• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread [2.0] [READ THE FIRST POST FIRST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, normal encounter is finding them randomly. Bidoof, Starly, Bidoof, Starly, Bidoof, ooh shiny Starly.

RNG stands for Random Number Generator, something the game uses to set the IVs, natures and stuff of pokes you find, which poke will you find if you go to the grass, how many steps it takes to find a wild poke...

There is a way to abuse the RNG to force the game to give you pokes with flawless IVs and stuff. And this is what they mean by RNGing.

If you're interested in finding a shiny this way, you must know a certain number within your game, and you can only find that by finding a shiny the normal way, then sending it over to a hacker, so that the hacker examines the poke and tells you the secret number.

It can be found without the use of a cheat device. You can look here to see how.

Glitcher

Question about the Name Rater

Has anyone ever received a foreign language trade before? For example, if you receive a french Butterfree (Papilusion), will the Name Rater change it to english or will the name stay in french?

Orangefeather

Has anyone ever received a foreign language trade before? For example, if you receive a french Butterfree (Papilusion), will the Name Rater change it to english or will the name stay in french?

You can't change nicknames of traded pokemon. But if it's foreign and it evolves, the name will change to English. (My french "DRABY" evolved into a "SHELGON")

m190049

Local psychopath
I've traded over several Pokemon from my JP games to my US games, and don't worry, when Pokemon are traded over, they retain their names.

HOWEVER. If the Pokemon evolves, their name is changed to whatever language cartridge they are on.

For example:
Say you trade over a "ユンゲラー" (a Kadabra) to an English copy game.
"ユンゲラー" will evolve into "ALAKAZAM".

(The name will also change to the language in question when evolving through other means, like level up or stones.)

DarkSteve

Hey friend hello again, i know i just to bothering again ... sorry v.v for another stupid question.... XD

Well my question is this , if i have the arceus from the movie i can also have the wild arceus from the spear pillar with the flute of the wifi event.

For another example , if i got the regigigas from the movie , and catch all the 3 wild regis , can also catch the wild regigigas lvl 1?

I think its the same problem , the question is... can i?

m190049

Local psychopath
Hey friend hello again, i know i just to bothering again ... sorry v.v for another stupid question.... XD

Well my question is this , if i have the arceus from the movie i can also have the wild arceus from the spear pillar with the flute of the wifi event.

For another example , if i got the regigigas from the movie , and catch all the 3 wild regis , can also catch the wild regigigas lvl 1?

Yes. Pokemon obtained from an event are completely separate from the ones in their in-game locations.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I should mention that no Arceus Wi-Fi has even been confirmed. But yes, even if you get an event Arceus, you can still get another in the game.

Last edited:

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Isn't there an item that negates the stat drops from moves like Overheat?

Tiomasta

Not amused
Isn't there an item that negates the stat drops from moves like Overheat?

There's the White Herb, which activates once you get a stat drop.
When used, it resets your stats back to normal. Of course, it only works once, since it is used up like a berry.

It still gets used up from stat drops caused by the enemy, even by something like Intimidate.

You can buy those at the Frontier.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
That's what I thought. I just asked because the site says it's used to cure status effects.

EDIT: Rank up! I'm in shock!

DarkerShining

Um... Hi... I don't know if this is the right place for this, or if I should make a thread about it in the Platinum Wi-Fi section, but...

Lately, I haven't been able to play the plaza games in the Wi-Fi plaza. I try to join, but for some reason I don't get to join when the game starts. When I'm the first to join, I get a message saying "a member had to drop out, please register from the start again" when another person joins me, although most of the time it doesn't seem like anyone joins at all. I try to join a game and I'm the only other person who has joined, it still says that there is only one person and I get the "a member had to drop out" message again.

Is there anything I can do about this?

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need some advice for a Kangaskhan...

I've come up with three possible movesets for her, each with a different Held Item. Her ability has to be Scrappy, of course (making it easy to defeat Sableye or Spiritomb with a Fighting-type move). Two moves I'm definitely teaching her are Rock Slide and Earthquake. I'm having a hard time choosing a good Fighting-type move, however.

Please keep in mind that I have seen this.

Moveset #1

- Hammer Arm*
- Helping Hand
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Item: Quick Claw

*I have a male Rhydon, so this isn't an issue.

Moveset #2

- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Item: Bright Powder or Leftovers

Moveset #3

- Brick Break
- Helping Hand
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Item: Black Belt

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need some advice for a Kangaskhan...

