• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread [2.0] [READ THE FIRST POST FIRST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaPheonixPal

Not all the EVs will be added to your Pokemon's stats when it gains 1 level. They will be added gradually when it keeps levelling up. Your Ralts would gain all the EVs when it's at level 100, so don't worry. =)

wait what?!?!
im pretty sure that it doubles the evs you get not adds 4. or am i wrong and probably screwed upp the ev training i did a year ago and probably did think about +4 thing u said when i was ev training but dont remember? =\

R_N

wait what?!?!
im pretty sure that it doubles the evs you get not adds 4. or am i wrong and probably screwed upp the ev training i did a year ago and probably did think about +4 thing u said when i was ev training but dont remember? =\

Only the pokerus doubles EVs.
The various Power items add +4 EVs based on whatever stat they represent.
Example: Let's say you had the Power Weight on and you fought a Blissey. You would get 7 HP EVs, because Bilssey gives 3 & the Weight gives 4. If you fought, say, a Magikarp, you would get 1 speed EV (magikarp) and would still get 4 HP EVS due to the Weight.

Naxte

May I make sure how the power items work?

Lets say I have equiped the Power Lens on my creature.
Then I fight a Budew, after the battle my creature gain 5 effort points in special attack, correct?
Yes, that's right.

However, I fight another creature, like Luxray.
Shall my creature gain 4 points in special attack and 3 point in attack, or just special attack by itself?
The first; the Power Lens will still give 4 Special Attack EVs, no matter what Pokemon your facing. If the Pokemon you're facing doesn't give Special Attack EVs, then you'd get the 4 Special Attack EVs from the Lens, and whatever EVs that Pokemon you're facing gives out. So, you would get the 3 Attack EVs from the Luxray and 4 Special Attack EVs from the Power Brace in that situation.

wait what?!?!
Pokerus and the Macho Brace both double EV gain. The Power items add 4 EVs.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Re:Everyone confused about EVs.

-The Macho Brace doubles all EVs earned from a battle. Pokerus also doubles EVs, and this effects lasts forever once your Pokemon is infected.
-Power items add 4 EVs of the stat they help with. You also get the usual EVs from the Pokemon you beat. Example:You beat a magikarp using an Infernape holding the Power Bracer. You get 1 speed EV from the Magikarp and 4 attack EVs from the Bracer.
-The Macho Brace, Pokerus, and power items only apply to EVs earned in battle - vitamins give 10 EVs a shot no matter what your Pokemon is holding.
-4 EVs equal 1 extra point in that stat at level one hundred. Since the max amount of EVs you can have(that actually count towards stat bonuses) is 252, this means you can get 63 extra points in a stat at Lv.100. (the actual max number of EVS per stat is 255, but the extra three evs give no stat bonus and are useless as such)
-The bonus from all your Pokemon's EVs scales with its level. At Lv.50 the stat bonus will be roughly half of what you'd get at Lv.100, for example. I'm sure there's some formula somewhere that can give you the exact bonus, but I can't be bothered to find it right now.

blackemerald

What is/are the item(s) that you win from the 5-Maid Knock Out Challenge?(In the pokemon mansion)

You don't get any item presented to you, just a battle against the lady of the mansion and her Blissey, who's holding a rare candy. So if you want that you'll be needing a pokemon with Covet or Theif.

vulpixlover37

Vulpix Queen
"The GTS now gives a feature that will send an e-mail to you or to your Wii whenever a trade of yours is successful over the Global Trade System."

How do I get this to happen?

Also, I traded the event Regigigas over to Platinum this morning. Does this mean that the 3 Regis will already be available for me to catch?
;037;

Kreis

Still Dirrty
"The GTS now gives a feature that will send an e-mail to you or to your Wii whenever a trade of yours is successful over the Global Trade System."

How do I get this to happen?

Also, I traded the event Regigigas over to Platinum this morning. Does this mean that the 3 Regis will already be available for me to catch?
;037;
Yes, but remember to have Regigigas in your team when you go searching for the 3 Regis.

vulpixlover37

Vulpix Queen
Thanks!

But do you know how to do this???

[EDIT] Another question - I go onto the GTS to trade for Pokémon, but it won't let me trade with trainers I find. I can deposit Pokémon and trade that way. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Last edited:

GengarNightmare

I just want to make this clear:

-There are two events for the Secret Key: the one beginning on Sunday is at Toys-R-Us, not over Nintendo WFC. I'm not sure how long this one lasts, only that it starts on Sunday.
-The Nintendo WFC event lasts from Monday April 20th to May 12th 2009. If you don't already know, you download this one through a wireless network connected to the internet.
-Big Nutter and others posted steps on how to unlock Mystery Gift. You'll probably only need to do this if you are planning on using the Nintendo WFC route.

Correct, though I've never actually done it myself, though I've seen it done. This is how people obtain many event Pokemon; people reset their games repeatedly without having to reach Jublife. It's active from the beginning if you are in reach of a Wi-Fi hotspot. Like I said earlier, I think you'll have to activate it yourself if you want to do the event over the Internet.

Why they are starting these events at different times is a mystery to me. I'll just wait till Monday.:D Guess I'm lazy.

