon is 'stupid' and anyway,I am not allowed to post videos on Youtube, because my parents think it is a BAD website.

It is.

Just take a picture with your sprite as a pokékid/cyclist then ?

tom-tom

Furret <3
i was riding my bike really fast in pastoria and a tree appeared out of nowhere and the disappeared. it may have been an eye trick though

Kreis

Still Dirrty

It is.

Well, until then, we cannot take your glitch seriously.

i was riding my bike really fast in pastoria and a tree appeared out of nowhere and the disappeared. it may have been an eye trick though

You most likely imagined it, such a thing isn't possible.

Last edited:

Ammako

such a thing isn't possible.

... Proof?

Many people thought it was impossible to clone in Emerald. Then they found a glitch.

A glitch is a glitch. Period. You can't just say "Such a thing isn't possible" to every glitch you haven't experienced yourself.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Had that a couple of times too =/

It's not a glitch. Someone traded a Deoxys for the Kyogre, but the person asking for the trade didn't get it yet.

Celtic Warrior

I guess this is an alright place to post this...

I have encountered the Legendary Bird Pokemon many times, and everytime they have the same nature. Everytime Articuno has a Hasty nature, everytime Zapdos has a Docile nature, and everytime Moltres has a Bashful nature. It doesn't make any sense! So, I keep resetting my Gameboy hoping their natures will change.

I REALLY wanted to capture a Zapdos with a Timid nature. If I have to, I'l make a whole new damn saved file to get a Zapdos with a timid nature.

Last edited:

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I guess this is an alright place to post this...

I have encountered the Legendary Bird Pokemon many times, and everytime they have the same nature. Everytime Articuno has a Hasty nature, everytime Zapdos has a Docile nature, and everytime Moltres has a Bashful nature. It doesn't make any sense! So, I keep resetting my Gameboy hoping their natures will change.

I REALLY wanted to capture a Zapdos with a Timid nature. If I have to, I'l make a whole new damn saved file to get a Zapdos with a timid nature.

Runner Pokemon natures are pre-determined the moment they are released. No matter how many resets, it will be the same nature, sorry to say. :/

Celtic Warrior

Runner Pokemon natures are pre-determined the moment they are released. No matter how many resets, it will be the same nature, sorry to say. :/
Yea, I had a feeling that may be the case. I never knew that though.... Wow, I guess I'l make a whole new save file then. I will save right before I talk to Oak when he says the Legendary Birds are on the run. I'l reset to that saved point whenever I don't find a Zapdos with a Timid nature. That should work.

Thanks. Even though it wasn't a glitch at all, you still helped me lol.

... Proof?

Many people thought it was impossible to clone in Emerald. Then they found a glitch.

A glitch is a glitch. Period. You can't just say "Such a thing isn't possible" to every glitch you haven't experienced yourself.

dont play pokemon 24/7 bro, it's not good for you =)

Kreis

Still Dirrty
... Proof?

The cloning glitch in Emerald was due to interrupting data storage while it is saving. Same can be shown with Gen IV. Whenever one is riding the bicycle, a random tree is not going to pop up.

More proof?

«Serebii» if you're in the super fast gear of the bike and you ride recklessly, the game has trouble extrapolating your trajectory and glitches can occur
«Serebii» this was fixed in platinum.

Last edited:

Ammako

Serebii didn't create Pokémon. Just so you know.

Also, in Platinum, when riding with the bike at the 4th gear, I find there's more graphical glitches than in Diamond/Pearl.

dont play pokemon 24/7 bro, it's not good for you =)

Where do you see that?