• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread [2.0] [READ THE FIRST POST FIRST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mighty Wurmple

Got a question about Yanma and Yanmega.

At the moment I'm breeding for a Timid one with decent IVs, and I want the Yanmega to have Tinted Lens as its ability.
Does that mean I have to breed for a Yanma with Compundeyes, or is it possible for Speed Boost to change to Tinted Lens through evolution?

Thanks.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Got a question about Yanma and Yanmega.

At the moment I'm breeding for a Timid one with decent IVs, and I want the Yanmega to have Tinted Lens as its ability.
Does that mean I have to breed for a Yanma with Compundeyes, or is it possible for Speed Boost to change to Tinted Lens through evolution?

Thanks.

Unless you are breeding in a 3rd Gen. game, yes Yanma will have to have Compoundeyes.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find any other place to that would make sense.* So sorry in advance if this is the wrong place. :xYou know how you can view/post box data at the GTS?Well, when you click view trainer data(or whatever it's called), you can sometimes see a sprite of a certain pokemon next to the trainer sprite.Does anybody know if it's possible to change the sprite of the pokemon?If so, how?

This is kind of spammy but...I edited my last post, and a new question is there.

SunMecha said:
EDIT: I also forgot that when I divided 108 by 4, I got 27! Why did I get only 2/3 of that amount?

You don't get EVs all in one go, its a long process. But don't worry, All of your EVs will have been added somewhere along the line once you get to Lv100.

Please just ask a new question in a new reply next time- Don't go back and edit your old ones.

yeminied

Does anyone know the exact location of the dawn stone in Mount Coronet? I need a Gallade before long, my Kirlia is by far the weakest on my team at the moment.

Also, where is the name rater/changer? I can't find him/her.

Banana Bloodplanet

Does anyone know the exact location of the dawn stone in Mount Coronet? I need a Gallade before long, my Kirlia is by far the weakest on my team at the moment.

Also, where is the name rater/changer? I can't find him/her.

The part of Mt. Coronet between Route 207 and Route 208. From where you first met Cyrus, go south and there will be water. Surf to the land beyond the water. That is where the Dawn Stone is.

The name rater/changer is in the building in Eterna City next to the Pokemart.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Something wierd happened with my Rhypherior today. So I battled 108 Shelloses between today and yesterday, and it leveled up (for the first time) today. It leveled up as usual, but It's HP went up by 18! I thought every Pokemon gets it's EVs at level 100! Did I do something wrong?
EDIT: I also forgot that when I divided 108 by 4, I got 27! Why did I get only 2/3 of that amount?

Simple, you gained some EV's. Generally, EV-training a Pokémon takes a long time. But if you're battling 108 Shelloses non-stop, then you're bound to gain a fair amount of EV's, rather than just a couple.

So your Rhyperior just gained 18 HP EV's. That isn't so bad, is it?

The Mighty Wurmple

Okay, so I finally bred a (Male) Yanma with the right Ability, nature, and perfect Special Attack IVs (perfect Special Defence too :eek:). Problem is, it has a Speed IV of under 10.

How would I be able to get another Yanma with the same IVs, but with a better Speed IV? Do I just get the almost perfect Yanma to breed with the previous female one with the Everstone? (Timid).
I've already saved if that helps you figure it out.

Last edited:

DevilPunk

a screaming soul
you use mystery gift, where do you live because that effects when the items are available, what country?

I live in Sweden. Does this effect the mystery gift thingie?

Rakurai

Okay, so I finally bred a (Male) Yanma with the right Ability, nature, and perfect Special Attack IVs (perfect Special Defence too :eek:). Problem is, it has a Speed IV of under 10.

How would I be able to get another Yanma with the same IVs, but with a better Speed IV? Do I just get the almost perfect Yanma to breed with the previous female one with the Everstone? (Timid).
I've already saved if that helps you figure it out.

That would work eventually.

To speed things up, you might want to replace the original female with one that's inherited one or both of the perfect IVs from the male, though.

Last edited:

Empoleon Bonaparte

I live in Sweden. Does this effect the mystery gift thingie?

Example; an American Platinum can get an American Secret Key or something else everywhere around the world, but only during the time of that particular event and with an American version of the game. But an European version can't. Conclusion: Make sure you have the right version at the right time, and you can get it.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I'm really struggling to use IV calculators. Can someone please tell me the best way to work one out and possibly give me a little guide on how to do it?

Coops

After discovering that the slots don't work on my UK version of Platinum, I'm wanting to trade my UK verison in and buy a US version

Two questions:

1) Is it too late to get the Secret Key for the Rotom Forms in the US version? Is there anyway of obtaining it in the UK/European version and transferring it across over DS-to-DS network?

2) Can anyone recommend me a good website where I can buy a US version of the game which will ship to the UK?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
After discovering that the slots don't work on my UK version of Platinum, I'm wanting to trade my UK verison in and buy a US version

Two questions:

1) Is it too late to get the Secret Key for the Rotom Forms in the US version? Is there anyway of obtaining it in the UK/European version and transferring it across over DS-to-DS network?

2) Can anyone recommend me a good website where I can buy a US version of the game which will ship to the UK?

1. Yes, you are too late for the US Key. The UK version may or may not allow you to sent the key. This depends on Nintendo of Europe and Pokémon USA, We will only know in a Weeks time.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I wanted to trade a pokemon from my Diamond version to my Platinum verson, but i only have one DS. So, i tried to do it using Wi-Fi in the GTS. However, when i went to recieve the pokemon in Platinum after putting it up for a trade in Diamond, it wasnt there. However, when i wenty back to diamond, it could still be removed from the GTS. Any advice? I hope this was the right place to ask....

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I wanted to trade a pokemon from my Diamond version to my Platinum verson, but i only have one DS. So, i tried to do it using Wi-Fi in the GTS. However, when i went to recieve the pokemon in Platinum after putting it up for a trade in Diamond, it wasnt there. However, when i wenty back to diamond, it could still be removed from the GTS. Any advice? I hope this was the right place to ask....
The More reliable method is to trade with someone you trust on Wifi.

You trade them your Pokémon you want sending. Swap games and then trade again.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
The More reliable method is to trade with someone you trust on Wifi.

You trade them your Pokémon you want sending. Swap games and then trade again.

Well, i was only trading to get a certain item that my pokemon from Diamond was holding, and i dont really know anyone that would do the Wi-Fi trade and i need the item sooner rather than later, so right now a way to make the Wi-Fi put the diamond pokemon up for a trade would really be better... but thanks anyway. The thing that i really dont understand is that ive used Wi-Fi before with other people and its worked fine. Is there a time delay before a submitted pokemon becomes avaliable to trade?

Coops

Does anyone know a good website where I can buy a US version of Platinum which will ship to the UK?

Where did people import from? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.