I've got to correct you there. As I've got access to a Wifi Router almost every time I play Pokémon. It won't Activate Mystery Gift on the Main Menu, when I'm next to my router.

PBR events and Events are the only way to activate Mystery Gift before the first Badge. You may get Unlocked if you have a DS to DS WonderCard Transfer.. Such as a said Key and Ranger games

Lol, I guess I wasn't very clear, was I?

When I said "Wi-Fi hotspot", I really meant a wireless connection, specifically to the Nintendo DS that is distributing the event. There's a video here that shows the "distribution cartridge" (it's cool! watch it!). If there is any further confusion about this, just look at the section about the Rotom Event at Pokemon.com here. Click "Learn more about the Secret Key!" and follow the links there. Pay attention to the second picture under the Toys R Us section: it shows the message you would get if you had not unlocked Mystery Gift prior to attending the event. The only requirements that are listed here are:

1.)Possesion of a Nintendo DS and Pokemon Platinum (duh)
2.)Obtained the Pokedex (just the reigonal one)
3.)Own no more than two wonder cards.

In conlcusion, it seems that obtaining Mystery Gift for the Toys R Us event is not required; only the dex is needed. But if you download it over Nintendo WFC (internet), then you will need to unlock Mystery Gift in Jublife City. Informaiton on that can be found here.

Hope everyone gets their key!

Last edited:

TSL

Mischievous.
When you use Power item+Pokerus, does it double EV, then add four, or add four then double? EX,
Fighting Staraptor with a pokemon w/ pokerus and power anklet
EV=2 speed
Is it 2+4 x2=12
or
2x2 +4=8
?

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Question:
Do you have to defeat Fantina before heading to Solaceon Town? There's two people blocking the way to there.

R_N

So how long do berries stay on the tree?
I planted some 32 hour berries 3 hours ago in Growth mulch, meaning by the time they produce berries I will be in bed. If they fall off between then and the time I get up I will be just a little angry.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Question:
Do you have to defeat Fantina before heading to Solaceon Town? There's two people blocking the way to there.

Yes, the arrangement is different in Platinum.

cashuin

Same problem as you

My thought is that we just don't have the level of the pokemon the trainer is looking for. I had the same problem. Since you don't see the level the trainer is looking for just the Pokemon, you won't be able to trade. Others my jump in with their thoughts on this.
Good luck! ;124;

Thanks!

But do you know how to do this???

[EDIT] Another question - I go onto the GTS to trade for Pokémon, but it won't let me trade with trainers I find. I can deposit Pokémon and trade that way. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

cashuin

How is your progress? I am stuck too!

What are you doing now? Have you gotten to the Elite 4 yet?

I am the same, but in a different "roaming"mode. I have done everything I can think of but can not figure how to progress. I have my Villa and I fully furnished it (AR Cheat for max cash:) ). I stop by daily. One time Rowan was there and left me a book. I can't find it! One time Buck was there talking about Roarke. One time Fantina and Gardenia were there talking about having me with them on the upcoming battles.

I have captured Heatran as well. I need a Shaymin NOT CAUGHT in the flower garden (TRU Mystery gift?) and I have been trading out the wazzoo but no luck! I would love to get the Gradidea(sp?) flower, hence the trading, but all come from the Flower Garden.

If anyone has gotten further along or knows what I am supposed to do, please jump in or PM me. If anyone knows how to get the flower, please explain or PM me. I really am unsure what to do next. It seems as though there is "more to the story", but I am just not "getting it"!
Many Mahalos (thank you in Hawaiian)
;124;;124;-At what level does Jynx get Lovely Kiss? Does Togetic ever get it? It has Sweet Kiss.

alright i feel as though im stuck somewhat... i've went to the team galatic HQ to free the 3 pokemon of the lakes that done i battled cyrus he disappeared. after words i feel as though im roaming around what to do now? other then try filling my pokedex i know i have to fight the elite 4 but sunyshore city is not yet open that fat guy stays blocking it

Tyeforce

PKMN Trainer Tye
Okay, something's really wrong with my game... For almost a week now, all daily events have stopped. The game thinks that I've already done everything that day, but I haven't. Now I can't get new swarming Pokémon, Trophy Garden Pokémon, trendy sayings, lottery tickets, or anything like that. Does anyone know what's gong on and how I can fix it?!
So...can anyone help me?

IcyDragon0605

Look over there!
I looked around and didn't find an answer.

O.K, I caught rotom, cleared the eterna hideout of Team Galactic, and talked to that one producer and answered his questions "Everyone Happy" and "Wi-fi connection". But whenever I try to get the secret key in Mystery Gift, I get an error. So why cant I get it? Do i have to beat the elite four?

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I looked around and didn't find an answer.

O.K, I caught rotom, cleared the eterna hideout of Team Galactic, and talked to that one producer and answered his questions "Everyone Happy" and "Wi-fi connection". But whenever I try to get the secret key in Mystery Gift, I get an error. So why cant I get it? Do i have to beat the elite four?

I'm not exactly sure but you do need to have a wifi connection to obtain the Secret Key. If you do have Wifi did you click "Get Via Nintendo WFC"?

Status
Not open for further replies.