• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread [2.0] [READ THE FIRST POST FIRST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos The Pokemon master

yeah,unless you close your game wothout saving.

no problem.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

You don't even need to save. It automatically saves when you download the ticket. There's no need to even load up your game.

oh.
i though he meant when you pick it up,sorry.

joka

I bought Leafgreen, Saphire, Emerald & Ruby on Ebay.
The problem is that i can't transfer pokemon from these games to my Pokemon Platinum on ds.
I have national dex and pal park.

The option 'migrate from' doesn't show.
I suspect the games are copy's/reproduction's. This because the print quality of box and booklet are a little suspicious.

Can someone please confirm that those types of copy's exist ? And that they can't trade to the ds ?

Or is it because they are USA and my Platinum is EU ?
help me out.

andyhaj

I bought Leafgreen, Saphire, Emerald & Ruby on Ebay.
The problem is that i can't transfer pokemon from these games to my Pokemon Platinum on ds.
I have national dex and pal park.

The option 'migrate from' doesn't show.
I suspect the games are copy's/reproduction's. This because the print quality of box and booklet are a little suspicious.

Can someone please confirm that those types of copy's exist ? And that they can't trade to the ds ?

Or is it because they are USA and my Platinum is EU ?
help me out.

I think it's the part with American games and European games...They have a regional thing...

Not much to do with that...

joka

thanks for the info, so USA versions just dont work with EU ones ? I knew that japenes don't work with english language ones, but I thought USA did work with eu...

well I've compared the stickers on the cartridge for instance. When I look at the Nintendo logo and the seal of quality, it looks blurry and vague when compared to other gba games I have. Also the booklets are only four pages and inferior quality print.

On the back of the box it says: "not compatible with nintendo ds" or "this product can only be linked to the pokemon ruby and saphire versions. It is NOT compatible with other pokemon versions or the Pokemon Stadium series"

I mean, just the fact that it says "not compatible with nintendo ds" means it's a fake, am I right?
because all original gba games should be compatible with ds (within the correct region).

am I right ?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
thanks for the info, so USA versions just dont work with EU ones ? I knew that japenes don't work with english language ones, but I thought USA did work with eu...

well I've compared the stickers on the cartridge for instance. When I look at the Nintendo logo and the seal of quality, it looks blurry and vague when compared to other gba games I have. Also the booklets are only four pages and inferior quality print.

On the back of the box it says: "not compatible with nintendo ds" or "this product can only be linked to the pokemon ruby and saphire versions. It is NOT compatible with other pokemon versions or the Pokemon Stadium series"

I mean, just the fact that it says "not compatible with nintendo ds" means it's a fake, am I right?
because all original gba games should be compatible with ds (within the correct region).

am I right ?
All of the information you've given us does suggest a fake... And the "not compatible with nintendo DS" is a load of rubbish. Unless it says "DSi" rather than "DS". But im pretty sure these are fake =/ And all GBA games ARE compatible with all DS consoles, no matter the region. But some features of the game may not work, such as the Pal park.

joka

Yes, well I found a helpfull guide on Australian Ebay after googling for a bit:

http://reviews.ebay.com.au/FAKE-POK...HENSIVE-GUIDE-PICS_W0QQugidZ10000000004240408

It explains how to recognise bootleg games.
And mine indeed were fake, luckily the "kind" seller offered to give me money back. I didn't even know that bootleg gba games existed.. !?

There seem to be a lot of those fake ones on ebay, but i now know what to look for.
The pal park is one of the main reasons I wanted to buy these games, so I'll go for a genuine European version this time.

thanks for the help.

Last edited:

NinjaBaker

I downloaded the mystery key a while ago on my platinum version and I still have the wonder card. If i restart my platinum version will I still be able to get the secret key?

;479;

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I downloaded the mystery key a while ago on my platinum version and I still have the wonder card. If i restart my platinum version will I still be able to get the secret key?

;479;

If you restart your Platinum your Secret Key will be deleted as well. But you can just download it again when you get Mystery gift, provided you do so before the event ends.

NinjaBaker

If you restart your Platinum your Secret Key will be deleted as well. But you can just download it again when you get Mystery gift, provided you do so before the event ends.

The event is still going on?

;479-w;

Status
Not open for further replies.