• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wat.
I have a question. When my Japanese Platinum comes. Will I be able to trade with my Europe Pokemon Diamond and Pearl games?

Not immidietly but you should be as long as you have two DSes. If DS to DS doesnt work, try exchangin FCes and then logging both on to wifi. Idk when you can start trading, youll probably be able to when you get badge #1. I am waiting for my copy to come in aswell.

books

Not a Beginner
^ i think you recieve togepi from Cynthia instead of the happiny now...

to add to the last question about mystery gift: what does "everybody happy" look like in japanese? sorry if that sounded kinda dumb, but i can't read japanese very well, lol! ^^'

V @ BlueEew: i don't think it'll make a difference for trading, same as it didn't make a difference trading between US and UK/EUR diamond and pearl.

First thing: Okay, thanks.
Second thing: It mentions the characters to put in on the site I mentioned. I'm not sure if we can post directly from another site.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Since the Rotom event is over wifi, people outside Japan should be able to get the secret key as long as they have mystery gift activated, correct?
Probably yes, since it is over wifi.

starboy11

to add to the last question about mystery gift: what does "everybody happy" look like in japanese? sorry if that sounded kinda dumb, but i can't read japanese very well, lol! ^^'

V @ BlueEew: i don't think it'll make a difference for trading, same as it didn't make a difference trading between US and UK/EUR diamond and pearl.

i know hat it looks like and what to say but it doesnt work

starboy11

i know hat it looks like and what to say but it doesnt work

I just beat the e4 today and I'm wondering how to record wifi battles with the battle recorder.

books

Not a Beginner
I just beat the e4 today and I'm wondering how to record wifi battles with the battle recorder.

After battles in the Battle Frontier, you will have the option to save the battle to the Battle Recorder. You can also save battles over local wireless and Wi-Fi.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Not immidietly but you should be as long as you have two DSes. If DS to DS doesnt work, try exchangin FCes and then logging both on to wifi. Idk when you can start trading, youll probably be able to when you get badge #1. I am waiting for my copy to come in aswell.

This reminds me actually. As some have the game already. As anyone been able to trade from their English versions of the game?

Also can you transfer from English games using PalPark?

Shadow Zach X

This reminds me actually. As some have the game already. As anyone been able to trade from their English versions of the game?

Also can you transfer from English games using PalPark?
Yes you can trade Japan Platinum with English DP. But no, the Pal Park is Region Blocked. Only the same language can connect with each other. But I'm not sure if an AUS GBA game can communicate with a US DP or Platinum...

OK I'm just looking for 2 more Pokemon:
Feebas and Hippopotas
Does anyone know what trainers use them? I have a feeling that a Fisherman has Feebas...

Last edited:

Mullac51

Frankly I don't care
Hippopotas is found in the Unown Maniac's cave just below Veilstone City. I know I've seen Feebas somewhere, but I can't remember. :x

I'm looking for Gengar. My friend says its the last pokemon he needs to see, but he's playing on an Emulator and so can't catch one with the GBA slot inclusion. Do any trainers have a Gengar?

EDIT:
But I'm not sure if an AUS GBA game can communicate with a US DP or Platinum...

Well, my Australian Emerald works with the Pearl I imported onto my R4, which is US.

lamminghong

Lost in translation
Feebas can be found west of Sunyshore city, one of the fishermen has one. As for gengar, a trainer in victory road has it. I can't remember exactly, but it was in the right-hand-side room.
Blargh, finally caught moltres. had no idea that sleeping pokemon could flee.

Also, I still have issues finding Dialga/Palkia, which sucks.
- Michael

Last edited:

A Loc BK

Dude.. I wanna make sweet love to you and Mullac at the same time :)
Mullac because he asked the question for me.
You because.. you answered it. :3
I gotz the condom!
just kidding...

But yea thanks man :)

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
For people who keep asking how to activate mystery gift;

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mystery_Gift

Scroll to the 4th gen mystery gift and it tells you and shows you the symbols used in japanese for EVERYONE HAPPY & WIFI CONNECTION. Also yes i know it says for D&P, but it also works for platinum, as the words don't change meaning.

If it doesn't work, then your the one whose doing something wrong, so i'd suggest you make sure each japanese character matches before you complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.