• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Glitch Discussion Thread

Draknir

Fear the Deer
So I have a shaymin obtained through the tweaking glitch, so it's perfectly normal. I traded it from my diamond to my platinum, because on serebii it said that the shaymin obtained from Flower Paradise could be transformed with the Glacidea Flower. When it didn't unlock the flower, my friend let me borrow her event shaymin to unlock it. I tested the flower on her shaymin and it worked. After giving back her shaymin, I tried the flower on mine and it didn't work.

Does the Flower Paradise shaymin have to be from Platinum? I wouldn't have bothered if I had known it wouldn't work on my poor little Lily.

Yes it does. Only the Movie Event Shaymin or its other language equivalents and Platinum caught Shaymin will change into Sky Forme.

A few weeks ago, I was in Oreburg city and I left a building, it was afternoon for like half a second then turned back to night. When I went in, it was night.

maxim565

Absolute Defender
When my Noctowl failed using Fly, it come back to the ground as usual but repeated its back sprites animation. Is that a glitch?

Rachmat19

I haven't found one yet, but is wondering whether cloning and evolving pokemon (that have to be traded) through the GTS still works.. Thanks...

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I have a really weird glitch every so often my giratina drops its griseous orb and I go into a battle with a another form giratina. Crazy huh?

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
When my Noctowl failed using Fly, it come back to the ground as usual but repeated its back sprites animation. Is that a glitch?
As in, after you used Fly, it showed the fly figurehead come down twice? i dont quite understand

As far as i remember, they should do the back-sprite animation only when they get out of a Pokeball...so yeah, if it does it every time when it reappears, after using moves like fly or otherwise, apart from doing it so from the pokeball, it's officially a glitch.

I have a really weird glitch every so often my giratina drops its griseous orb and I go into a battle with a another form giratina. Crazy huh?

Arceus7....you do realize that if you do a battle with someone on the internet using Giratina, it won't use the Griseous orb at all, right? Nintendo banned the diverse formes (saving for Deoxys) for some unknown reasons to the matter...However, on local wireless games, the formes can be used as far as i know.

So I have a shaymin obtained through the tweaking glitch, so it's perfectly normal. I traded it from my diamond to my platinum, because on serebii it said that the shaymin obtained from Flower Paradise could be transformed with the Glacidea Flower. When it didn't unlock the flower, my friend let me borrow her event shaymin to unlock it. I tested the flower on her shaymin and it worked. After giving back her shaymin, I tried the flower on mine and it didn't work.

Does the Flower Paradise shaymin have to be from Platinum? I wouldn't have bothered if I had known it wouldn't work on my poor little Lily.

Not really Riversong...

I remember reading that the Gracidea Flower works with all Shaymin from any versions. What it is necessary though, is that you get the Shaymin from Platinum/the event Shaymin, to acivate the Gracidea Flower girl in-game event.

What surely happened is that you attempted to change Shaymin's Forme in the night. Gracidea Flower will only make Shaymin to become Sky-forme during the day. When the DS Clock hits 8:00pm regardless of the situation, Shaymin will revert to Land Forme. It will also revert when its deposited on a box.

...As for my Glitch experiences, i'm not sure to call this a glitch but sometimes, when i use the bicycle, the music of it cannot be heard, and it remains silent until i cross over what i call a "frame border" (you know, when the sign of "Route#*insert number*/*insert name* City/Place" appears). After that, the music of the area starts to play. This has happened on several occasions.

And also, i experienced the weather glitch as well. Too many random weathers and being hurt by your own abilities make the fight much more difficult indeed.

Riversong: It works with legit Shaymins. Flower Paradise Shaymin from D/P are NOT legit because Oak's Letter is not obtainable in D/P.

EDIT: D'oh

That's not really the reason, the problem is that only Shaymins with the "Fateful Encounter" flag transform to Sky Forme, and D/P Shaymin doesn't have it, even if you hack to activate the event. They probably were going to give the flag only to Movie Shaymin (so it would be the only one to get Gracidea to you), but then, with the whole Surf on E4 door glitch, they decided to give the flag to Plat Shaymin and use something else (Classic Ribbon? I think so) to make Movie Shaymin unique to get Gracidea.

...As for my Glitch experiences, i'm not sure to call this a glitch but sometimes, when i use the bicycle, the music of it cannot be heard, and it remains silent until i cross over what i call a "frame border" (you know, when the sign of "Route#*insert number*/*insert name* City/Place" appears). After that, the music of the area starts to play. This has happened on several occasions.

I've heard of that too, but only in Japanese D/P. It's strange that the bug persists.

panicsocharming

カンディー
im not sure if this is a glitch or not, but i got hit with dynamic punch... when i was in the air. ._.;

Empoleon Bonaparte

There are certain abilities (can't remeber the name atm, sorry) that let the pokémon hit the other pokémon no matter what. So I guess that's what happened to you.

There's only one; Mold Breaker, learned by Pinsir, Cranidos and Rmapardos. When the Pokémon is switched in, the game says: "POKÉMON has Mold Breaker!"

John999

Poulow
I started of with 4 master balls and no matter how many times i use them they never go away!

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I started of with 4 master balls and no matter how many times i use them they never go away!

You obviously have used an external device. This is a glitch that can under no circumstances happen.

Did you start with "4" or "?4" Master Balls? If it's the latter, then you just have literally thousands of Master Balls and that's why they apparently won't ever go away. Try to toss them all.

Now, if it's the former... Did you turn off the cheat, by any chance?

elderbro

Blaine rocks
I was once in the Battle Factory and I switch out to a Shedinja. A sudden sandstorm killed my Shedinja. And afterwards, there was no sandstorm and none of the opponent's Pokémon had Sand Stream or Sandstorm.

Weird o_O

Triforce19

I was just in a double battle with my Rotom and Staravia in Lost Tower, and after my Rotom KO'ed one of the other team's Ponytas, my Zubat leveled up thanks to Exp. Share, then the text box said " Zubat used Astonish" but nothing happened, and the only Zubat was the one in my party...

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I activated the Acid rain glitch in the Battle Factory

(some idiot used rain dance and then i pursuited like a idiot, and then the clefable on the other team became nearly invinsible with healing 4 d*mn times every turn)