• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread [2.0] [READ THE FIRST POST FIRST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
sorry but i can't catch relicant or beldum any advice i found dialga easier

Tiomasta

Not amused

Beldum's catch rate is 3.
Relicanth's catch rate is 25.
Dialga's catch rate is 30.

Both ARE harder than Dialga.
There's no tips or anything, just the usual. False Swipe them to 1 HP, put them to sleep, then spam good balls(the best bet would be waiting until night and using Dusk balls).

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆

Your only real chance with Beldum is Gengar. Have it use Hypnosis to sleep it, then switch to a False Swiper. Get it to 1 HP, then switch in Gengar again and keep it under Hypnosis. I recommend that you use the X-Accuracy to make sure that Hypnosis will not miss. The reason that you should use Gengar is to stop Beldum from killing itself with take Down recoil damage. For Relicanth, use the same strategy. Use Gengar again as it avoids Relicanth's take Down attack.

EDIT: The reason why you found Dialga easier is that it is easier; In fact, statistically, Beldum is 10x harder to catch than Dialga is, as it has a catch rate of 3 and Dialga as a catch rate of 30. Relicanth has a catch rate of 25, so it is also slightly harder.

Last edited:

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.

Listen buddy...there's no surprise there because those two pokemon are kinda voted exxtremly hard to catch so dont fell like sumthings wrong.

Air_Shaymin

Hello. ^^
So, after a while of not playing Platinum after I grew bored, I finally started playing again. I noticed that when I battle, there is no sound from my pokemon when I throw them out, & when they get hit, there is no sound. However, there is sound from the enemy Pokemon. It gets pretty annoying after a while.Is this a glitch or a setting? If it is a setting, how do I change it?
Thanks. :)

m190049

Local psychopath
Hello. ^^
So, after a while of not playing Platinum after I grew bored, I finally started playing again. I noticed that when I battle, there is no sound from my pokemon when I throw them out, & when they get hit, there is no sound. However, there is sound from the enemy Pokemon. It gets pretty annoying after a while.Is this a glitch or a setting? If it is a setting, how do I change it?
Go to options. Is "BATTLE SCENE" set to "ON" or "OFF"?
It should be on. I think that might solve your problem...

That's all I can think of, at least...
Unless it's a speaker problem.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Hello. ^^

Its not a setting, the left speaker is probably broken. In battle, the left speaker is for the Player and their pokemon, and the right speaker is for the opponent.

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
I think the answer to this is yes as my friend told me but I'm just checking.
If I kill Giratina in the Distortion world will I be able to rebattle it anywhere else later on?

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I think the answer to this is yes as my friend told me but I'm just checking.
If I kill Giratina in the Distortion world will I be able to rebattle it anywhere else later on?

Yes you can. Go to Turnback cave. Is just like pokemon D/P but it'll only be on its normal form for now.

master rad

master of pokemon
i have a question,when you go to the solaceon ruins how do i get to the upper ledge?i tried to go through the ruins but there's writting on the wall,something about friendship and arceus i think.

razor fire

Hello. ^^
The speaker's broken. Try using headphones.

It's a speaker problem.
i have a question,when you go to the solaceon ruins how do i get to the upper ledge?i tried to go through the ruins but there's writting on the wall,something about friendship and arceus i think.

It's not about arceus but whatever.... You will have to catch all 26 unown forms first then enter the ruin maniac's cave on the route underneath Veilstone City. Then you can enter the cave on top.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I have two questions. I am getting Platinum soon so.

1. Can you get both of the Giratina forms without trading?

2. Is there any events after the 11th of November.

Tiomasta

Not amused
I have two questions. I am getting Platinum soon so.

1. Can you get both of the Giratina forms without trading?

Sure. It's only one Giratina, you just switch it between its forms by making it hold the Griseous Orb.

2. Is there any events after the 11th of November.

No one knows.

But the Azure Flute is still missing, so they probably will make an event for this one.

Air_Shaymin

Everyone's saying it's a speeker problem, however, I solved it by going to "Options" and changing the sound from "Stereo" to "Mono"... that's pretty odd, but it might've been a glitch in my game or perhaps something else happened. Anyway, thanks for your help, everyone. :)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
roughly how many ways can you get a shiny pokemon?

Encounter, Breeding, Events, Shiny Wondercards and Trading.

You can increase chances via PokéRadar, and several other Techiques. Wonder Cards are the only sure bet, except for the Lake of Rage event

what's rng? and the normal encouner is randomly finding them in the wild right?

RNG = Random Number Generator.

You abuse the RNG in the game by using your secret ID so you know what 'random' number the RNG is going to produce so you know when you get a shiny/ desired nature.

And yes, random encounter is finding one randomly in the wild without the use of any of the other ways.

Last edited:

Tiomasta

Not amused
what's rng? and the normal encouner is randomly finding them in the wild right?

Yeah, normal encounter is finding them randomly. Bidoof, Starly, Bidoof, Starly, Bidoof, ooh shiny Starly.

RNG stands for Random Number Generator, something the game uses to set the IVs, natures and stuff of pokes you find, which poke will you find if you go to the grass, how many steps it takes to find a wild poke...

There is a way to abuse the RNG to force the game to give you pokes with flawless IVs and stuff. And this is what they mean by RNGing.

If you're interested in finding a shiny this way, you must know a certain number within your game, and you can only find that by finding a shiny the normal way, then sending it over to a hacker, so that the hacker examines the poke and tells you the secret number.

Status
Not open for further replies.