• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread [2.0] [READ THE FIRST POST FIRST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks!

But do you know how to do this???
"The GTS now gives a feature that will send an e-mail to you or to your Wii whenever a trade of yours is successful over the Global Trade System."

[EDIT] Another question - I go onto the GTS to trade for Pokémon, but it won't let me trade with trainers I find. I can deposit Pokémon and trade that way. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?
First, there is an NPC in the GTT, I don't know which floor.

Second, Platinum's GTS is broken, it doesn't show level requirements, use Diamond or Pearl for the GTS.

It is on the correct time. >_>

Don't change your time or DS for 24 hours and everything will work. Every time you change your time or which DS you use timed events are put off for 24 hours.

Tyeforce

PKMN Trainer Tye
First, there is an NPC in the GTT, I don't know which floor.

Second, Platinum's GTS is broken, it doesn't show level requirements, use Diamond or Pearl for the GTS.

Don't change your time or DS for 24 hours and everything will work. Every time you change your time or which DS you use timed events are put off for 34 hours.
That's what I've heard. The only thing is...time has been on hold for almost a week now.

Tyeforce

PKMN Trainer Tye
You must be switching DSes or changing your time, or someone else is. Even changing it ahead by one second throws it off.
I'm guessing that's what started it. I played it in my DS Lite instead of my DSi, and my DS Lite clock must be a little off. But I haven't switched DSs or messed with the clock at all since then.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm guessing that's what started it. I played it in my DS Lite instead of my DSi, and my DS Lite clock must be a little off. But I haven't switched DSs or messed with the clock at all since then.

It doesn't matter what time your DS is set to, the game will just wait 24 hours and use that as the time, whether it the correct time or not. And even if you manage to get two DSes to have the exact same time you would still have to wait. There's no other reason time stops.

Tyeforce

PKMN Trainer Tye
It doesn't matter what time your DS is set to, the game will just wait 24 hours and use that as the time, whether it the correct time or not. And even if you manage to get two DSes to have the exact same time you would still have to wait. There's no other reason time stops.
I know, but it's been well over 24 hours.

R_N

So how long do berries stay on the tree?
I planted some 32 hour berries 3 hours ago in Growth mulch, meaning by the time they produce berries I will be in bed. If they fall off between then and the time I get up I will be just a little angry.

Anyone know?

Visual

Nine one six ~
I am wondering how many Rare Candies can be found in the game?

m190049

Local psychopath
How do you do this???
"The GTS now gives a feature that will send an e-mail to you or to your Wii whenever a trade of yours is successful over the Global Trade System."
(posted here: http://serebii.net/platinum/changes.shtml)
It's on the main menu... When you start up the game.

Anyone know?
The time that the berries stay on the branch is one "stage".

On a 32-Hour berry, each stage is 8 hours...

The time it spends as a dirt-pile is a stage.
The time it spends as a plant with flowers is one stage.
Etc.

Visual

Nine one six ~
im guessing quite a lot because ive found 12 by searching and useing the dowsing app
Really? Why do I only have 4 Rare Candies in my Diamond? (o.0)
Well, I rarely use the Dowsing Machine. How do you use it anyway? The location of the item keep changing eventhough I just move like 1 step.
...and is there a page that shows all the locations of the Rare Candies?

Rare candy can be found by Pokemon with the Pickup ability, and they're also for sale in Platinum.
They are? Nice! I am thinking that they are expensive. Where can you buy them?

Last edited:
For breeding, does giving the female parent an everstone to pass on natures still work in platinum? Because I gave my female modest houndoom an everstone and have hatched 30+ eggs and only 3 have been modest nature so far 0_o...

ray2020

peace out!
Really? Why do I only have 4 Rare Candies in my Diamond? (o.0)
Well, I rarely use the Dowsing Machine. How do you use it anyway? The location of the item keep changing eventhough I just move like 1 step.
...and is there a page that shows all the locations of the Rare Candies?

try the plat item page in serebii

and uhh i think that when you move one step, the dot's [meaning the buried item] position will change because you moved

cashuin

Have you tried

Maybe resetting the clock? Maybe that would help. Also, any chance the battery in your DS is going bad? I am sorry, cause I know how frustrating it can be when you are saying "hello-can anyone help me" and no one answers. I am by no means an expert in this area, so those are the only 2 things I can think of. Good luck, and let us know if you get it fixed.

So...can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.