1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Platinum Help Thread [2.0] [READ THE FIRST POST FIRST]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Erik Destler, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

You don't need to KO anything to spread Pokerus so I don't see a problem. Just go into a battle and run away a few times to spread it.

You can get a shiny legendary in about 1-3 hours using the RNG. So far I've caught Uxie, Cresselia, Darkrai and Regice that way.

Yes. And it will have a differant nature and IVs when you re-battle it.

2. razor fire

razor fire Well-Known Member

How am I supposed to get the TM64? And where exactly do you find it?

3. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

IIRC TM64 is Shadow Claw, is you get it after beating Fantine, the third gym leader, and can be beaten as soon as you arrive in Hearthome City, and talk to her at the contest hall.

4. razor fire

SC is TM65. I'm talking about TM64 Explosion.

5. foxyman1167

Oh ok yeah TM Explosion, you get it after getting a a 10 win streak at the Veilstone City Game Corner.

6. razor fire

but how am I supposed to get a streak of 10 if it's impossible to play on the machines?

7. DreamGG

DreamGG ShinyLegendCollector

That was the point in the whole discussion a while back about how English games not being able to get TM64

8. razor fire

well, it still doesn't answer my question :/

9. DreamGG

DreamGG ShinyLegendCollector

Have you tried trading for one?

10. Blazios

Blazios Well-Known Member

The woman gives it out randomly when you try to buy coins.

Yeah, it's stupid, I know.

11. Poluxi

Poluxi Pokemon Collector

I can trade you for it just give me a bidoof
    you up for it razor fire?

12. razor fire

nah. I don't need it anyway. I manage to get one from that lady after an half hour.

2nd question: What do I have to do to get those different people visit your house? I've bought everything except the pokemon statues and the people won't change :/ Do I need to buy all items?

13. killerporygon

killerporygon Member

is it possible to get a clefable to know softboiled and have magic guard?

14. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

I believe that if you teach Softboiled to a male Clefairy/Clefable in FR/LG, Pal Park it, and then breed with a female Clefairy/Clefable. That way, you pass down the move, and eventually you'll hatch a Cleffa with Softboiled.

I don't know if Tutor moves can be passed down, though.

15. No, they cannot unfortunately ^^
    If the move isn't part of the Pokémon's list of TM's/HM's, egg moves, or the learned moves of the hatching Pokémon then the move cannot usually be inherited.

There is a way for Clefable to have Magic Guard and Softboiled though, I'll quote my post from another thread about this;

16. SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

That won't work because Softboiled isn't one of Clefairy's egg moves. The only way to get a Clefairy/Clefable that has both is to teach a Clefairy Softboiled in Fr/Lg and Pal Park it. It'll then have a 50% chance of changing it's ability when it evolves.

EDIT: Beaten. And with a better explanation.:p

17. Zhanton

Zhanton le quant-à-soi

The Villa?

Check the main site section here.

Not only do items activate visitors, but according to the link I just posted, random prominent characters appear from time to time as well.

18. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

I have some questions about Substitutes.....
    • Can they be baton passed/switched out?
    • Does weather damage them or the creator or neither?
    • Do status conditions effect them, and if they are created by a pokemon with a status condition, are the Substitutes damaged or the creator?
    Thanks

19. SilverLanayru

SilverLanayru It's a mystery.

My answers:
    • Yes. Once you use Baton Pass, the Substitute will still be there. Though if you switch Pokemon instead of using Baton Pass, the substitute will disappear.
    • Yes, it'll damage every Pokemon including the creator... unless they're unaffected due to their Pokemon type (such as Sandstorm won't affect ground, rock, or steel-types; Hail won't affect Ice-types; etc.). Substitutes won't be affected.
    • Status conditions won't affect the Substitute and if the creator created a substitute while being induced with a status condition, the creator will still receive damage but the substitute won't.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  20. foxyman1167

Does Buneary's Klutz ability block Soothe Bell?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.