• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread [2.0] [READ THE FIRST POST FIRST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toastybob

Is this real life?
Because the lowest lottery prize has been switched to an Ultra Ball, how do you obtain the contest backdrops?

ray2020

peace out!
there's a woman in the Global Terminal [1st floor] giving them out

i think it's on a daily basis [not sure]

m190049

Local psychopath
there's a woman in the Global Terminal [1st floor] giving them out

i think it's on a daily basis [not sure]
I'm pretty sure you are thinking of the woman who gives out Backdrops daily...

ray2020

peace out!

TooCoolScyther

Sea Ruby Trainer
Alright guys, I have a problem and it's been bugging me.

Poketch App #18. Dot Artist.

When you first get this application, it says "Touch!" on it. So I squiggled some stuff... and I can't erase it! No eraser button, and it looks like nonsense and quite frankly, a little gross. =\

Is there any way to erase it? Or is this the most useless Poketch application ever?

ray2020

peace out!
Alright guys, I have a problem and it's been bugging me.

Poketch App #18. Dot Artist.

When you first get this application, it says "Touch!" on it. So I squiggled some stuff... and I can't erase it! No eraser button, and it looks like nonsense and quite frankly, a little gross. =\

Is there any way to erase it? Or is this the most useless Poketch application ever?

as you press a portion of the the poketch screen, it darkens.

there are about 4-5 shades iirc, each one darker than the next.

when a portion has reached its darkest and it is pressed again, it'll revert to the original poketch screen color [like erasing it]

it's like the DS lite's brightness adjustment [as you picked the brightest and pressed it again, it'll revert back to the first]

TooCoolScyther

Sea Ruby Trainer
as you press a portion of the the poketch screen, it darkens.

there are about 4-5 shades iirc, each one darker than the next.

when a portion has reached its darkest and it is pressed again, it'll revert to the original poketch screen color [like erasing it]

it's like the DS lite's brightness adjustment [as you picked the brightest and pressed it again, it'll revert back to the first]

Many thanks! It'll take some work, but I'll eventually erase it all. :)

Thanks again. It's just one of those things where I'm always thinking "I hate this. I can't stand it."

You'd think the no-brainer thing to do is to put an erase button, but oh well :)

gumdropgallon

Simple answer: No. EVs are applied through Exp. and since your Pokemon is level 100 it no longer gains Exp. And you also do not have to do any depositing or withdrawing.

im still lost on this withdraw deposit thing
although the level/battle/exp question is answered now, THANKS GUYS ! !

but i CAN still give it points out of its 510 with things like
CARBOS
and
IRON

once its at 100 ? yes no ?
and whats with this withdraw an deposit stuff, how does that have any effect ?

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
From what I can tell, when you put a Pokémon into the PC and take it back out, its stats are recalculated for EVs... except at level 100.

You can still give it some EVs by the vitamins, but it's not going to be very helpful at all.

Mariku -- kitten

Toshiya lover<3
Not sure if this has been answered yet...

My friend just got the Secret Key in Platinum. However, he wants to restart his game five times so that way he can play through with each Rotom forme. Is there anyway he can get/keep his secret key whith out running off to find Wi-Fi again? Can I, since I already have the Secret Key, send him my key through Mystery Gift? Or is it utterly hopeless?

m190049

Local psychopath
Not sure if this has been answered yet...

My friend just got the Secret Key in Platinum. However, he wants to restart his game five times so that way he can play through with each Rotom forme. Is there anyway he can get/keep his secret key whith out running off to find Wi-Fi again? Can I, since I already have the Secret Key, send him my key through Mystery Gift? Or is it utterly hopeless?
You can switch the Rotom's form at any time... There's really no reason to start over.

But anyway, starting a new game will result in deletion of the Secret Key. Note that there is a limit on how long this event is lasting... If he starts over too late, he may not be able to get the secret key again.

Also, yes, you should be able to send the Secret Key to your friend.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
To go into further detail:

If you didn't go to the event or get it off Wi-Fi, thusly recieved it from your friend, you may not transfer that Wondercard to anyone.

I have a level 50 gengar that I want to EV train in speed for the battle tower. If I level it up to 60 say, will my battle tower level-reduced gengar have higher speed stat than it has now?

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
2 questions about D/P and Pt. linked battles (One person with D/P and one person with Pt).
1. Since Hypnosis' accuracy in D/P is 70% and in Pt is 60%, what is it then?
2. In D/P if you use Ghost-Curse with less than half HP, you would faint, but in Pt, that was fixed.
Please and thanks!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a level 50 gengar that I want to EV train in speed for the battle tower. If I level it up to 60 say, will my battle tower level-reduced gengar have higher speed stat than it has now?
It depends on what happens between Level 50 and 60.

It will go up if you win it against speed EV giving Pokémon.

It won't change if you don't can't earn more Speed EVs or don't earn them. (Battling Non-Speed EV Pokémon or Daycare and Rare Candies)

It will only go down if you use a EV reduction berry.

R_N

2 questions about D/P and Pt. linked battles (One person with D/P and one person with Pt).
1. Since Hypnosis' accuracy in D/P is 70% and in Pt is 60%, what is it then?
2. In D/P if you use Ghost-Curse with less than half HP, you would faint, but in Pt, that was fixed.
Please and thanks!

Two things
1. I've seen a Ghost-Curse kill itself because it was less then half health
2. It depends on who is hosting. If plat hosts, it makes DP it's "slave", meaning 60 accuracy. 70 if DP hosts.

Actually wait now I'm not sure if it depends on host or if it depends on plat's presence....

Status
Not open for further replies.