• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread [2.0] [READ THE FIRST POST FIRST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Hi there!
Just a little question about which grass type I should add to my team...
I think it's gonna be Tangela/growth or Leafeon, but I'm not sure...Help?
Or maybe some other tips?

;465;;114;;470;

Use leafeon, its a better pokemon imo. The only issue is its somewhat shallow movepool; If you want a lot of options, go for tangrowth. If you want a pokemon that has the potential to be better, but more difficult to find a good moveset for, go for Leafeon.

andyhaj

I think I'll go for Tangrowth then...
1. I like many options for moves...
2. I already use two other Eeveelutions in my team...
3. Tangrowth is much cooler in my opinion...
4. Never used a Tangela/growth before, so now I can try something new...

honetly_ok

Shoegazer
My Platinum has the code CKFEN0J12, its an american version.
As the proud owner of a probably-fake and semi-functional game that also bears a code on the back, maybe try checking the Nintendo the gold and white Nintendo "seal" thing on the front of the catridge...

Can you read it, cleary? I can't...

viva la johto

i have recently started ev training yesterday i was working on an ev i fed it 10 calcium and 10 carbos it also had the power lens equiped it levled up and had gained on ly 2 stat points to spatk did i do something wrong

Umbreon13x

Defense Trainer
not necessarily, what lvl is the poke?

razor fire

i have recently started ev training yesterday i was working on an ev i fed it 10 calcium and 10 carbos it also had the power lens equiped it levled up and had gained on ly 2 stat points to spatk did i do something wrong

you won't get the effect right away, it doesn't show it but you do get it.

If the poke is lvl.1 it will show the regular +2/1
if it is over lvl. 50 it will say + 12/(higher/lower)

Ammako

I have a saving issue with my platinum game, it takes 3 minutes on normal save and 8 minutes on other times, so whats the reason for this. Could the game be fake?
Someone on the forums called Nintendo about this, and they said it was a problem with some game cartridges.

My Platinum has the code CKFEN0J12, its an american version.

It's fake if it's an US version. 0_0

US version should have CPUENOJ22 or something like that.
That's what's on mine.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
US version should have CPUENOJ22 or something like that.
That's what's on mine.

The codes don't go by region and are not all the same. All of my games are the NA version, all legit. And they are not like yours.

My Diamond is ADAENSJ09
My Platinum is CPUEN0J20
My Pearl is APAENSJ22

All DS games have a unique code on the back of them.

Ammako

Well... I was talking about NA Platinum.
Apparently, your NA Platinum says CPUENOJxx too, so does my friend's Platinum.
My NA Diamond says ADAE5NJxx, but I'm not sure why yours sayd ADAESNJxx.
All I know for Pearl is that it should say APAE at the start.

In fact, every Diamond game I saw had ADAE5NJxx on it.
Every Pearl game I saw had APAE at the start.
Every Platinum game I saw had CPUENOJxx on it.

I even asked one of my friends, and his NA Platinum says CPUENOJxx on it, too.

Last edited:

Metagross

Thanks guys for the help, so is my game fake? Will restarting the game have effect on the saving time.

At the front it says NTR-CPUE-USA

At the back, it says Nintendo NTR-005 PAT.PEND. CKFEN0J12

Ammako

It shouldn't say CKFEN0Jxx at the back if it's a NA version.
My NA Platinum and my friend's NA Platinum says CPUENOJxx on the back, and I asked someone else on MSN what was written on theirs, and it was CPUENOJxx.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Thanks guys for the help, so is my game fake? Will restarting the game have effect on the saving time.

At the front it says NTR-CPUE-USA

At the back, it says Nintendo NTR-005 PAT.PEND. CKFEN0J12

Yeah I think Pingouin7 is right, my NA Platinum is CPUENOJ19

But mine also has everything Metagross says is on his, with the exception of CKFEN0J12

is there anywhere in platinum that you can find a dragon scale? i know some wild pokemon hold them but there should be one just laying around somewhere shouldnt there?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Only as wild hold items on wild Horsea/Seadra/Dratini/Dragonair according to Serebii's Platinum section.

Is there a Happiny Egg in Platinum from the Hiker in Hearthome, and when does the Reporter Duo stop blocking the way to Mr. Backlots Garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.