• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread [2.0] [READ THE FIRST POST FIRST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
How do you spread pokerus without losing count of your EV's?

You don't need to KO anything to spread Pokerus so I don't see a problem. Just go into a battle and run away a few times to spread it.

is there an easier way to get shiny legendaries now i heard about the matsuda thing, does that also apply because right now i have 5 pokemon from different trades and i'm going 4 a shiny darkrai

You can get a shiny legendary in about 1-3 hours using the RNG. So far I've caught Uxie, Cresselia, Darkrai and Regice that way.

Does Member card Darkrai reappear if he is defeated?

Yes. And it will have a differant nature and IVs when you re-battle it.

razor fire

How am I supposed to get the TM64? And where exactly do you find it?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
How am I supposed to get the TM64? And where exactly do you find it?

IIRC TM64 is Shadow Claw, is you get it after beating Fantine, the third gym leader, and can be beaten as soon as you arrive in Hearthome City, and talk to her at the contest hall.

razor fire

IIRC TM64 is Shadow Claw, is you get it after beating Fantine, the third gym leader, and can be beaten as soon as you arrive in Hearthome City, and talk to her at the contest hall.

SC is TM65. I'm talking about TM64 Explosion.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Oh ok yeah TM Explosion, you get it after getting a a 10 win streak at the Veilstone City Game Corner.

razor fire

Oh ok yeah TM Explosion, you get it after getting a a 10 win streak at the Veilstone City Game Corner.

but how am I supposed to get a streak of 10 if it's impossible to play on the machines?

DreamGG

ShinyLegendCollector
but how am I supposed to get a streak of 10 if it's impossible to play on the machines?
That was the point in the whole discussion a while back about how English games not being able to get TM64

razor fire

well, it still doesn't answer my question :/

DreamGG

ShinyLegendCollector

razor fire

nah. I don't need it anyway. I manage to get one from that lady after an half hour.

2nd question: What do I have to do to get those different people visit your house? I've bought everything except the pokemon statues and the people won't change :/ Do I need to buy all items?

is it possible to get a clefable to know softboiled and have magic guard?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
is it possible to get a clefable to know softboiled and have magic guard?

I believe that if you teach Softboiled to a male Clefairy/Clefable in FR/LG, Pal Park it, and then breed with a female Clefairy/Clefable. That way, you pass down the move, and eventually you'll hatch a Cleffa with Softboiled.

I don't know if Tutor moves can be passed down, though.

I believe that if you teach Softboiled to a male Clefairy/Clefable in FR/LG, Pal Park it, and then breed with a female Clefairy/Clefable. That way, you pass down the move, and eventually you'll hatch a Cleffa with Softboiled.

No, they cannot unfortunately ^^
If the move isn't part of the Pokémon's list of TM's/HM's, egg moves, or the learned moves of the hatching Pokémon then the move cannot usually be inherited.

There is a way for Clefable to have Magic Guard and Softboiled though, I'll quote my post from another thread about this;

It is possible, but just a little more complicated. Cleffa, Clefairy and Clefable are examples of Pokémon who have acquired a new ability in DPPt, namely Magic Guard. If you migrate such Pokémon from the 3rd generation games into DPPt then it's current ability will remain as it was, however if you then evolve that Pokémon (and only if it can evolve) it's ability may change depending on whether it's ability value corresponds to slot 0 or 1.

For example, Cleffa's/Clefairy's/Clefable's abilities in the 3rd gen are:
Cute Charm (slot 0)
Cute Charm (slot 1)

.. And in the 4th gen:
Cute Charm (slot 0)
Magic Guard (slot 1)

So if it has Cute Charm (slot 1) in the 3rd gen, then it will change to Magic Guard (slot 1) in the 4th gen when you meet the said requirement.

The easiest way to find a Cleffa or Clefairy which will gain Magic Guard upon evolution in DPPt, is to find one that you like and clone it (in Pkmn Emerald or otherwise) then migrate the clone, evolve it, and if the ability changed to what you wanted then you'll know that it's clone still residing in your GBA game will also change it's ability in DPPt. You then teach the original Softboiled and migrate it as usual.
If you have no means of cloning, then take a lucky pick, teach it Softboiled, and pray to Mario that it gets Magic Guard in DPPt.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

That won't work because Softboiled isn't one of Clefairy's egg moves. The only way to get a Clefairy/Clefable that has both is to teach a Clefairy Softboiled in Fr/Lg and Pal Park it. It'll then have a 50% chance of changing it's ability when it evolves.

EDIT: Beaten. And with a better explanation.:p

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
nah. I don't need it anyway. I manage to get one from that lady after an half hour.

2nd question: What do I have to do to get those different people visit your house? I've bought everything except the pokemon statues and the people won't change :/ Do I need to buy all items?

The Villa?

Check the main site section here.

Not only do items activate visitors, but according to the link I just posted, random prominent characters appear from time to time as well.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I have some questions about Substitutes.....
• Can they be baton passed/switched out?
• Does weather damage them or the creator or neither?
• Do status conditions effect them, and if they are created by a pokemon with a status condition, are the Substitutes damaged or the creator?
Thanks

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I have some questions about Substitutes.....
• Can they be baton passed/switched out?
• Does weather damage them or the creator or neither?
• Do status conditions effect them, and if they are created by a pokemon with a status condition, are the Substitutes damaged or the creator?
Thanks

My answers:
  • Yes. Once you use Baton Pass, the Substitute will still be there. Though if you switch Pokemon instead of using Baton Pass, the substitute will disappear.
  • Yes, it'll damage every Pokemon including the creator... unless they're unaffected due to their Pokemon type (such as Sandstorm won't affect ground, rock, or steel-types; Hail won't affect Ice-types; etc.). Substitutes won't be affected.
  • Status conditions won't affect the Substitute and if the creator created a substitute while being induced with a status condition, the creator will still receive damage but the substitute won't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.