I've come up with three possible movesets for her, each with a different Held Item. Her ability has to be Scrappy, of course (making it easy to defeat Sableye or Spiritomb with a Fighting-type move). Two moves I'm definitely teaching her are Rock Slide and Earthquake. I'm having a hard time choosing a good Fighting-type move, however.

Please keep in mind that I have seen this.

Moveset #1
Adamant; 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SpD
- Hammer Arm*
- Helping Hand / Return
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake / Return
Item: Quick Claw / Life Orb

*I have a male Rhydon, so this isn't an issue.

Moveset #2
Brave; 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SpD
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Rock Slide
- Return / Double-Edge

Item: Leftovers

Moveset #3
Adamant; 120 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
- Brick Break
- Helping Hand / Return
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake / Return

Item: Black Belt / Life Orb

Thanks in advance...

Well, if you are using this in-game then I think that you should go with set 2, simply because the others have Helping Hand which doesn't need to be used often outside the Battle Tower. On this set, as with almost all SubPunch sets, you should use leftovers. If you want to use the other two, they are both ok but it will be really worth it to drop helping Hand for Return in both cases, for reasons mentioned earlier. If you want to include Helping Hand, however, than you should drop one of the other moved for return because it is such a good move on Kangashan. If you really want to use fighting moves, then you should drop Earthquake for Return since Fighting and Ground get very similar coverage. You will get a reliable, solid move from return so I strongly recommend you use it. If you don't like my small essay, then I have put my suggestions in bold. If you want to use EV spreads, then I have added them in too. Note that the SubPunch set should not outspeed its opponents so that it can get the Sub in after the opponent has attacked. This way, you are guaranteed a focus punch next turn.

razor fire

Um... Hi... I don't know if this is the right place for this, or if I should make a thread about it in the Platinum Wi-Fi section, but...

Lately, I haven't been able to play the plaza games in the Wi-Fi plaza. I try to join, but for some reason I don't get to join when the game starts. When I'm the first to join, I get a message saying "a member had to drop out, please register from the start again" when another person joins me, although most of the time it doesn't seem like anyone joins at all. I try to join a game and I'm the only other person who has joined, it still says that there is only one person and I get the "a member had to drop out" message again.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Lately a lot of people have been struggling with this. Me included. There might be something wrong with nintendo's servers.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Just one Fighting-type move will do. I also find Earthquake useful as it can deal heavy damage to most Electric-types or opponents like Skuntank or Drapion, and isn't a direct attack (no worries about Pokemon w/ Static). That, and Kangaskhan is the only member of my team that can use it. It's risky in a double battle -- but I'll likely use it if my Cloyster uses Protect (not consecutively, of course) or if my Crobat is on the field (just need to be concerned about opponents with Gravity).

Thanks for your suggestions, but I think I'll go with my third option.

My Flareon has Return in her arsenal, so I have my favorite Pokemon to take out certain opponents with "tough love". As for support moves... Gardevoir has Safeguard to keep my team safe from status conditions (such as Poison, Sleep etc.) for five turns. Banette has Embargo, which works well with his Frisk ability. Crobat has Confuse Ray, and Cloyster has Toxic Spikes.

Brick Break isn't as powerful as Focus Punch, but it does come in handy for opponents who annoyingly use Reflect or Light Screen. I'd been thinking about that for a long time. Plus it's 100% accurate, while Hammer Arm has 90% accuracy (Rock Slide also has 90% accuracy, so I don't think it's a good idea for a Pokemon to have more than one attack that's not always accurate).

I don't rely on the most powerful attacks; but moves like Flamethrower (Flareon), Water Pulse (Cloyster), or Psychic (Gardevoir) can get the job done. Helping Hand can give these moves an edge in a double battle. I know because I recently teamed up with Marley on Victory Road, and my attacks were more powerful each time her Arcanine used it. In single battles, Kangaskhan would still have three different move types to work with.

Going to try and breed/catch a Kangaskhan with a Brave or Adamant nature. I just need to get lucky.

MBlack475

Falcon PUNCH!!!
Wow this is my first post since May...
Anyway, I'm wondering if I should go to Toysrus and get the movie Arceus or if the movie Arceus will be distributed over wifi.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Wow this is my first post since May...
Anyway, I'm wondering if I should go to Toysrus and get the movie Arceus or if the movie Arceus will be distributed over wifi.

Its best you go get it while you have the chance..

Seriously...don't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.