• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Glitch Discussion Thread

Even if you don't have the event shaymin.You can get the grecidea,if it's captured in a cherish ball,assuming you cheat that is.it has to be platinum though.

JosJuice

Slightly inactive
Even if you don't have the event shaymin.You can get the grecidea,if it's captured in a cherish ball,assuming you cheat that is.it has to be platinum though.
A legit Japanese Platinum Oak's Letter Shaymin can be used to obtain the Gracidea, and it isn't in a Cherish Ball.

Ammako

A Pelipper used Roost, then I used Aura Sphere, but it said "It's not very effective." I thought Roost removed the Flying type for one turn? 0_o

Also, Cherish Balls have nothing to do with the events.
All the game looks for is "Fateful Encounter" in the Pokémon Info.

Er, What?

Magikarp are obtainable from the resort area from level 1, to 100, as stated.

All your post did was confuse me.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/129.shtml#platinum

Look up Iron Island on that page. It says Magikarp can be caught at a maximum level of 2 and a minimum level of 510. That's a proof that Serebii don't have only good information.

Besides, where did you see me say "Magikarp cannot be caught at Lv. 100 in Resort Area"?

Last edited:

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
Just today, I was battling with my Cresselia and Ursaring up against a Swalot and Slaking in a double battle with the AI players.

Now, Swalot had used Gastro acid on slaking, and slaking used bulk up or something. Then, Swalot used sludgebomb on Cresselia and his slaking tried to attack ursaring, but it used protect, while Cresselia used Trick Room.

After that, Urasaring used Earthquake, and it hit Cresselia!
I have no idea why, so can someone please give me their opinion on this?

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
Maybe because... Swalot used Gastro Acid on you while you weren't looking? >_>

Um, no..... the attacks it used the entire battle were gastro acid (on foe's regigigas), then stockpile, then stockpile again, then gastro acid (on foe's slaking), then sludge bomb (on my cresselia) then sludge bomb again (on my Cresselia)

Ammako

Um, no..... the attacks it used the entire battle were gastro acid (on foe's regigigas), then stockpile, then stockpile again, then gastro acid (on foe's slaking), then sludge bomb (on my cresselia) then sludge bomb again (on my Cresselia)

Yes, but if he used a move and you didn't notice, then you wouldn't know about it, right?

Disfunction51

I was breeding Houndour yesterday and when I hatch one I go to check it's nature and I notice it says caught in Jubilife City at Lv 5. I was in Solaceon town at the time and it was Lv 1 when hatched just like normal. Anyone have an explanation.

EDIT: Just happened again but with an Eevee but since then it has stopped. It's really weird. Is my game glitched or something?

Last edited:

wichu

It doesn't happens with every legendary. Only the Regis and Giratina. If you KO the Regi, you can just go back and catch it there, since it's location is there. If you KO Giratina, it'll be in Turnback Cave.
You'll see that if you ever cheat to reach TurnBack Cave before having beaten the E4, Giratina will be there. It has nothing to do with E4, it's just that an event makes it appear there.
Yes, it does work with all legendaries. My brother KOed Dialga on Spear Pillar so he could catch Palkia. After beating the Elite Four (not before), he could fight Dialga at Spear Pillar again.
A Pelipper used Roost, then I used Aura Sphere, but it said "It's not very effective." I thought Roost removed the Flying type for one turn? 0_o
Did Pelipper move first? It doesn't remove it for one turn, it removes it for the rest of the current turn.

Ammako

You can catch Dialga and Palkia before the E4? Shouldn't you have to beat the E4, then get the orbs from Mt. Coronet, then talk to the elder of Celestic Town?

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
OK, this is just weird. A Machoke hit me with Cross Chop while I was using Fly.

Does No Guard do that, or is my game f'ed up?

Erienne

Anime high :D
I think that No Guard does that, actually.

Ammako

1- Go into your bag.
2- Click any pocket icon on the touch screen.
3- Rapidly click that same button then another one.
4- The items shown won't change immediately like they should.

Krecher

My friends Empoleon turned into a Munchlax during a battle...and it was still a Munchlax after the battle. Had to restart his ds and it was Empoleon again.

mew0123

Breeder
I put one of my pokemon in the GTS and went back to check it, and it said it fled. So now my pokemon is gone..

SpecialAcez

Cool X Dangerous
I put one of my pokemon in the GTS and went back to check it, and it said it fled. So now my pokemon is gone..

That's because you left your pokemon for a long period of time in the GTS. Do you really expect Nintendo to keep data of your Pokemon stored for months?

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
Found this out while playing around with the ball stickers but I can't seem to get the unown stickers from v~z,! and ? stickers. Every time I go and talk to him, it says he gave me the stickers, and I have them added in when I check the number of stickers I have in my sticker box. Most likely a glitch?

Something wierd happened, I checked my wooper at the pc and his picture was like messed up snow but I went back and it was normal. Something happened when I was on my bike the graphics got messed up for a second.