• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread [2.0] [READ THE FIRST POST FIRST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinylucario777

The cake's a LIE!?
I was wondering if the Secret Key (or any at all) wonder card is exchangable over Wi-Fi between friends. I was hoping to get a copy of it.

I just got the villa in pokemon platinum, and the guy said that it was owned by some guy from hoenn who got some rare stones and left. I was wondering if that guy is talking about Steven from r/s/e

Knightmare

It's talking about Action replay's and stuff, and it wont render your game unplayable anyway. It MIGHT make your save unplayable, but that's it.
Haha are devices like that really considered 'unlawful'?
I mean not that I use cheating devices or anything...
but I don't see police barging in toys'r'us or gamestop or whatever and arresting everyone in the place for selling action replay or gameshark...
infact it seems that they're allowed to sell them... legally.
I dunno, 'unlawful' by who's standards... other than self-respecting gamers..
I was wondering if the Secret Key (or any at all) wonder card is exchangable over Wi-Fi between friends. I was hoping to get a copy of it.
Nope sorry it has to be a wireless linkup for the wondercards...
I guess that's to prevent people from freely sending them all over the place... then everyone could get any event weather or not the participated during the designated time period..
I'm not sure why that would be such a bad thing but that just seems to be the case

I just got the villa in pokemon platinum, and the guy said that it was owned by some guy from hoenn who got some rare stones and left. I was wondering if that guy is talking about Steven from r/s/e

Hm no one knows it a mystery!
But actually yes it's obviously a reference to Steven, who else could it be?

OoOoh maybe in the distant future in the R/S remakes they'll have Steven mention owning a resort in Sinnoh... or planning to buy one... haha

who knows

Last edited:

Tadashi

kiss my greens

No, actually. As with all items in the Key Items part of your bag, they are unsellable, un-PC-deposit-able, and untradeable. You're stuck with that Key unless you start a new save file.

Minun456

I was also looking foward to have one just the same.

Would the event be likely to come up again?

Knightmare

I was also looking foward to have one just the same.

Would the event be likely to come up again?

I dunno I don't think it's likely though..
Your best bet is probably to see if you can maybe find a friend who has the wondercard nearby you.

Xeryus

I was wondering(sorry if it has been said before)

Because i live in Australia and wasn't able to get the secret key wifi event from America, (it ended 2 days before i was able to buy pt.) would i be able to get the European WIFI event for the Secret key?

Thanks in advance.

Torterra12

Event collector
is there a way to check a pokemons nature with out catching it E.g when you vs giratina

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I was wondering(sorry if it has been said before)

Because i live in Australia and wasn't able to get the secret key wifi event from America, (it ended 2 days before i was able to buy pt.) would i be able to get the European WIFI event for the Secret key?

Thanks in advance.

You cannot get a European Secret Key off of Wifi unless your game is European.

King David

I'm the king, baby
I've just finished the Team Galactic plot of that flowery town, and am supposed to be going to going to Eterna city via a forest, but all the pokemon trainers around here have grass type pokemon.

Besides the FR way of getting Growlithe, is there any way of getting a fire/ice pokemon this early in this game so I can beat them?

My current team is:

Turtwig
Shinx
Onix
Machop
Psyduck

DreamGG

ShinyLegendCollector
How do I go about SR for a shiny or right natured Cresselia and Mesprit? Do I have to catch them or run into them to find out or is there an easier way?

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
I've (just) read that messing with the DS clock can "break" Daily Events. After clearing out the Valley Windworks I set my DS' date back to yesterday to see if I could get Drifloon without waiting a week. I've since set it back to it's original date but I've just read posts from people complaining that doing this has stopped their daily events from happening.

Is there any quick way to check if my daily events etc are working from early on in the game (just prior to Eterna Forest)? Also, if it has broken the time-based events, is it worth restarting? (Before Platinum I only played through Diamond once when it first came out so I don't know how prominent these events are ingame.)

DieChavsDie

Is it possible to Mystery Gift the Secret Key from one Platinum to another? Id like to know, as my friend might be getting Platinum, and the Secret Key event is coming soon, so we could both get it. That way if I wanted to restart, I could use Mystery Gift to get the Secret Key from her game. Or would that not be possible?

Arsel

I've just finished the Team Galactic plot of that flowery town, and am supposed to be going to going to Eterna city via a forest, but all the pokemon trainers around here have grass type pokemon.

Besides the FR way of getting Growlithe, is there any way of getting a fire/ice pokemon this early in this game so I can beat them?

My current team is:

Turtwig
Shinx
Onix
Machop
Psyduck

Yes, you can catch a Ponyta at Route 207, north of Oreburgh City

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is it possible to Mystery Gift the Secret Key from one Platinum to another? Id like to know, as my friend might be getting Platinum, and the Secret Key event is coming soon, so we could both get it. That way if I wanted to restart, I could use Mystery Gift to get the Secret Key from her game. Or would that not be possible?

Yes, by using the Recieve Mystery Gift from a Friend option in the Mystery Gift section.

Help mE!
I restart my DS ...
And who should be my ground pokemon?
Rhyhorn or Gible...
I need your experiences :D

Gible, better in my opinion.

How do I go about SR for a shiny or right natured Cresselia and Mesprit? Do I have to catch them or run into them to find out or is there an easier way?

First time you encounter them, their nature is set whether or not you catch it. The only way to SR for a shiny is to try from when they are in one place, and you release them. If you want a right nature, use a Pokemon with the Synchronize ability and the nature you want so there is a 50% the nature is what you want. As for shiny hunting, all I can say is good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.